NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Man, Nintendohnut figured us out for ages, but we forced him to help us achieve victory. And we would've done it faster, if Mundi hadn't confessed by accident.

Which was a mistake on my park as I didn't explain well enough that as long as the town could achieve a majority, the game wouldn't be over.

Oh, yeah, I remember those! Dang, he one where I won as part of the mafia was epic! I remember Eenuh and I chose Scully and Mulder without each other knowing, and that was incorporated into the game. So awesome. :D

Still need three pissing sign ups for the next Pokemafia. Losers. Do you folks not realise how AWESOME it's gonna be.

Technically 12 all new roles (or special abilities) to Pokemafia.

I'd say the current pokemafia is possibly my favourite mafia ever.

If the next is better, then awesome.

I'd say the current pokemafia is possibly my favourite mafia ever.

If the next is better, then awesome.

Next is going to be insane. As I'm trying a lot of new stuff it will be very interesting to see where it goes.

Oh, yeah, I remember those! Dang, he one where I won as part of the mafia was epic! I remember Eenuh and I chose Scully and Mulder without each other knowing, and that was incorporated into the game. So awesome. :D

Well, it could've, but you guys never met during the night.

Seriously, I thought you guys did it on purpose.

Well, it could've, but you guys never met during the night.

Seriously, I thought you guys did it on purpose.

I don't blame you for believing that. What were the odds? :heh: It's a shame we didn't meet, but I did love how I had the entire town fooled at the end. :D

My favourite Mafia games are probably:

The first on where I pretty much was outed as being evil early on by an investigator, got someone else lynched that day and still won in the end.

The first DIY, the write up pretty much said I was a Mafia member and killed someone that night, which of course resulted in me getting someone else lynched and winning the game.

The best one by far was the second game, where the last Mafia member was a townie that had been recruited after he was confirmed as a townie.

The last lynching was incredibly intense as it determined if the town or Mafia would win.

I think the first video game mafia is the game that got me involved in them in the first place. It was back in the day when I was new to the forum and didn't really know where everything was. There was a computer game out around that time called 'Mafia' and I saw 'Mafia game thread' and thought it was just a discussion about the video game. So I completely missed the sign ups and when I did eventually go into the thread it just blew me away. After that I don't think I've missed a mafia game.

But yeah, the space mafia was amazing and frustrating at the same time. The mafia played well, but if the town had listened to me I had literally the entire thing figured out. But they silenced me, and I think they forced me to vote for someone, which meat they had enough to lynch, and the next day they got majority. It was clever but I got so pissed in that game :)

Incidentally I don't think we should have 3 going at once. I personally could keep track I think (just) BUT I think one of the main reasons that Paj's X-Men Mafia has been so quiet and under-participated-in is because people were concentrating more on the pokemafia. Back in the days of the original mafia games there would be one going at once and it helped with participation etc. I feel like if I have two roles in two games and one is massively more interesting than the other, I will be much less likely to post in the 'boring role thread' than the other. At most I think it should be 2 at once, but I'd be happier with one at a time. That's just me though.

It'd be better maybe if we had a shitton of people, all in one huge mafia.

I've only played one and a half mafias, so I can't comment much atm. I'll do so after pokemafia's over, but I'd definitely like to say the live mafia dyson did was quite awesome.

I think several mafias at the same time can work since many people die and then have nothing to do.

An excellent point, I survived my first mafia and I'm still alive in this one, so I guess that's something I've never really considered! It'd suck to be out well early and just have to wait and watch the rest of the game unfold.

Can we please not have too many at once? It gets very confusing when you're in multiple games, and each game gets a lot less attention and thought than if there were less games occurring at the same time.

I'd advise two actual games going on max, with one sign-up at a time, to avoid annoyance at unexpected delays that can lead to players who promised to play but end up dissapearing *ahem*.

Of course, I'm not going to enforce it :P I just think it'd be a shame to see the resurgence quickly flounder under the weight of too many games dividing our attention. Plus I wanna do one and mine will DEMAND the players pay close attention.

Too many games at once is what killed the mafia games off last time.

And I think we're already seeing this tendency again. May I suggest that we stick with the games and sign-up threads created at the moment for now? As soon as the Pokémafia ends (which it is bound to very soon), we can move on with the next.

Last time we had a 'queue' system, but that started becoming a problem when there were 5 games waiting to start. I think we should have a queue, but with no more than 2 games on it at a time. The first should be fine as we'll be moving on soon, but let's not start a sign-up thread until the next two have started. I'll quickly update the queue anyway:

Pokemafia: Deathvoid

Run by: ReZourceman

Starting: After Last Mafia

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

Run by: Diageo

Starting: 2nd September/After Deathvoid (if Deathvoid continues past 2nd)

DIY Mafia

Run by: Maddog

Starting: After SSBB Mafia

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps a "New mafia starts when third of player pool is dead" or something like that, give or take a fraction.

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps a "New mafia starts when third of player pool is dead" or something like that, give or take a fraction.

As long as there are not too many going on at the same time. Two or three at max.

Last time we had a 'queue' system, but that started becoming a problem when there were 5 games waiting to start. I think we should have a queue, but with no more than 2 games on it at a time. The first should be fine as we'll be moving on soon, but let's not start a sign-up thread until the next two have started. I'll quickly update the queue anyway:

Pokemafia: Deathvoid

Run by: ReZourceman

Starting: After Last Mafia

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

Run by: Diageo

Starting: 2nd September/After Deathvoid (if Deathvoid continues past 2nd)

DIY Mafia

Run by: Maddog

Starting: After SSBB Mafia

Just updating from this.

Currently active Mafia Games

Pokemafia DeathVoid

X-Men Mafia

Currently Signing up

Super Smash Bros Mafia

DIY Mafia

Currently active Mafia Games

Pokemafia DeathVoid