N-Europe

Pokémafia DeathVoid - Game Thread

ReZourceman

I apologise for the lack of context Cube.

Mundi (who I already suspect) said that nobody else targetted Giz besides the killer. Yet still votes for him? A little strange to vote and then throw up a reason why the information that he based the vote on is wrong.

You re-confirmed the fact that Tellyn isn't mentioned, almost drawing attention to it.

I'm either very right or just made myself suspicious.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was basing that in the write-up as in:

Tellyn said that Gizmo targeted Zell and I said that it did not look like somebody else then Zell targeted Gizmo based on the write-up.

I was saying that in case that somebody would say that maybe more then one targeted Gizmo that night, opening up the possibility of someone else being the killer.

I was supporting the lynching off Zell.

Right I'm back to stay now! (Until Next thursday to friday) sorry, its just that work keeps sending me off to a hotel with no internetz!

Anyway I didn't send in a target to track so I have nothing to add.

Good work on outting Gizmo guys. I still don't know why people suspect me and Moogle.

I still don't trust Dannyboy.

I don't know who to believe. When Mundi first claimed to be one pokemon and then instantly decided he was another I was ready to vote for him... I'm not sure whether I believe his explanation but his claimed pokemon is a legendary pokemon fro white (I found after a bit of research :D ) and the last two games have had similar characters. However, his power seems a little odd, and almost entirely pointless now he has revealed himself. The mafia now know not to target him unless they kill him, as they may be found otherwise. In other words Mundi's power is now redundant. So why would he tell us?

As for Dannyboy, I'm still suspicious too, and I don't think we should forget about him after lynching zell yesterday.

Incidentally, I have nothing of any use so far.

However, his power seems a little odd, and almost entirely pointless now he has revealed himself. The mafia now know not to target him unless they kill him, as they may be found otherwise. In other words Mundi's power is now redundant. So why would he tell us?

Because I was being accused and the best thing to do is to fess up with everything I know, instead of being needlessly cryptic which would only delay the game.

I thought as much from looking through the writeup. Had I not seen it I wouldn't have mentioned cause it would have provided too good an oppertunity for danny to look like he was being targetted by the mafia.

Again its not watertight... I would still say that a shiny purugly is more white/purple than blue/purple imo. Additionally, from the LifeLight Pokemafia everyone KNEW they were shiny from their PM, Danny seemed surprised by it.

Also, why voteblock rather than kill danny?

I was indeed surprised as I haven't been called shiny anywhere in my PM. Having checked the sprite on Serebii.net, I can confirm that I am indeed NOT shiny, as it is the regular Purugly sprite that appears in my PM. The colours of the sprite match those described in the write-ups.

Also, I was voteblocked yesterday, though it didn't matter much. I suspect the mafia did it - since they know I'm already on the town's target list, they saw it as an easy way to get rid of me. By removing my ability to vote, I think they hoped I would appear reluctant to vote and thus more suspicious. That way they could also avoid getting involved in the lynching of me.

As for the egg appearing in front of me in the write-up, I have no idea. I haven't received any PMs about it.

By the way, I'm gone till sometime this evening.

Why voteblock instead of kill? I'd say it's someone without a killing power, ie a townie that's voteblocking Danny on suspicion of his double vote and being a mafia. Being voteblocked doesn't prove you as town, and with a double vote, I think if anything it more likely proves people's suspicions of you as mafia.

No, I'm just saying it proves people's suspicions of you as mafia, and pointing out the gaping problem of your defense in attempting to say it means you are town. It's a good defense, but I'm still not buying it. Also, I don't really have any other suspicions lol, except maybe them neutrals.

Actually, or Mundi. Just because his name's been mentioned, but I don't really get that one. I need to read some early posts, watch this space people(not for Mundi related stuff).

No, I'm just saying it proves people's suspicions of you as mafia, and pointing out the gaping problem of your defense in attempting to say it means you are town. It's a good defense, but I'm still not buying it. Also, I don't really have any other suspicions lol, except maybe them neutrals.

Actually, or Mundi. Just because his name's been mentioned, but I don't really get that one. I need to read some early posts, watch this space people(not for Mundi related stuff).

But I'm not saying it proves me as town. I never did. I was just theorising as to what could have been the case.

