Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dexter

Beast

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please use spoiler tags to discuss its content as a lot of people seem to be slow and not watching it at the American pace. Strange fellows :p

And some of us prefer not to watch trailers and have a bunch of stuff spoiled before the new season starts. :heh:

Well, I dunno if it's because of everything else that was goin on in my tv world, but... Season 5 felt like a smelly turd to me. I was watching Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire at the same time, mind, so I guess everything would seem bad... still, hated season 5.

Well, if I'm being completely honest I only liked seasons 1 and 4... 2 was okay. And then again I didn't really "love" any part of Dex. Good show, still!

Well i'm 4 episodes into season 4 so far, and already prefer it to season 3.

I think Season 2 has been the best so far for me (yet to watch 5 yet though)

Highlights of Season 3 were Miguel really. I like his character right up to the final hours, then feelings changed rapidly.

So far 4 is pretty awesome..

Special Detective Lundy is back, although I just witnessed him and Deb get shot

:( so his time is over I assume, he looked pretty dead :(

• 4 weeks later...

Season 4 finished....

HOLY SHIT.

What a way to end a season.

I Couldn't quite believe what happened, I assumed he was having some form of nightmare, but I'm yet to find out as I haven't watched any of season 5 yet, but wow. what an ending if it really is the death of Rita. Just when you think all's well with the death of the trinity killer, to see Harrison in a pool of his mother's blood and the flashbacks to Dexter in the container in his mothers pool of blood. just... wow. in need of season 5 now!

Yeh, Murr..

Is she really dead? It certainly was a shocking end and I don't really want it to be ruined for me before I get my hands on Season 5. If she is dead, that really does shake things up..

I actually didn't like Rita and kinda wanted her dead (preferably by Dexter :grin:) but after seeing her in the bath tub, I'm not even sure any more :eek:

• 1 month later...

At first I was unconvinced by the Debs Lieutenant thing (it's a tad contrived) but actually it really shifts the dynamic around in the office and fits in with Matthews' character (i.e. being PR minded and wanting to fuck over Maria, although I hope Debs is good in the role) so I'm looking forward to that :D Hope we get a small mention of Lundy too as he always had faith in her.

Other than that...I can't take Colin Hanks seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not really digging the over-the-top killings this season. There was one scene in the latest episode that reminded me so much of Deadly Premonition. And I wish they'd stop it with the CGI animals.

But I guess it's early days yet.

Also...

I hated how everyone acted like Dexter was the world's worst parent because he didn't want to brainwash his son into a religion.

Dexter: Nah, I don't think I'm going to raise my son believing in a higher power.

Every other character: Dexter, it's okay if you don't believe in God, but what about your son? WHAT ABOUT YOUR SON?

He is from a heavy Latino-Catholic area so its inevitable that while most people don't actively practice a faith they will be a member of one. Plus God is kind of a big deal over in America :heh:

I'm hoping that...

Debs catches the big bad this year, mostly so it will look good for her career. Maybe Dexter can catch Colin Hanks as he's actually doing the murders whereas EJO's character isn't. Not sure how he'd fall on the Code.)

He is from a heavy Latino-Catholic area so its inevitable that while most people don't actively practice a faith they will be a member of one. Plus God is kind of a big deal over in America :heh:

Oh, I know that. But you've got to admit it's a bit sad when the serial killer is the most sane person in the group. :heh:

I'm hoping that...

Debs catches the big bad this year, mostly so it will look good for her career. Maybe Dexter can catch Colin Hanks as he's actually doing the murders whereas EJO's character isn't. Not sure how he'd fall on the Code.)

It would be nice if Debra got to actually catch a criminal for once. She came so close last season. :sad:

Though it's not like Dexter has never killed someone who didn't fit the Code. Was it last season or the season before that that he killed an innocent and it was never brought up again?

That kind of sucked.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!