Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people should be smart enough to take a break themselves if they have gotten tired of the games. I've taken a break recently as I knew I would be too busy to pay attention to it. Plus three games at once is too many, so I only sign up in one game. If you think about what you can handle, it'll make these games more fun again I think. Don't sign up for all of them if it's going to be too much.

If there's a new game coming up of which I like the theme, I'm in!

Sure, but you all keep saying it's the inactives' own responsibility to not sign up when clearly people still keep signing up and becoming inactive. :heh:

So to combat that, you think we should all not play any games, and then the inactives will just stop joining games?

Personally, I don't think we can blame inactivity in mafia games totally on there being lots of them going on.

There are lots of factors, including how good the GM is at keeping to deadlines; the style of the game (Dazz and Diageo's games currently running are extremely different to each other); how good a start the mafia gets off to - if they get killed quickly they'll become inactive to keep low; how quickly the most active players get killed/voted off and also how well the actual roles suit the players who have them.

I think it's also good for a mafia game for there to be lots of confusion/false results/switchers.

The most fun I have in mafia games is going after Nintendohnut genuinely believing he is evil even if he isn't!

And I admit that I do prefer to be mafia than a townie. Being in a neutral mafia was good because I got no real suspicion :P

There's no reason to sign up to a mafia if you don't think you can participate much.

There is a trend of certain players who always sign up, post once a day, every other day and last a lot longer than people who would generally be active. It annoyed me in the pokémafia, the one where us as the mafia were close to winning and suddenly several townie inactives appeared and won after doing NOTHING all game, not even sending PMs some nights.

I guess that's part of the excitement of it, but there's my analysis of the mafia game situation :P

PARANOIA! THATS WHAT THE GAMES NEED! PLENTY OF PARANOIA!

So to combat that, you think we should all not play any games, and then the inactives will just stop joining games?

Nope, I expect inactive people to gain interest again. We saw the mafia games die out last time, seemingly because people got an overdose.

Personally, I don't think we can blame inactivity in mafia games totally on there being lots of them going on.

There are lots of factors, including how good the GM is at keeping to deadlines; the style of the game (Dazz and Diageo's games currently running are extremely different to each other); how good a start the mafia gets off to - if they get killed quickly they'll become inactive to keep low; how quickly the most active players get killed/voted off and also how well the actual roles suit the players who have them.

I think it's also good for a mafia game for there to be lots of confusion/false results/switchers.

The most fun I have in mafia games is going after Nintendohnut genuinely believing he is evil even if he isn't!

And I admit that I do prefer to be mafia than a townie. Being in a neutral mafia was good because I got no real suspicion :P

There's no reason to sign up to a mafia if you don't think you can participate much.

There is a trend of certain players who always sign up, post once a day, every other day and last a lot longer than people who would generally be active. It annoyed me in the pokémafia, the one where us as the mafia were close to winning and suddenly several townie inactives appeared and won after doing NOTHING all game, not even sending PMs some nights.

I guess that's part of the excitement of it, but there's my analysis of the mafia game situation :P

PARANOIA! THATS WHAT THE GAMES NEED! PLENTY OF PARANOIA!

I agree. I think we need some games that are not as text-heavy and with very active roles that will get some action and suspense going. I certainly enjoy the two current games, but they're heavier and slower which might decrease people's interest.

For you The Peeps - I can do anything.

Currently active Mafia Games

DEATH NOTE Mafia (Diageo)

Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia (Dazz)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Pokemafia 9 : Red and Blue Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Heroes Mafia (By The Peeps)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

High School TV Series Mafia (By Tales)

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

Hmm. Well ages ago I started thinking about DC Mafia, with fairly revolutionary/innovative/brand new gameplay[/hype] but then never really settled down to plan it out thouroughly. One of the reasons I started playing in less games is Uni, and I'm still there so yeah. I'll think about it.

I've told you numerous times to throw me to the bottom of the list, or even just remove me completely, since I have absolutely zilch at the moment. I wanted to be put on the list when I thought I'd make another mafia fairly soon after the Colour one, but I lost the mafia-maker drive and haven't got it back yet. When/if I get my arse in gear to make another mafia, I'll let you know. :)

Okay cool. Does anyone have a problem with the below reshuffling?

Currently active Mafia Games

DEATH NOTE Mafia (Diageo)

Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia (Dazz)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

Pokemafia 9 : Red and Blue Mafia (By ReZourceman)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Heroes Mafia (By The Peeps)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

High School TV Series Mafia (By Tales)

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

Oh...but if HP or DN finishes and no one else is ready then I'm just gonna go.....

I am also ready to go I think, so if we're having a massive "Oh shit there's no mafias" moment i can go for it. That said previous inactives will probably not be welcomed (because I'm a harsh bastard but also because I want my game to keep the pace and interest levels up). I also have like 20 roles but I know I probably won't need them all :)

[/random thoughts]

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!