But you put it forward as if it should? It sounds a bit oxymoronic, but it seems as if you're trying too hard for a defense, like you really need to try and prove something, but whilst there's suspicion on you, it seems quite an overreaction, which then makes me think you're even more likely mafia. However, I am learning that I jump to conclusions about people quickly and struggle to let them go, and have a much more pressing issue I want to address.

What I find really, really odd is the existence of three townie trackers, which is just absurd. Neutrals are almost as dangerous as a mafia, so we should look at them if we have no mafia to look at.

Me and him are partners. We can target people and see who they target.

For example last night I discovered that you (paj) targeted nobody.

And from the write up I'm guessing you're the mainly white pokemon.

If one of us is killed then the other knows who targeted him. Which is another reason not to lynch him.

If Ell is nightkilled I know who targeted him (and vice versa).

There's another reason why Ell isn't mafia. I'll be controlling his targets until he comes back. I doubt ReZ would allow a townie to control a mafia.

Okay, I'm a townie, I'm partnered with Moogle, I didn't get some bullshit pm later saying I'm secretly a mafia person, because that's silly.

I'd like to ask Gizmo, you said it works every second night. Surely this is only the first night? Thats the main thing I'd like to point out.

I'm a tracker just like moogle said, we both can speak outside but I've been away so I haven't had a chance to, nor do I know who moogle chose for my target etc.

No I don't think Gizmo is evil, I just think he is a stupid investigator. Its too early to come out with such outrageous comments since he'll be voted off the next day as mafia, no point for the mafia to lose someone so quickly.

I can't really prove anything since Moogle has already said it, and this will just look like I'm copying what he said. This is annoying because its the standard, vote him off and we'll see who is lying. Whilst I don't want you all to vote me off, if this does happen don't instantly go for gizmo when you find out he is wrong. Suspect him, but don't just conclude he is evil (I thought I'd say that before I possibly die).

Eurgh long post after travelling for two hours is surprisingly tiring!

Also, after just seeing what Raining has added:

Vote Dannyboy

Sorry for being inactive ReZ, I did tell you in advance though!

Now, this looks ALOT to me like some sort of outside team with their own win criteria. Being able to talk to each other outside the game, knowing who targets/kills the other(vengeance killing, or maybe a win condition on somehow getting the killer?), it's easy for them to say their town, but obviously they would if they're trying to win. There's definitely something fishy here, and I don't have any other mafia suspicions. Hell, they could even BE mafia working together! Maybe one of those duo pokemons that came up as a theory in LifeLight game. Either way, these two are REALLY suspicious to me, and I'm surprised not to anyone else.

But you put it forward as if it should? It sounds a bit oxymoronic, but it seems as if you're trying too hard for a defense, like you really need to try and prove something, but whilst there's suspicion on you, it seems quite an overreaction, which then makes me think you're even more likely mafia. However, I am learning that I jump to conclusions about people quickly and struggle to let them go, and have a much more pressing issue I want to address.

I know, I know, but just try to read some of the accusations against me again while assuming I am town and telling the truth. People are going by their own false assumptions (like Raining's investigation), accepting them as complete truths and directly calling me a liar. Wouldn't you be quite defensive as well, then, when people actively ignore your attempts to clear yourself and simply spin it so you appear even more guilty than before?

Like you say yourself, that's the overall problem with the mafia games. The behaviours we've seen are in no way conclusive, yet when people start to assume something, they get stuck in that mindset, and then it's easy to read everything as supporting that idea. Consequently, the people under suspicion might even start to appear guilty because they're actively defending themselves. However, if you turn it around, it could also look like the "prosecutors" are the suspicious ones, trying to get others lynched (like I appeared in the beginning). Now, I'm not saying my prosecutors are mafia, though, I'm just pointing out that either way, we really have no conclusive evidence. I know that's part of the game, but sometimes people get too fixated on their own ideas without considering the other possibilities. Especially considering it's absolutely silly to still rely on old formulas in this game. The new wave of mafias we've seen have really been creative and experimenting with the setup.

Right now, we do not know if Gizmo knew who is in the Mafia and it is quite apparent that the Mafia did not know who he was.

Well there's also the fact that I've been in the write up every week (light purple). And my tracker power has been proven.

Also what use would a tracker be to the mafia?

I've already got my suspicions and voiced them.

I don't mind who people want to lynch but it seems that alot of people are waiting on someone like Tellyn to come forward with something than coming up with their own theories or looking for anything.

Its this kind of thing thats caused days to end and then people complain.