N-Europe

Mafia Drive

ReZourceman

I just went back to two years ago when the mafia boom started on NE and the games regularly had 35-40 people playing! Now you're pushed to get 20.

So I'm coming to general to try and re-grab peoples attention, as the Mafia boom has re-boomed and several people are now running different games.

Never played a mafia game before? Its awesome. Basically theres x people and x people are mafia and must kill the townies. Its all accusations, analysation and behaviour. Its a great game. So go over to the playground and check out the sign ups.

Please.

Thanks.

It's a very good game, you just have to have the time to come on the forum at the very least daily to check the progress of the game..

and hope you don't get a crappy role that gives you no information! Being mafia is really fun.

And live games on the IRC are absolutely BRILLIANT. Dyson!!!

I tried once.

I had nothing to do.

And I got accused of being or killer or whatever because I was away in London for the day.

Exactly, its really off putting when you get no information, or the writeups are too vague to point a finger at anyone. You don't have to be an info gatherer to get information, but you need a GOOD writeup to get information, if you aren't one.

I'd say thats not true at all. You can piece a HELL of a lot together by not having any investigative power.

Examples.

- Make notes of who votes for who and what order. Who starts lynching for which people, and then look back at them when x is outted as mafia.

- If you're a roleblocker try and observe who says they got stuff or did stuff succesfully then you can try and tick off what their power is/who they are.

- General behaviour in the thread.

- Etc etc.

I'd say thats not true at all. You can piece a HELL of a lot together by not having any investigative power.

Examples.

- Make notes of who votes for who and what order. Who starts lynching for which people, and then look back at them when x is outted as mafia.

- If you're a roleblocker try and observe who says they got stuff or did stuff succesfully then you can try and tick off what their power is/who they are.

- General behaviour in the thread.

- Etc etc.

well thats a wee bit too much for my small noggin rez... :P

I love mafia games. One can gather a lot from the info available, like write-ups and accusations. And intuition, of course ;)

When I was running mafia games, I tended to give small amounts of info to several people, so that they could relate it to the write-up (Whether I was giving accurate info or red herrings depended on the character or event), but many of them didn't even make an effort (For example, at one point, all someone had to do was say something small like "Dannyboy had company tonight", and notice that the murderer du jour had someone else with him. Even when the write-up straight up said "The fish is a mad scientist", Jayseven had to make an effort to get people talking about it)

In a nutshell, if you don't take a look at the info available, even the one that comes from non-investigators, you get nothing, only a boring game.

And live games on the IRC are absolutely BRILLIANT. Dyson!!!

I really should run one of these again but that'd mean people needing to be on IRC... :heh:

I have been playing with the idea of running a classic, no-theme Mafia game.

I hope it will be a deterrent to people thinking: "I hope I get some wacky role and then never take part in this game!"

Man, I'd be up for playing a Vanilla Mafia game. I ran one after getting irritated at how complicated and intricate the other mafia games were getting and fancied something basic. It was good fun!

I'd love to take part in a live mafia.

Do it Dyson, do it.

My first and only mafia to date was the live one, and it was awesome. Really fun, really should be done again...Dyson!

Still need three players. :(

Hound Marcamillian through whatever means you may possess ;)

I still need 3 people for my new Pokemafia! If you're viewing this and havn't signed up or havn't played a Mafia before, then give it a try! You'll like it. :D

Ashley maybe you should give it another try.

Really don't have the time :p

I really should run one of these again but that'd mean people needing to be on IRC... :heh:

Man, I'd be up for playing a Vanilla Mafia game. I ran one after getting irritated at how complicated and intricate the other mafia games were getting and fancied something basic. It was good fun!

Say the word and I'll be there. ;)

When you say Vanilla Mafia, do you mean completely without night powers or with only investigators and protectors?

Say the word and I'll be there. ;)

When you say Vanilla Mafia, do you mean completely without night powers or with only investigators and protectors?

As in the theme would be Mafia VS Town, with normal kind of roles like standard roleblockers, protectors, investigators, trackers etc.