Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Your favourite arcade games from back in the day

lostmario

I've never had an arcade near me, are they that common?

Not in inland towns, although we had some good machines in the leisure centres. I was lucky to have loads of seasides near me though, and they had pretty much everything I wanted. My favourites in the '80s were:

Double Dragon

Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja

...they were so exciting, I used to shake with excitement. Then in the '90s I loved:

Spider-Man

Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder

...two underrated 2D beat-em-ups.

sim_house_of_the_dead_3.jpg

The%20Simpsons%20-%20Arcade%20Game.jpg

ddr.jpg

MAME is THE Arcade Emu.. you can get everything, but enough about that*Cough*

I forgot about Astrix, used to play that.

Anyone remember those Nintendo cabinets, could choose from 50some Nintendo games like MArio 2/3, it was mainly the NES things if I remember correctly, they were pretty cool.

MAME is THE Arcade Emu.. you can get everything, but enough about that*Cough*

I forgot about Astrix, used to play that.

Anyone remember those Nintendo cabinets, could choose from 50some Nintendo games like MArio 2/3, it was mainly the NES things if I remember correctly, they were pretty cool.

Yeahyeahyeah! We had one at Tides (local swimmin' hole) , and the switches for choosing different games were funny-shaped metal things that looked like they came off a trumpet! I remember you could choose between Mario, Luigi, Peach or Toad!

Alien vs Predator will always be to me an awesome arcade game, rather than the shit FPS's they seem to love making.

This was my Streets of Rage outside the house.

I can't believe I've never seen this thing.

No gameplay needs to be shown for the game I am about to talk about, I do not even need to tell you the name. But the music alone will truly show if you know this game, and even today it is AWESOME!!!!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Now we're talking. I never played Bubble Bobble at an arcade, a friend had it on the NES, so sexy you could shag it to death.

What's even better is if you both the music and video above at the same time. Alien & Predator never looked so good.

All games in the early 90s were like this. Streets of Rage 2 still did it best though, but this was pretty decent

This was also cool

And this

And why has nobody mentioned the hardest game of all time. I'd be rich now if not for this game. Still couldn't get off the second level. Thankfully, it came out for the MegaDrive and there was an infinite continues cheat.

And did anybody else have nightmares about this GAME OVER screen?

Edited by Dog-amoto

Ok there's one thing that's annoyed me for ages.

I once played an arcade game (I think it was a 2d platformer) where you could change into different characters when you went into a phonebox looking thing (no it wasn't Superman). If anybody can help me find out what it was it would be much appreciated.