NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

New Argos Catalogue

Has everyone got theirs?

And those who have, done what we all did in our youth, which was to flip straight to the toy section at the back.

They were giving them out at the car park barriers today..must be desperate for the sales..

I actually bought something from them today, some kettle bells... its crazy that I had to go to Argos because JJB doesn't even stock them at all..

Argos is pr0.

Yup.

Typical really, you'd think working at a branch would warrant a night-before early Catalogue pickup, but noooh, they have to be all tight-fisted about it. :(

Anyways, same here, I always flip to the back. :D

I ALWAYS flip to the gaming section, then the fitness section and then the gifts section. I wanted to buy some dumbbells from there but I think I can get them cheaper on eBay...

Argos is still amazing though, lol.

Yup.

Typical really, you'd think working at a branch would warrant a night-before early Catalogue pickup, but noooh, they have to be all tight-fisted about it. :(

Anyways, same here, I always flip to the back. :D

Ah! a fellow argos sufferer! ... Ok so they kinda 'let me go' by fucking up a transfer, but hey! We were allowed to get early catalogues. They were chucking 'em at us. They said that each catalogue is worth something like £75 worth of sales to the company. Or something.

One of my favourite shifts was around xmas time, we had loads of pallets of catalogues out back but they needed sorting out - it had rained like a motherfucker, so me and a mate spent a few hours smoking, chatting, throwing catalogues around!

FASCINATING STORY

In high school me and my friend used to flip through the whole thing and pick out how we'd furnish our dream house.

That was something I had started to do in my breaks... effectively go through the whole catalogue trying to tally up precisely how much money my Perfect Life would cost...

Its the toys section. Gotta be.

Bet you picked one up/already got one?

That was something I had started to do in my breaks... effectively go through the whole catalogue trying to tally up precisely how much money my Perfect Life would cost...

How much would it cost then??

They said that each catalogue is worth something like £75 worth of sales to the company. Or something.

Incredibly it's actually double that number. Quite strange really!

I, despite being an Argosian, have to yet to pick my copy up. I've always preferred using our website!

Cheers pooki. I was thinking when I made teh post "is it 75, or 140.... stupid memory.

How much would it cost then??

I think I was on a coupla grand and at the sheds section...

Have you guys ever played that game where you and a friend go along to Argos on pay day and randomly draw numbers from a hat to generate completely random product codes, typing the numbers into the stock checker until you get a hit, having taken the buddy oath you'll both purchase whatever you both get regardless of price or desire?

Go on, try it. Live dangerously.

I'll probably have a look through the duvet covers when I pick up the catalogue just to find some inspiration as to what way I should decorate my room :eek:

Cheers pooki. I was thinking when I made teh post "is it 75, or 140.... stupid memory.

I think I was on a coupla grand and at the sheds section...

Quite a bit then, and who knows past the sheds.

Have you guys ever played that game where you and a friend go along to Argos on pay day and randomly draw numbers from a hat to generate completely random product codes, typing the numbers into the stock checker until you get a hit, having taken the buddy oath you'll both purchase whatever you both get regardless of price or desire?

I've only gone as far as typing in codes on the machines, never as far as purchasing the items.

So what you're complaining about is, they say that the catalogue will be out on the 28th, and you're bitching that you don't get it end of business on 27th?

No.

Ah! Just got our Argos catalogue today, I always get so excited for them =D

Wow, I'm surprised that actually a lot of people did that thing where you picked out what you were going to buy when you were older for your 'dream' house, I thought I was the only one :P

On more than one occasion, one of my friends and I picked out everything we wanted and I ended up finding a bunch of sheets of plain paper and drawing the entire house out and in a lot of perspectives too. Then, I neatly added up the total of everything...

Times were much more innocent I guess:laughing:

Unlike ye, I mostly skipped to the technology section and looked at all the new crazy things, well, either that or the couch section. I love reading all the different names I guess :P

I love looking at TV's as well, I even saw one that I'm considering buying.

Lies. You, just like me, flipped straight to the lingerie section, just like those days when you had that one contingency in response to your 5kbps and parental protection.

I haven't got it yet, but I do indeed flip straight to the back. Can never resist seeing what the latest Lego Technic is or whether they've brought back ZOIDS!

You haven't lived until you've masturbated over one of the rare beauties you get in the catalogue.

yep got it but didn't go straight to the toys section instead went to the digitial cameras and found one I'd quite like because mine got stolen a few weeks back.

You haven't lived until you've masturbated over one of the rare beauties you get in the catalogue.

I hope you're not one of the ones who come into the store and do that. Cleaning that sort of thing up is most certainly not one of the perks of the job!

Argos are like hospitals.

Whenever I'm in there (no doubt due to a friend) I'll just pass the time by writing messages on those paper order thingies; then then put them in the middle of the stack for someone to find a few weeks later.

I dunno what I write.

Stuff like, "Help, my husband is beating me", "Daddy touches me", and whatever.

I think I may be sick.

...and you do that at hospitals too?

That's why I'm there.