N-Europe

Dexter

Beast

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god! That episode was brilliant.

This is my favourite season I think. I mean/....Trinity was amazing last season...but the side stories were slightly lacking. This time, the whole package is utterly amazing. God. So good. Literally too good. And I love the hell out of Lumen.

I nearly came when I saw the 'next week on Dexter' snippet. Fuck. I can't see him getting out of this one.

Three words to describe my feelings about this episode: Oh. My. God!

Seriously, the last twenty minutes were making me say that all the way through. I would love to see what happens next! I can't believe I have to wait a week, I want to know now!!!

This series is starting to rival 4 as the best. So much intensity in the last few episodes.

What I love most about this series is when...

Dexter first discovered Lumen and me and my gf agreed that he pretty much had to kill her to stay alive, or at least out of jail. HOW WRONG WE WERE. I actually feel ashamed that that thought crossed my mind!

Since then Lumen has become awesome, and Dexter has developed as a character so bloody well. I really hope they do another series with them as a team, but I am very worried in 2 weeks Lumen will be dead, just like Rita and Dexter will be cast asunder, alas, to quest alone, in the shadows of society once again.

The next 2 episodes are going to be amazing, Jordan Chase knows they are coming, Liddy knows their dark secret and will probably tell Deb. Can't wait for the fireworks.

Non-spoliers: Stuff happened.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Debs may finally find out, I was sure of it. Still, an interesting character development as she realises there can be shades of grey. I wonder if Dexter helping to clear Quinn will get Quinn off his back or if old habits will come back next season. Up until the last scene I assumed they were going to have Quinn being investigated next season and he tries to get Dexter caught, although I suppose that would be similar to this season. Wonder if they'll pick up the Liddy case again because that's still unknown.

It was nice to see Astor finally not being a douche to Dexter, although she has this weird glassy look about her face.

Suppose it was inevitable that Lumen would be gone although didn't expect in that way. For a moment I thought she was going to jump off the Slice of Life.

I loved the meta joke that it was Angel and Maria's anniversary.

Not as intense a finale as last year but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Edited by Ashley

I enjoyed the finale, although...

...the clearing of Quinn's name seemed a bit odd.

"Hey, I guess this blood isn't Liddy's! Off you go then, Quinn, despite the fact the only reason we were suspicious of you in the first place was because you acted really, really shifty and pretty much voluntarily implicated yourself."

To be honest Lumen annoyed me so I'm glad they wrapped up her inclusion. I suppose it's inevitable that they'll need a new 'love' interest next season, though; maybe a female forensics expert that Masuka can make inappropriate comments about?

I adored this season and it's definitely my favourite...

it ended like the whole show has ended for good. There was no cliffhanger or anything. This makes me extremely worried.

I was also upset that Lumen left and you saw Dexter almost fall apart. Made me sad :(

Loved it.

SLIGHTLY peeved that Deb just let them go but they're clearly setting things up for her finding out later on. Also, Quinn KNOWS now, right? I mean, he must do. I don't think they're gonna let this drop. They better had not.

Also does Deb know more about Dex than she's letting on? He said something to her near the end like he bets she's glad that this is all over and she says "I bet you are too" I dunno.. It felt significant somehow. I'm gonna miss Lumen but I guess it's the right thing for the story. He did begin to help her to make amends for what happened to Rita and a lot of what Chase said on the table about their characters and relationship was pretty true.

S5 > S4 > S2 > S1 > S3 TBH.

Each season surprises me. The end of the season I'm ususally left with "WHAT THE FUUUU... There's no way they can follow this, let alone top it" -- yet this season was an exception. I think this season has been the most consistent in terms of tone. You can consider it a grieving period, especially when you consider the especially low bodycount we've had this time round. While we have Dexter returned to the status quo we really seem to be heading towards a season 6 that may have easily been season 5. If the kids didn't stay with the grandparents then we'd've had a season focused on dexter trying to fit his secret life around them as the main focus on the season. This season served to give that scenario a greater depth. Quinn is surely cleared, but there are enough clues dotted about to link dexter to the whole chase incident that could give season 6 a better story to combine with Dexter As Dad.

Random words strewn together!

yeah. The stakes weren't necessarily as high as previous seasons but I really think this has been one of the most reliable and enjoyable ones yet.

I, too, thought

that Dexter would spend next season in jail, being aide to the metro's investigation, Hannibal Lecter-style. Or something.

But yes! Dexter is easily the best superhero tv show out there.

• 5 months later...

Fucking idiots in the Sky Magazine. I lost track of what season we were on, and read that the new series started on June 17th or something, and I was like "Awesome!" (thought it was the new one), and so I read the blurb....

"Blah blah, new season, new challenges, blah blah, new season kicks off with a big question for Dexter - who killed Debra?"

I was like..."What the actual fuck?" Epic epic spoilers. But then I turned to the double spread on it, and it was Season 5 and I think it was just some kind of stupid retarded mistake. :/ Amazingly stupid.

Fucking idiots in the Sky Magazine. I lost track of what season we were on, and read that the new series started on June 17th or something, and I was like "Awesome!" (thought it was the new one), and so I read the blurb....

"Blah blah, new season, new challenges, blah blah, new season kicks off with a big question for Dexter - who killed Debra?"

I was like..."What the actual fuck?" Epic epic spoilers. But then I turned to the double spread on it, and it was Season 5 and I think it was just some kind of stupid retarded mistake. :/ Amazingly stupid.

I was actually going to go apeshit for a second but then I read the next paragraph and it was all good! :D

I really can't wait for this season to start. I need my Dexter, True Blood and Sons of Anarchy!

Oh, the order for me is: 5 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 3 although I adore them all. Dexter is literally the most awesome character that has ever been created for television!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!