Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

M.I.A

Paj!

M.I.A Comin' Back With Power Power

88_neeeet-1.gif

Since her new album has been released, I've got back into M.I.A, and was wondering what everyone here thinks of her.

I know a lot of people only know Paper Planes, but I think her albums so far have all been pretty good (the newest one less so, but still a cool auditory experience, if having less to say content-wise). I just love the mix of styles she puts together.

My current favourites from her 3 albums:

$10 from Arular

Bird Flu from Kala

XXXO from /\/\/\Y/\

A car crash.

...would also be an apt description for someone like Paris Hilton or Lady Gaga: You know it's horrible, and that someone probably paid dearly but you just can't help your fascination.

Not sure how anyone can find Paris Hilton or Lady Gaga remotely fascinating.
You can't exactly group Paris Hilton and Lady Gaga in the same category!

People could be fascinated by LG due to her music, her fashion, stage productions/costume etc...

Paris Hilton has none of these, unless you're fascinated by the fascinatingly bad!

I've only listened to Kala which I found enjoyable back in 2007, when I was getting into music. :)

I'mma give her new one a listen now. :D I think she is in a few songs for Major Lazer and liked her inclusion there.

Also I'm fascinated with Paris Hilton. :p Probably the only person who genuinely likes her.