Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, we shall make an oath: no hard feelings if one is lynched for inactivity or lack of proper defence arguments.

We assume there was good reason for the town to do it, and simply accept that it happened, otherwise it just slows down the game.

Naturally. I've always considered that to be the way of things. If I gave the impression that I didn't, that's my mistake.

Started writing Ruby and Sapphire. There were some absolutely awesome roles I had to cut from Gold and Silver.

For peoples future info, it will be VERY APPROX 25-40% RS and mostly RB and some GS, as people seem more familiar with the earlier stuff.

---------

@chairdriver, do you want to go next? I believe @jayseven and @Cube are not ready?

Currently active Mafia Games

Medieval Mafia (By The Peeps)

Pokémafia 11 : Gold and Silver (By ReZourceman)

Currently Signing up

Signing Up Soon

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

The Ace Attorney Mafia (By Jonnas)

Sci Fi/Fantasy Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

Animal Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

Advance Wars Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Rage Comic Ultimate Edition X (By Esequiel)

Fire Emblem Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Shadow Mountain Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

Dune Mafia (By Yvonne)

LOST Mafia (By Tales)

Scream Mafia (By Dazz)

Assassins Creed Mafia (By EEVILMURRAY)

TBC Mafia (By Zell)

Mafiawesome: Chicago Fish (By Jayseven)

Pokémafia 12 : Ruby and Sapphire (By ReZourceman)

Announced, Highly Anticipated and Unscheduled

The Gentlemen's Mafia III (By Jonnas)

For the record, my mafia is nearly ready, and I'm willing to start sign-ups soon. The reason I fell a few spots down on the queue was because I thought X-Men and DIY would be over quickly, but they lasted long enough for me to be available.

Basically, I'm ready to go if Cube, Jayseven or chairdriver aren't.

So you'll be unavailable for the next few weeks? Aw, man... :(

Yeah, leave to Spain next week and Disneyland straight after. Won't be fully online again until October 24 I think. =P

Too bad, I love to play in your games haha. But I don't think you have to worry about getting enough players anyway. So have fun! =)

Yeah, so while I didn't want to comment while the game was going on...

@Tales - My moaning about real life stuff was true (I was v busy) but ultimately I was just using a technique to try and get people off my back. I was playing the game, and using a tactic. It was a part of my game, rather than an actual complaint about real life stopping me playing etc. You commenting on it actually made my story less believable. There is a reason you aren't allowed to talk about games that are currently being played, so please follow it from now on.

So yeah, while I totally agree that it shouldn't really happen, it's also a totally legitimate thing to say in a game, especially when you're a mafia member trying to defend yourself. I also should note it's often a valid excuse for townies who are being questioned (as not being online and avoiding questions/being killed for inactivity isn't really fair when you literally can't get online), but to randomly just say that everyone who uses this as an excuse should be punished with something like a banning is ridonkulous. It was a ploy, and I was using it to get people to back off until you basically ruined it.

From now on, please talk about shit like this AFTER A GAME HAS FINISHED. Thanks :)

Edited by Nintendohnut

I think it's an unfair tactic, because as Hero said, it makes the attacker a bad person for pursuing it despite the pleas from the busy person. I was not happy about not being allowed to attack danny based on various evidence just because he was busy, that was how I saw it, and I will never accept it as a legimate tactic, because it simply makes anyone who ignores the person's busy life as bad person for not respecting real life.

But I've said it so many times: You were allowed to question me. I never said you couldn't question me on my targets - in fact you did, and I simply gave the explanation that I hadn't given much thought to them because I'd been busy. No problems there. As Dohnut says, I see that as a completely valid tactic. Obviously you didn't believe it, which I understand perfectly since it is a weak explanation, but I don't see why you can't just say so and vote for me, then? Why is it a less valid explanation than any other explanation?

Listen, it wasn't the questioning or the disbelief that made me feel I was being attacked, it was the seeming lack of acceptance of the fact that it was how things were. I didn't feel you were disrespecting my personal life by questioning me or disbelieving my explanation, I felt you were disrespecting it by giving the impression that I wasn't allowed to prioritise real life and then explain it as it were. Whether I used it as a tactic or not doesn't matter because I honestly was busy and hadn't been paying much attention to the game. And I felt I was being scolded for that, which is what ticked my already stressed mind off.

As Jonnas concluded earlier: If people claim they've been busy as the explanation for any given thing, that's fine and dandy, and like with all explanations in the game, the other players are free to believe, disbelieve and/or question that explanation as they see fit and act on their belief. No hard feelings towards anyone.

The point here is that NO ONE will be made out to be the bad guy for questioning or disbelieving any given explanation NO MATTER WHAT, as long as they respect the explanation given. :)

The main point is - do not talk about mafia games outside of the game thread until it is finished! Mafia tactics in game are enough, I don't need my mind meta-fucked by seeing tactics spilled over into this thread.

This is the one main point I was trying to make. Regardless of whether or not it's a 'valid' tactic, Tales, you were talking about a game as it was going on, which is SPECIFICALLY NOT ALLOWED. It directly affected the game, the way I played it, and the way people reacted to my tactic within it. Whether the tactic was valid or not can be discussed, but not DURING the game it's being used in - it MUST wait until afterwards. You said people using the tactic should be punished, but if anyone should be punished it's you, for breaking one of the fundamental rules of a mafia game. I personally don't think you should actually be punished (as long as you don't do it again), but I'm saying that if you think people should be punished for the tactic, you should also be punished for breaking the rules.

[/end]

My apologies, it didn't cross my mind. I was to annoyed at learning danny was mafia all along and to see you try use the same "tactic" (knowing that you were mafia too didn't help) I wanted to get it on table there and then. I didn't realize or think that it would effect an ongoing game. So again my apoligies for that, but if the result was that you couldn't use the "tactic" further, then good.

I think a lot of people is missing my point though so I give up. Nekst time someone says they were busy I will stop questioning.

Edited by Tales

• 4 weeks later...

Currently active Mafia Games

The Ace Attorney Mafia (By Jonnas)

Currently Signing up

Signing Up Soon

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantasy Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

Animal Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

Advance Wars Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Rage Comic Ultimate Edition X (By Esequiel)

Fire Emblem Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Shadow Mountain Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

Dune Mafia (By Yvonne)

LOST Mafia (By Tales)

Scream Mafia (By Dazz)

Assassins Creed Mafia (By EEVILMURRAY)

TBC Mafia (By Zell)

Mafiawesome: Chicago Fish (By Jayseven)

Pokémafia 12 : Ruby and Sapphire (By ReZourceman)

Announced, Highly Anticipated and Unscheduled

The Gentlemen's Mafia III (By Jonnas)

WHO NEXT? My game is ready but I am far down in the list :p @jayseven @Cube either of you ready yet? :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!