N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a very important come back for United, I was hoping that Rooney was going to be taken off, again a seemingly poor performance turned into something special, hat-trick. As for the important moments...

Evra handball was a clear penalty although I think Evra is unlucky in the sense that I feel he is expecting Cole to take a low to mid drift level shot, which is why Evra jumps to try and block and why both his hands are up like that (so if Cole had taken the shot it couldn't have hit his hands), but penalty never the less.

Vidic tackle was on the line, now I'm not certain if on the line means penalty but I always thought it had to be over the line (sure I've seen free kicks in the past taken directly on the line). It was definitely a foul but should have been a free kick.

Vidic booking was dubious but I think the ref got it right. If you watch the replay from behind the goal you can see that as soon as Cole (or was it Ba?) flicked the ball up in the air Kuscjak (stupid name I don't know how to spell) was off his line and I think he would have just reached it before the attacker and I presume this is why the ref only gave a yellow.

Upson handball was very harsh, only about a foot away from the ball, hands by his sides, couldn't avoid it.

Overall United were the better team, apart from the two penalties West Ham didn't really create anything.

A whole new Manchester United came out to play in that second half. Shame really as I felt West Ham really needed to get a result like that.

Yeah, much better in the second half. More urgency. They weren't particularly bad in the first, we had a lot of the ball but the defence just made some questionable decisions in that first half.

Was never going to be easy, especially with West Ham needing the points quite badly to stay up. I thought they'd have gone on to see the game out at 2-0. 4-2 is a brilliant result.

Eddage's breakdown is about right. The penalty for Rooney's hat-trick was unfair, should have been ball to hand instead.

We were shite, if we cant beat Blackburn at home then we shouldn't be entertaining any thought of winning a title.

I'm still waiting for Ferguson's outburst about the shocking refeering performance yesterday. The pen that never was and the red card Vidic should have got, Oh Wait....

Liverpool shouldn't have sacked Hodgson clearly... :indeed:

Its been a long time coming, Jose has lost a home match.

* Portuguese suffers first loss in 151 home league games

* Real Madrid stunned 1-0 in La Liga by Sporting Gijon

By Iain Rogers

MADRID, April 2 (Reuters) - Jose Mourinho's nine-year unbeaten run in home league matches came to an end when his Real Madrid side suffered a shock 1-0 loss to Sporting Gijon in La Liga on Saturday.

The Portuguese coach last experienced a league defeat in front of his own fans when Porto lost to Beira Mar on Feb. 23, 2002 and was then unbeaten in 150 home league games with Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real.

Gijon grabbed a surprise lead in the 79th minute at the Bernabeu when Miguel Angel de las Cuevas burst into the area from the left wing and fired off a precise shot that beat Iker Casillas to his right and went in off a post.

Some desperate defending denied Real time and again in a frantic final few minutes and Sami Khedira had an effort cleared off the line by a defender in the fourth minute of added time.

The defeat also spoiled Real's perfect home record in La Liga this season. They had won all 14 of their previous matches at the Bernabeu.

We were shite, if we cant beat Blackburn at home then we shouldn't be entertaining any thought of winning a title.

I'm still waiting for Ferguson's outburst about the shocking refeering performance yesterday. The pen that never was and the red card Vidic should have got, Oh Wait....

Fairplay to Sir Alex he did come out and say that Vidic was lucky and I agree with the Upson pen, was very harsh!

I actually don't think the penalty against Upson was that harsh. As Eddage said the Evra one was a definite penalty, but Evra had his hands up to try and keep them clear of the ball at least. His hands were the same distance away as Upsons. Upson could have put his hands behind his back or something in the way Evra tried, but he left them hanging about half a foot out, they definitely weren't against his sides.

Rooney just randomly cursing at the camera was annoying...

Yay Carlisle won, were champions of something, very tiring day but was worth it!!! God I'm tired.

Cracking goal your bloke scored. Glad you had a good result.

I'm still pissed off with the weekends game, despite that I still sorted out my ticket and travel for Bolton away today. The club must love it, too many mugs like me, can't stay mad for long.

Rooney could be facing a two game ban.

We saw the best and the worst of him on Saturday. Scoring a hat-trick one moment, and then swearing at a camera the next. If he does get a ban, then this will just go even further to piss off more fans.

He's got bags of talent, but he ruins it all by doing shit like this.

I don't necessarily agree with the ban, but at the same time what was he exactly trying to prove/achieve by saying "Fucking what? What? Fuck you". Completely unprovoked and stupid. If it was simply "Fucking get in there!!", like most of us do when we get carried away celebrating, fair game. But it was just a strange outburst.

It's not that he just swore, because it's normal that there is swearing at a game, it's more that he swore directly at a camera. He should know better.

He's not the first and won't be the last. The FA are making an example of the wrong incident. They should have banned him for the elbow, now they're using this to cover up that grand cock up.

Whatever the reason, the fact is that the focus should have been on the team getting back into the game. Instead, he's taken the focus away from them and is getting himself into the public eye for the wrong reasons.

Like I said, he needs this season to finish quickly so he can regroup. Mentally, he's been all over the place so far.