NEurope
ReZourceman

Status updates I hate

I don't really see that many horrible status updates. Probably just the caliber of person I associate with.

Or you're just a nice person.

I get annoyed by little things.

I only really get annoyed by people who message their other halves so everyone can see how much in love they are.

Unfortunately this is the vast majority of my friends, given I'm not in love I have no rose tinted glasses to whack on and go all d'aww when this happens.

OH MY GOD!

My friend constantly does that, and even if the status update is unrelated to his girlfriend he puts "Love you whoever xxxx" at the end.

OH MY GOD!

My friend constantly does that, and even if the status update is unrelated to his girlfriend he puts "Love you whoever xxxx" at the end.

I just get these:

[name] I do love you

[comments] I love you too

So because I'm friends with both the girl AND boy (or boy boy or girl girl) I see all of it. I like my boyfriend a lot, but I don't go posting on his profile 'OMFG I LIKE YOU LOTS AND LOTS EVERYONE CAN SEEE!'

No, sod off.

I hate it when Molly posts on ReZ's wall and it shows up in my feed.

I once sent her a friend request. The arrival of a wall post in my feed reminds me that the friend request lies unfulfilled, rejected.

Rejection is hard.

I've tried adding ReZ's girlfriend.

I just want to talk.

And persuade.

...and touch.

People who take a million photo's on their iphone to then upload them onto facebook...I swear, a lot of my friends are OBSESSED in doing that, even the ones that are just plain stupid.

I think the majority of you are actually guilty of accepting friends requests just to look popular.

I have a few female friends who do annoy me, however. But I keep them for the boobies.

One of them is always complaining about how depressing everything is in life, and makes sure to find at least two things a day to be miserable about. Another one is constantly going on about her diet, and how she's not losing any weight, then at least 5 days a week goes "weeee chinese takeout again tonite!!!!"

But aside from that, my news feed is usually an interesting mix of links, quotations, humorous thoughts and -- yes, farmville requests and such. I am guilty of mafia-wars-ing other people's walls, I'm sure.

I think the majority of you are actually guilty of accepting friends requests just to look popular.

I categorically deny THAT!

I actually deleted 100 friends a few months ago because they weren't people I talked to any more.

I'm constantly looking for people to delete for whatever reason.

Hey, Jay, wanna be friends?

A don't seem to have these problems with friends on Facebook - mainly it's something to do with not having douches as friends...

I tend to invite those that I do like, then find myself deleting them quite often, I find though that once I invite certain people it's quite difficult to get rid of them as people seem to take facebook deletion quite seriously.

Stupidest I seen was a friend of mine bragging about driving home drunk and four people replied to him positively...

Do not get stupid posts often, I rarely surf facebook and am too lazy too add people.

Yours are a test of self control. Each time I see one I just want to reply with something I have put into google translate. I think it would be funny, but at the same time it would also make me seem like a prat. The self control wavers.

I have done that to Danny's posts, only a few times though. I used a bit of common sense and modded a few words.

Any facebook status that says, 'blah blah blah cancer blah blah woman copy and paste this for 1 hour to show your support'.

Buuuuuuuuull Shiiiiiiiit

My friend's star sign was Cancer, so it was kind of ironic how he died...

...he was attacked by a giant crab

I used to enjoy facebook updates until I added an old friend, lets call her Stacey, and it turned into "Staceybook". I can't go on it without being flooded with her updates, literally everything she does she has to inform the world of. If she wasn't so attractive I'd rip into her for it.

The most annoying thing about fuub is when people join groups in order to give you the impression that they either have a sense of humour or to broadcast they're interests or intelligence. What gets me is that almost all of these groups have incredibly annoying spelling errors or they're just shite in general.

The most disgusting one in recent memory - 'I was going to buy you a cactus LOL jk your already a prick'

Shit on so many levels. The year below me also continually make 'LOL jk' groups about their friends as if it's the most ingenious and hilarious thing since time.

The sort of mentioned ' : ( ' status updates also kill me, especially if they just say 'dw' afterwards when someone enquires.

I don't make very many posts on facebook (my crap is relegated to twitter) because my family are all on facebook, don't want them knowing all my secrets!!

I must be one of a very, very small group of people who doesn't have a facebook page. Never seen the need for it. Followed my friends through the Myspace and then Bebo phases and thought 'Sod it. I'm not setting up another one of these'. Same with twitter.

I don't really use the social networking things I have pages for anyway but I have seen stupid status updates that have made me thing 'who the hell cares?'

They're the bane of the internet these social network sites. It gives people a grounding to post their inane crap on when really, on or in any other medium, no one would bother to write it. I'm not saying that everyone who uses them does it (hell, it's through proper status updates such as 'getting married in a couple of weeks' or things like that that have kept me in contact with friends who I've slipped out of contact with) but half of the stuff that gets posted as a status update on Facebook or even half of the stuff put up on twitter is just plain and utter crap that serves no real purpose. I will admit though, and I've already mentioned it, they do allow people to stay in touch or get back in touch with people they knew and so they're good in that sense but seriously, why do people insist on detailing every minute happening in their life for the whole internet to see in needless status updates or "tweets". ::shrug:

You're right that all of these status updates would never be written in any other medium... but then no other medium allows you to communicate with friends in the same manner.

Now, you may argue that text messaging, actually meeting up, phoning, emailing, etc. do.

But... they don't really let you do this in the same way.

I'm kind of with you though... I often think about deleting Facebook because it seems like such an odd thing to participate in.

But then so do forums.

It's only the rare interesting conversation or thought provoking status update that make me stay connected.

I hate it when people like their own statuses. Constantly.

Hahaha, that really annoys me more than 95% of statuses I've seen. I'm not just picking on ReZ, because I've seen a ton of other people do it. But, what's the point? It's like voting for yourself, seems lame to me.

Most of my Facebook people are fine, but there is this one person who stands out from the rest. Added her about two months ago: Old school friend, single Mum, two kids, no job as far as I can tell. She updates her status every two hours without fail, with stuff such as the following:

" Is up gettin ready to take kady to nursery gt a busy day 2day in fact i gt a very busy wkend! x x"

"Off to sleep nw nite all x x"

" Finds it hílarious that ur the 1 that hasnt bothered wiv ur kids for 3 wks nw nt a phne call or txt to c how they r bt yet im the bad parent! yea rite x"

" Best start shifting my arse and gettin sorted. cnt stop laughing at ieuan dancing to the music bless him and shoutin at the telly wen the songs finished! lmao x"

To make matters worse, she is also one of these people who Likes their own statuses. Every single fucking one. She also has a cult following who Like her status with her. I've kept her for the entertainment factor. She's kinda like a living Lamebook.

My old friends at my old work place were very like that, one woman who regularly had fights on facebook with her ex, they'd get back together and split up over it, there became so much drama that I deleted everyone I worked with. It drove me insane, partly one of the reasons I left the job!

My friend's star sign was Cancer, so it was kind of ironic how he died...

...he was attacked by a giant crab

If only he'd attacked the weak-point for massive damage... :(

I hate all status updates (including my own), all are irrelevant and pointless and you (and me) are all stupid for thinking people actually care. :p

*goes to boost his ego on facebook*

"Eating pork chops for dinner and nice applesauce, too"

Edited by Coolness Bears