N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

I don't know why I expected anything different.

Sigh.

I've never seen a team defend so badly.

"There was a touch of Dennis Bergkamp about this" (Commentator, regarding Lafferty's 3rd). No there wasn't. The defender royally fucked up and Lafferty got lucky.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a team defend so badly.

"There was a touch of Dennis Bergkamp about this" (Commentator, regarding Lafferty's 3rd). No there wasn't. The defender royally fucked up and Lafferty got lucky.

Aye, the names Lafferty and Bergkamp should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

2-2 away from home with Newcastle scoring a late late equaliser. Chuffed would be an understatement.

It was a pretty heated match for the most part, both teams giving away a lot of silly free kicks and gathering a few yellow cards. I think the result is just about fair, lovely to see us snatch it like that though. Chelsea's 2nd place isn't looking too secure now.

West Ham relegated.

That'll teach them for employing Avram Grant, what a joke of a manager.

I wonder what his next job will be, Chelsea Director of Football perhaps?

5 teams fighting it out to avoid the last 2 relegation spots.

Argh that was a horrible game to be at.

We were terrible first half, hardly any effort at all, Bent took his goals well, but I was sure at least one was offside from where I was (corner flag). haven't seen any replays yet.

We actually tried in the second half but too much tippy tappy as usual and the ref was a joke. Can someone tell me what our goal was disallowed for?

Chant of the day "6%, you're having a laugh" at the ticket price rise for next season.

I just saw this stat on Twitter, our form since the Carling Cup Final - terrible:

LWDLLDDWDDLWLL.

:(

Avram Grant leaves West Ham. Not surprised, and I'm a bit sad to see them go down. But, that club are a mess. They really need sorting out. Only thing that has kept them going this season has been Scott Parker.

Shocked at the Liverpool and Arsenal scores. Particularly the Arsenal one. Really wouldn't be surprised if they did finish fourth now. I want them to be above City.

Hard to describe our game without using words like useless, awful and pricks. Lap of appreciation was a farce, more annoyed about that. They couldn't give a toss.

They've struggled to care since they lost the Carling Cup final, got knocked out of Europe and the FA cup all in that same disastrous fortnight.

They've struggled to care since they lost the Carling Cup final, got knocked out of Europe and the FA cup all in that same disastrous fortnight.

That's true, but they could do with showing fans some respect. Fans who are paying through their arseholes for the highest ticket prices in the country during a recession, week in week out. Half of them barely applauded, it was rushed and half hearted.

That's true, but they could do with showing fans some respect. Fans who are paying through their arseholes for the highest ticket prices in the country during a recession, week in week out. Half of them barely applauded, it was rushed and half hearted.

And yet RVP was the only one who looked genuinely gutted at the end. He was class again, and you tell how he was hurting at the end trying to pick scraps with any Villa player for no reason other than frustration because the rest of his team were woeful. Chamakh looked lively when he came on and played well, thought Varmaelen looked good. Squillaci is an embarrassment, i've no idea why Wenger ever signed him and Arshavin was completely incompetent, doesn't look interested at all.

And yet RVP was the only one who looked genuinely gutted at the end. He was class again, and you tell how he was hurting at the end trying to pick scraps with any Villa player for no reason other than frustration because the rest of his team were woeful. Chamakh looked lively when he came on and played well, thought Varmaelen looked good. Squillaci is an embarrassment, i've no idea why Wenger ever signed him and Arshavin was completely incompetent, doesn't look interested at all.

RvP is a proper Arsenal man. It's players like him I feel sorry for, deserves to be a winner.

Chamakh looked well worth his money when he came on, did the same last week at Stoke. Makes me a bit more confident about keeping him.

Gibbs had a jekyl & hyde game, absolutely shite first half, good the second. Song was dire, really needs to stop pretending his Fabregas.

It's a shame the players didn't do that. But, I don't think this is exclusive to just your club. In general, I think its a modern top-flight footballer issue. Somewhere along the line, the morals and respect have been thrown out of the window. Not even exclusive to England.

Another thing, anything I've said about Walcott improving in this topic. Ignore it, I was wrong.

He had a poor game today.

One thing I was impressed at, was our corners managed to beat the first man pretty much every time! Not that we scored from them or anything, but the delivery from Ramsey and Walcott was better than our usual standard.

Was great to see Vermaelen back too.

Bit late to the thread, was reading through the last 2 pages...the below made me chuckle a bit...

I never said it would be easy, and Spuds don't really worry me with Defoe and Crouch up front.

given the result yesterday afternoon.

Anyway moving on.

A-) People can argue all they want that Man United were lucky, and didn't deserve to win the league. But face the facts, They lost less games than everyone else, they only dropped 2 points at home. You don't finish first in the premier league without quality, Not to mention make it to your 3rd Champions league final in 4 seasons. They were despite what people may think, the best team in England in the 2010/11 season... Clearly.

B-) I Agree with MadDog that Liverpool will again become a threat to the big 4 and major silverware, If Kenny had been in charge from day one this season, there's every chance that they could of pushed Chelsea, Arsenal and United right to the wire for the title based on the performances shown since Kenny was appointed, he seemed to get the best out of the players such as Meriles and Maxi, which Roy couldn't do.

C-) I Don't follow the SPL that closely, but do tend to keep an eye on it due to my girlfriends dad being from Scotland, and being a Rangers fan. No disrespect but how ridiculous is that League? The top 2 teams finishing almost 30 points clear of 3rd place, and then the top 2 teams most of the time beating the teams in 4th and 5th place by a stupidly comfortable scoreline. It's rare to see Man Utd or Chelsea beating Spurs or Man City 5-1 and 4-0. Is it really that comfortable every season?

D-)Championship playoff's... Potentially a Welsh team coming up to the Premier League, Makes you think, If Cardiff and Swansea weren't in English tier of football, but in the Welsh Premier League, They'd be in the Champions League every season.... all be it they'd be in the first qualifying rounds, but still... Champions League football.

Spurs were quite lucky tbh. The difference was Modric playing class. The first goal took a deflection, otherwise Reina would of saved it, and the manc ref gave that ridiculous penalty. Spurs barely deserved to win. Fair enough we didn't either, but it was just one of those days for us. We've been brilliant since January so I'm not going to overreact to one result. In the long term, I don't see Spurs as challengers.

Spurs were quite lucky tbh. The difference was Modric playing class. The first goal took a deflection, otherwise Reina would of saved it, and the manc ref gave that ridiculous penalty. Spurs barely deserved to win. Fair enough we didn't either, but it was just one of those days for us. We've been brilliant since January so I'm not going to overreact to one result. In the long term, I don't see Spurs as challengers.

We did deserve to win though I think - Liverpool barely touched the ball in the opening 15 minutes. It was a game of few clear cut chances though. The difference I think was as you said was Modric playing class (he's our player of the year no doubt, not sure why he wasn't the PFA ahead of Bale, considering he'll end up Spurs fans player of the year), and the combative Sandro getting the better of your midfield (that boy looks a real prospect).

Sunday just reaffirmed my hatred for Suarez and Maxi (mostly Suarez), the dirty cheats. It's funny you say you don't see Spurs as challengers as I feel exactly the same about Liverpool. I honestly believe we need to bring in some top quality strikers and we'll have Liverpool in most areas. Actually I would probably only take Carroll and Suarez from Liverpool; although I do believe Carroll traveled back to London in Dawson's back pocket.

And as for being "lucky", we're due some against the 'Pool. I refer you to the the Defoe goal last year.

That was Carrolls first game back from injury, and he really didn't look fit. What did Suarez do to warrant your hate?

You wouldn't take Reina or Gerrard?

Shit; Reina, would take him in a heartbeat. Gerrard, nah. We've got a half fit VDV scoring a goal per 2 games. No doubt he's class though.

Blatent cheating in the World Cup, biting, kicking out at Daws? Any of these suffice? ;)

He got red carded in the WC, he got his punishment. He made a split second decision which got his country to a semi final. I guarantee any professional player would do the same.

He tapped his foot against Dawsons leg, hardly a dickhead thing to do.