N-Europe

The Best Moments Of Your Life

ReZourceman

Generally anything in sixth form. I finally understand when people say school is the best days of your life. They really are.

I agree...I've always liked school. Maybe that's why I want to be a teacher too :D

Ok, here are some:

• Childhood: All kinds of playing with my friends, from video games to action figures to exploring the nearby woods...Acting like detectives / spies :D Playing street hockey on the street at winter...
  • School: overall very fun memories. Especially connected with the beauty and colour of Autumn...new faces, new courses, crispy morning walks...The fun of doing different sports, cooking new foods, learning new stuff...
  • Volleyball: Second time I played volleyball, was about 14 or so. Just had a fun group to practice with...no pressure, no competitiveness, just pure enjoyment of playing the game...
  • N64: Good memories...all the multiplayer games we had...WCW vs. NWO, Perfect Dark, Pokémon Stadiums as the perfect party games...
  • Buddhism: The first time I read a Buddhist book...it just resonated with me unlike anything else before. Like some part of me had just arrived home...
  • Meditation: My personal experiments. Reading all kinds of meditation manuals, listening to talks, delving into the fascinating biographies of forest monks...Doing intensive periods of sitting, walking, lying down meditation...trying to be aware during the day, before going to sleep. Having increasingly clear dreams...
  • Therapy: Found a wonderful woman as my doctor...we had a pretty good connection. Just open talk, she helping me discover my positive sides...Really liked our conversations.
  • Yoga: Has given me much...energy, posture, wonderful people to practice with...also →
  • The cessation of my thinking neurosis: Without a doubt, one of the most relieving things that has ever happened to me. Finally, I can be at peace...no more constant analysation. Also, emotions and stress seem to have less and less effect on me now...I can just be without my mind getting tangled at everything.
  • Family: Very fortunate. Sure, I'd done some things differently, but overall I've had the privilege of being born amongst very kind people. I might not agree on everything with my mother, but I can still talk to her about almost anything...Dad wasn't too open about his stuff, but still was a gentle person...Also, get along very well with my brother. Lived in the same room for about 13 years or so, and never had any problems whatsoever...

There you go. Life has been full of good moments...

I'm still waiting on anything I'd class as a defining "best" moment in my life.

Lots of "good" ones...when I got my 2 A's (and a D lol) at A Level, getting A in English (and Art) was the only real academic striving thing I ever cared about. And I'm really proud of it. Not sure why. Probs cause I'm not very academic otherwise.

Finishing school. Definitely one of my greatest moments.

My ultimate moment of Nirvana came to me ten minutes into a two hour Japanese exam that I couldn't leave. I decided to change my university course. Just like that, I felt so much better. I spent the next hour and fifty minutes looking out of the window with a smile on my face.

Most things I am proud of aren't just moments. For example, actually carrying through with my desire to start parkour. I'm so so happy I did it. This weekend there was a massive event on the South Bank that I went to and it's like a small community and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

It's become my fifth realm (Family, Uni friends, Non-Uni friends, Old friends and now Parkour).

Seeing my favourite band in the whole wide world play live in like the smallest venue ever, capacity of 700. It was the most amazing gig ever just because EVERYONE was there for the same reason and the atmosphere was immense.

They jammed at the end for a good 20 minutes, and I didn't want it to end, the drummer threw out his sticks and me and this girl caught it and she was trying to play the "i'm a girl" card but I wasn't having any of it so being the gentleman I am I snapped it over my knee and we had half each... Sadly I lost my half on the tube on the way back to the hotel, oh well.

Daft, I've had that exam moment realisation except I never did anything about it. Major props to you that you did.

Cheers! It was the end of the first term of my second year, to make things worse. When it came down to it, I just wasn't happy. I tried to break it down as much as I could and it just became clear, my course was the problem (and me not being right for it). I've always thought if you really try hard enough you can do anything, become better at anything, but this made me realise that giving up is sometimes the right choice, or at least questioning what you're certain about. As Phoenix put it "I know there's much more dignity in defeat than in the brightest victory". Whatever that means.

:D

That decision has definitely defined me more than any other. I got a job at Square for a year and went back to uni to a course I now love. It's so crazy how things work out. Often I think about how lucky I've been with that.

What was your exam moment?

Download Festival 2009 - The Whole weekend, had great company, great atmosphere, great music and with my girlfriend :)

Mauritius 2006 - Stayed with my family over there, did so many awesome things, again great company as some friends came with me.

Every Boxing day since i turned 18 - All my family come to my parents house, we all exchange christmas presents, eat amazing food, drink alot of alcohol, have lots of fun in general. i really love the atmosphere with all my family there.

Don't you ever feel like there's just too many to actually pick specifics?

Alot of my early/vivid memories will be video game related.

Teen memories are crazy days and nights out.

Adult memories are sitting around thinking about the good old days.

There was one specific summer in my life that was literally the best summer ever. Every week there was a massive water fight where literally the whole street got involved (even the parents) and we also had geeky times in the garden lying on the grass with our Gameboys playing Pokemon. We also tried building dens and stuff like that (and failed) and I had my first kiss in that summer as well. Brilliant times!

I suppose I could say my school days from Year 9 onwards were awesome too. I never got hassled as much as I did in the previous years. Also, I love whenever it's a family member's birthday because we all go and have a meal as a massive family and we have drinks and have a right laugh.

To those who read my posts in the breakup-thread:

Well, yesterday I told my girl that I've made a mistake and I confessed my love once more. Then we kissed. And now read the thread's title.

Go dr4hkon! haha. Well done mate! :grin: