Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Unlikely Dislikes

Diageo

It's not what I meant but it is what I implied. I haven't really liked most comic book movies, and even those I do like I don't hold that highly. Spiderman 2 wasn't that bad, and TDK was good (not OMGWTF super awesome though). The X-Men movies were ok but not great as well. The rest...eeehh.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think people can say they don't like comic book movies at all because they disliked some of them. But that may not have been what you meant.

It's not what I meant but it is what I implied. I haven't really liked most comic book movies, and even those I do like I don't hold that highly. Spiderman 2 wasn't that bad, and TDK was good (not OMGWTF super awesome though). The X-Men movies were ok but not great as well. The rest...eeehh.

The argument goes out the window completely because "Comic Book Movie" is the same as saying "Book Movie" in that...you can get books of all genres. Literally all. Same with comic books. A comic book is just a method or outlet of telling a story, same as TV, radio, books blah blah.

Road to Perdition (Drama)

A History of Violence (Thriller)

300 (Historical...action)

Spider-Man (Super Hero)

30 Days of Night (Horror)

The Mask (Comedy)

Etc etc etc etc.

So I....guess you mean "Super hero movie" :p

PS I come across like a bit of an ass in these few posts, but I just want to make the distinction clear. :)

I was watching The Fresh Prince this morning, and I was thinking the opposite of what you thought, Mr i of Paul. I still love it. It's a bit dated now, but it's still good viewing.

Well to be honest I was just trying to provoke with that. It's hardly shit, it just seems to be much more popular than it should be. But then, what's new? I'd probably laugh a few times if I watched it. It just seems to be mythologised now when it really shouldn't be.

Well to be honest I was just trying to provoke with that. It's hardly shit, it just seems to be much more popular than it should be. But then, what's new? I'd probably laugh a few times if I watched it. It just seems to be mythologised now when it really shouldn't be.

There's a reason why it's a popular though. It's hardly ever rib-exploding-out-of-your-arsehole funny. But, I think over the course of time you develop a knowledge and affection for the characters. The family element also helps. Some of the earlier episodes also contain some kind of message or meaning, so it becomes a bit more than just a comedy.

There's not a huge list of characters, but its great viewing. You see Will changing from this lazy kid into a responsible man. Also, over the course of time, the family seem to change from these posh snobs into something else. Will and the Banks' seem like equals at the very last episode.

I love it.

The argument goes out the window completely because "Comic Book Movie" is the same as saying "Book Movie" in that...you can get books of all genres. Literally all. Same with comic books. A comic book is just a method or outlet of telling a story, same as TV, radio, books blah blah.

Road to Perdition (Drama)

A History of Violence (Thriller)

300 (Historical...action)

Spider-Man (Super Hero)

30 Days of Night (Horror)

The Mask (Comedy)

Etc etc etc etc.

So I....guess you mean "Super hero movie" :p

PS I come across like a bit of an ass in these few posts, but I just want to make the distinction clear. :)

Don't worry, a lot of people come across as arses in the world, and you're definitely not one of them! :p

Back on the comic/graphic novel discussion.. :P

It annoys me how when TV shows and films are based on comic book series, they now claim to be based on graphic novels, as though that's more accepted (I suppose it generally is, it sounds more mature). Watchmen was a 12-issue series of comics. And I think was referred to as such before too.

What annoyed me most was in the trailer for the upcoming Walking Dead TV show, it said "Based on the graphic novel by Robert Kirkman" which is bullshit. Walking Dead is a very successful, AMAZING comic series, currently at issue 78 or something. It's not a single graphic novel. If anything, Walking Dead is an argument in itself that comics aren't all just superhero fantasy and things like that, and SHOULD be taken seriously (obviously we in the know aren't so silly as to assume that would be the case with superhero titles anyway).

That annoyed me.

ah but is A Christmas Carol any less of a novel for being serialised on release originally? Watchmen is definitely a graphic novel in my mind, as is V For Vendetta and so on. Serialisation is just the industry model.

The Walking Dead definitely isn't though, seeing as it's an ongoing with no defined conclusion in mind.

Ah I've been reminded - The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. It's just fairly shit and lost all of it's appeal in it's millionth replay.

I definitely don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was younger.. but some of it is still great :smile: I think part of my enjoyment comes from the fact that watching it takes me back to a happier time.. my childhood was great :hehe:

I've never really been a fan of the first season of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and feel that Season 3 was far and away the best of the lot, followed by Season 4..

I'm surprised this comic book/novel thing hasn't been moved on. But anyway.

I hate when people sing in public that aren't bands or famous singers, like the woman who sings around sheffield - SHUT UP!

how very dare you! She's amazing and you know it. I think it's nice that not everyone is a sociophobic wall of silence type at least. Nobody even asks for the time any more...

how very dare you! She's amazing and you know it. I think it's nice that not everyone is a sociophobic wall of silence type at least. Nobody even asks for the time any more...

Because everyone has a mobile phone.

I was walking through the Bullring in Birmingham (well, the passageway from the Bullring to the Palisades for anyone who knows) one morning and some guy (presumably still drunk) was singing some 70s disco song to himself/everyone around him and dancing a bit. It amused me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!