N-Europe

Experimental thread lock

Mr_Odwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gradually as time has gone on we've kind of changed our opinions to "nothing needs to change..."

UIG is popping up in different forms. Only PYP isn't being replaced as such, although we need to figure out how best to bring it back with a kind of "trivial (but not too trivial) purchases but anything interesting can be posted as new threads" vibe...but with a better name.

Ive gotta admit its kind of annoying that as this whole thing has gone on apparently you havent listened to the opinions on the normal forum users, just how you guys want the forum to be.

Most people have been happy with the changes but have missed certain threads. I know I keep seeing say funny pictures or videos I want to post but im not making a new thread for each one. I do think the Images thread needs to come back, there was nothing wrong with it before being there for general user images.

Ive spoken to a couple of people who just dont like the forum as much anymore with the way this whole thing has been done.

Ive spoken to a couple of people who just dont like the forum as much anymore with the way this whole thing has been done.

I've noticed a decline in my posting, I guess it's because I used the HWYD topic for my general day to day rambling that isn't worth its own topic.

Also the music thread has gone, I don't see the point making a topic about a new song I like because it'll get shot down or ignored. At least it would get ignored in the sea of elitism of the already made topic.

Ive gotta admit its kind of annoying that as this whole thing has gone on apparently you havent listened to the opinions on the normal forum users, just how you guys want the forum to be.

We're not not listening, we're just lazy/busy.

UIG: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27644

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28058

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27869

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27776

It kind of exists. I can kind of understand the desire for a 'general images'. Its about finding the balance really.

(personally I have no opinion either way, so don't lump me in with the rest :p)

We're not not listening, we're just lazy/busy.

When you answer questions with:

Gradually as time has gone on we've kind of changed our opinions to "nothing needs to change..."

What am I supposed to think really?

Also if this isnt anything to do with you and from what ive seen its a mod thing. Why is it happening in the first place? On every other forum you go to moderators are there to "police" the forum, not make decisions on how its run etc. Thats an admins job.

When you answer questions with:

What am I supposed to think really?

Also if this isnt anything to do with you and from what ive seen its a mod thing. Why is it happening in the first place? On every other forum you go to moderators are there to "police" the forum, not make decisions on how its run etc. Thats an admins job.

We've not been compelled to change because it seemed to be working. There had been no questioning, until tonight, about its effectiveness. If we had people saying every day "ITS JUST NOT WORKING!" then we wouldn't have been thinking "nothing needs to change".

And this forum is different from others. Its less admins = managers, mods = supervisors and more admins = owners/regional managers mods = managers in some regards (if we're going through a retail analogy). In other words, we're not like everyone else. Changes (in the vague form of the word) were discussed and we all felt like something had to happen, it was just mods who put it into place.

Anywho: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28116

Edited by Ashley

We've not been compelled to change because it seemed to be working. There had been no questioning, until tonight, about its effectiveness. If we had people saying every day "ITS JUST NOT WORKING!" then we wouldn't have been thinking "nothing needs to change".

Actually we had been mentioning that we felt threads needed to be returned but Jay started complaining that we were then the thread was unstickied.

But people were mentioning it lots and complaining about it constantly, until they were told to shut up as you supposedly knew about it already and were going to talk about it behind the curtains...

So now you're saying we should start complaining again?

But people were mentioning it lots and complaining about it constantly, until they were told to shut up as you supposedly knew about it already and were going to talk about it behind the curtains...

So now you're saying we should start complaining again?

I'll admit, I've not been following the general forum going on the last few weeks, what with taking over the site while working full time and planning my move to London. I apologise. But I can assure you, I have been the one championing actual discussion behind the scenes.

I warn you Ashley.....I may kill you one day

I always figured I'd end up murdered.

And to clarify, by "I don't care either way" I meant that I have no bias towards any which way, not indifference.

Edited by Ashley

True, they did say they couldn't be reasoned with.

Don't forget the added threat of taking the piss.

And hey hey guys, lets not say "they" as if we're one homogeneous group.

To be fair, in some respects you started it. Not you personally but you as part of the big "they" referring to themselves as part of the collective.

I also hate my bush being impeached and respond with holy hand grenades.

No wonder you're not getting results. Concrete Donkeys are the way to go. :p

To be fair, in some respects you started it. Not you personally but you as part of the big "they" referring to themselves as part of the collective.

But I was using it correctly. "We", as a group, have been discussing what to do. "We", as a group, did not post as Jayseven telling you to shut up.

Although "we", as a group, do believe you should shut up Eevilmurray :heh: