Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

How do you feel about potentially having Cahill at centre-back? Or even Leighton Baines at left back? They would be pricey moves, and I don't expect Arsenal to go for either. Or even Brede Hangelande, as I remember he was linked to you guys last season. All are quality players.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about potentially having Cahill at centre-back? Or even Leighton Baines at left back? They would be pricey moves, and I don't expect Arsenal to go for either. Or even Brede Hangelande, as I remember he was linked to you guys last season. All are quality players.

I'd have taken Cahill last summer, but he'd be like for like with Koscielny. No European pedigree and not been tested at the very top. So it would be an expensive gamble.

As for Baines, he's having a good season, but I don't think he's the right fit for us.

I see Cahill as the sort of defender Liverpool could go for in the summer and I'd be pretty happy with that.. but who knows what will happen in the summer! I'm excited to see the developments at Anfield in the coming months :hehe:

I'd have taken Cahill last summer, but he'd be like for like with Koscielny. No European pedigree and not been tested at the very top. So it would be an expensive gamble.

As for Baines, he's having a good season, but I don't think he's the right fit for us.

It would be a gamble, but unless you buy a player who has already proved themselves in Europe, it'll always be a gamble. At United, we've got Chris Smalling and Antonio Valencia, who maybe played a couple of games in Europe, but they were quite in-experienced. They've done well since they've come. Smalling in particular was a gamble, but in football you have to take gambles.

I see Cahill as the sort of defender Liverpool could go for in the summer and I'd be pretty happy with that.. but who knows what will happen in the summer! I'm excited to see the developments at Anfield in the coming months :hehe:

It would be a great move for Liverpool if they got him. Defensively is probably the area you need to look at, especially as Carragher is getting close to the end now.

Dunno if it's true or not but internet rumours saying Giggsy has a super injunction as he shagged that big brother bird. Ultimately I don't care but bit of shock that it is him I guess.

Tear the Germans apart tonight Giggsy!

Dunno if it's true or not but internet rumours saying Giggsy has a super injunction as he shagged that big brother bird. Ultimately I don't care but bit of shock that it is him I guess.

Tear the Germans apart tonight Giggsy!

Who cares if he did, what footballers do in their private lives is none of our business (within the laws of the land). It's sad how much our country cares about celebrities.

Typical, I didn't think Giggs had a good game at all, yet he pops up with the first goal. Glad to see Rooney get a second.

In games like this where there's no pressure on the midfield, you begin to see what Carrick can offer to the team. He was passing the ball everywhere tonight and looked really confident, and offered protection to the back four in those few times that Schalke go forward.

Sad to see Neuer on the losing side, but you can see why Schalke are 10th (I think) in their league. They simply didn't turn up.

I haven't watched any Schalke 04 games in the Champions League this season but having taken care of Internazionale with relative ease, I expected the match tonight to be much more of a contest than it actually was.. with the exception of the impressive Neuer, they were so poor :eek:

I'm a wee bit scunnered of all the loving Barcelona have been getting for the last few seasons so I'll be hoping Real Madrid can put them to the sword for an interesting final..

With Neuer leaving Shalke at the end of the season, I don't think Shalke will be qualifying for the Champions league for a while, he kept Shalke in the tie for so long, he seems like quite the prospect for the team willing to take him in.

BTW it looks like the relegation fight might have been narrowed down to 6. West Ham, Wolves, Wigan, Blackpool, Blackburn and Birmingham.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Just seen United's highlights. Completely one-sided. But I'd be absolutely fuming at the defender with the face mask on. That second goal came all because he bottled a header, he didn't attack the ball, and Valencia gets control and passes it to Hernadez.

I've no sympathy for him because of a face mask, you're on the pitch, it means you're committed to the game. If the injury affects the game, don't play.

Messi sensational second goal tonight, but it was a horrible game. Too much diving and general spanish fannying about.

I don't think the red card for Pepe was red. Yellow yes, but red? No. I hate Alves so much. Just something about him makes me want to punch him in the face.

Great run by Messi for both goals!

Mourinho winking and telling the linesman "Well done" sarcastically was so funny :laughing: He's such a great character, and even accepted being sent to the stands nodding and acknowledging it was probably fair.

Alves is a goblin, should be burnt on a stake.

Can I vote to put Sergio Ramos up there too?

Last night's game was incredibly dull. With hindsight I wish I'd just have watched the highlights of the game rather than sit through 90mins of players falling over whenever they got near an opposition player.

Mourinho was great to watch though, winking at the linesman, and Messi's second goal was something else.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!