N-Europe

Pokémafia DeathVoid - Game Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright since nobody else has anything...

I was told last night that Ellmeister was evil.

The reason I'm a bit wary is that investigative roles that just give the alignment and nothing else tend to be a bit unreliable. Like, the mafia don usually appears good under investigation, or I might be a dumb cop who gets it all backwards. But I guess the only way to find out is to test it, so with that in mind...

Vote: Ellmeister

Are you sure Gizmo? That's a serious accusation to throw. I understand it's early days, but what's your general power and how does it confirm him as evil? Or is it a straightforward investigative and then a straightforward answer?

Yes, Raining, I am the double vote. I see no point in trying to hide it as I would be discovered quite fast, anyway. However, I am most definitely one of the townsfolk, and I'm going to use Rummy as proof that a double vote is definitely not just a mafia ability.

Anyway, if Gizmo got the result that Ellmeister is evil, I say we go for it. It's the only sure-shot way to figure out if Gizmo's ability works.

Vote : Ellmeister - 5 - Gizmo, MadDog, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Mundi

19 Players. Majority is 10.

CoolnessBears

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

dan-likes-trees

Dyson

Ellmeister

Gizmo

MadDog

Marcamillian

martinist

MoogleViper

Mundi

Paj Meen Ah

Raining_again

Rummy

SPAMBOT4000

Tales

Tellyn

Zell

Yes, Raining, I am the double vote. I see no point in trying to hide it as I would be discovered quite fast, anyway. However, I am most definitely one of the townsfolk, and I'm going to use Rummy as proof that a double vote is definitely not just a mafia ability.

Anyway, if Gizmo got the result that Ellmeister is evil, I say we go for it. It's the only sure-shot way to figure out if Gizmo's ability works.

But in that game everyone started off saying that it was a mafia power to have, it's a bit of a false dichotomy to just be saying 'Oo, it's definitely good now because it was last time!' when last time, no one believed me! I will however, once more believe you...for now. Do you by any chance happen to be Shiny, also?

Given what Gizmo's saying and that people are agreeing, I guess I'm gonna go with Vote: Ellmeister.

Me and him are partners. We can target people and see who they target.

For example last night I discovered that you (paj) targeted nobody.

And from the write up I'm guessing you're the mainly white pokemon.

A light purple Pokemon followed a mainly white Pokemon but it never left its hut.

Not according to my pm. And we both received the same pm with both our roles written in it.

I'm wondering is ReZ is clever/imaginative enough to have a role where your partner is actually evil (i.e. he gets a second PM with his real role).

But in that game everyone started off saying that it was a mafia power to have, it's a bit of a false dichotomy to just be saying 'Oo, it's definitely good now because it was last time!' when last time, no one believed me! I will however, once more believe you...for now. Do you by any chance happen to be Shiny, also?

Given what Gizmo's saying and that people are agreeing, I guess I'm gonna go with Vote: Ellmeister.

Now, I never said it is definitely good now because it was last time. That's silly, I agree. I simply said that suspecting me because a double vote is usually a mafia power doesn't hold water because, as demonstrated, double votes are not necessarily a mafia power.

Anyway, Moogle's intervention complicates the case a bit. I really don't see why Gizmo would be lying as he would be found out soon enough if he pulled this trick more than once. Of course, if he is mafia, he might just try to score two kills this way, one "mistake" to figure out if his power works, and then a lie in the end when we think we can trust him and he makes us kill off the last townie (I did that myself in a previous game when I had gained the town's trust).

A good/evil partnership is an intricate role, but ReZ did say he would spice things up this time around. I don't really know what to think. For now I'm holding on to my vote. I'm willing to take that risk.