Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

BarcaChalk.jpg

:bouncy:

I am aware the image means nothing, but I am in awe of it.

Pretty crappy for Arsenal and the sending off was harsh, but wathcing Barca play to watch is so awesome it makes me wonder if anyone will ever match them.

Edited by James

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To beat them you've got to show them no respect, not be in awe of their possession or individual skill and defend as a unit.

Unfortunately we showed them far too much respect and were definitely in awe for too much of the game.

Though we did better than Madrid earlier in the year, so yeah Wenger's poundland squad > Madrid's millions.

Because for a giant of a man, he is absolutely shit in the air.

So true, he just lacks any kind of strength and thinks he's immune to any kind of challenge.

Oh god, that's embarrasing, Spurs fans singing are you watching Arsenal.

:facepalm:

Well Spurs won, somehow. Milan didn't create alot but was a pretty shit match to watch based on Spurs inability to attack.

So true on the Crouch thing he looks completely bemused as to why he has given a foul away yet you can clearly see him using his arms as leverage!!

Crouch annoys the shit out of me. Why doesn't he ermm... stop commiting fouls...

I was wondering the exact same thing :nono: I remember him being the same for us and it was just so frustrating.. does he really need the extra leverage? ::shrug:

I was happy to see Spurs some through, though. I thought AC Milan were really good in the first half but much less so in the second..

Well it's fine to let Spurs celebrate this achievement, they aren't going to be in the Champions league next season bar City collapsing and this is their highlight for this season.

I know you're an Arsenal fan and it must be a bit painful to see your local rivals in the Champions League whilst you've been knocked out, but still, why shouldn't it be the highlight of their season?

They've done well to get to where they are. They're not a seasoned Champions League team. Last season, they could only dream of going to the San Siro twice and getting out of the group stages. How many predicted them to make it this far?

Whether they get knocked out or not in the next round, or whether they make it into the competition next season, they've shown that they've got what it takes to be here and play against the big teams. You have to respect them for that. Whether tonight's game was a great one or not, they're through to the next round and that's all that they'll care about right now.

As for Crouch, he's great when the ball is at his feet, but I agree, I can't remember such a tall player being so useless in the air. The guy can't jump. He shouldn't fucking need to jump!

Crouch annoys the shit out of me. Why doesn't he ermm... stop commiting fouls...

In fairness, it seemed like the Milan defenders had a plan to go down to get a free kick whenever he went anywhere near them in the air. Which worked quite well, Crouch was laughing after some of the last ones.

But yeah. Okayish match. Bale doesn't seem to be fully fit either, it seems abit to their detriment that as soon as he came on every Spurs player kept trying to give him the ball, whatever position he was in. Kind of like when you make a stunning player on FIFA and you spend all your time getting it to him, rather than actually playign properly.

Anyway, yeah, dominated in the first half, but it was pretty even in the second. Decent enough match.

I know you're an Arsenal fan and it must be a bit painful to see your local rivals in the Champions League whilst you've been knocked out, but still, why shouldn't it be the highlight of their season?
I said it is, when did I say it isn't? They've done well, I'm not disputing that. But looking at it realistically, it's going to take a monumental effort in the league to keep their place as Champions League contenders, I mean c'mon, are Spurs really going to win it realistically to keep an automatic place?

Of course it's painful for me and any Arsenal fan, but we went out against the big favourites and only just, so I take comfort in that.

Painful? Not at all, we went out to the best team in the world. We've consistantly been in the competition for years and we'll give it another go next year.

Are Spurs fans hurt we progressed further than them in both domestic cups? Of course not. Fair play they've got a round further than us, but there's a gulf in class between AC Milan and Barcelona. And to be fair Barcelona only knocked us out by one goal.

Messi off?

A bid to sign Barcelona's Lionel Messi has led to the suspension of the president of a French village side. Cédric Enjolras, the president of FC Borne, a second division team in the Haute-Loire league, made the official offer to Barcelona this week. It may have been a joke but the French Football Federation has failed to see the funny side.

Borne, who are based in a village of 400 inhabitants, were looking to add the 2009 and 2010 world player of the year to their ranks but were blocked by France's governing body. The transfer offer was intercepted by the player registration office of the FFF, which refused to submit it to the Spanish FA. Although Barcelona were not exactly likely to accept the bid, they were denied the opportunity to even read it.

But the killjoys did not stop there. Enjolras has been suspended from his position for six months.

"One cannot accept such behaviour. It is perhaps a joke but we are here to judge the facts," said Yves Begon, the head of the FFF registration office.

Enjolras, bemused by the FFF's lack of proportion, explained what had happened: "To submit bids among small clubs, you need to fill out forms on the internet. I decided to register a bid so I typed the name Lionel Messi, his date of birth and his parent club into the system. Then the league transmitted the request to the federation. They were shocked by it and refused to send it to their Spanish counterparts. I have been suspended for six months, of which three are suspended. It was just a joke, to amuse friends.

"I'm going to have spend three months in the bar."

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Bit harsh on the manager. Hilarious stuff though.

Lol at the above :P Stupid ban, really.

Yay for surprise football :P Being a neutral who mainly just watches MOTD I rarely keep up with the full TV schedule (as noted when I mistakenly thought arse-barca game was televised), I was just thinking phwaaarp... got nothing to do for two hours. OH HAI FOOTBALL!

Lol at the above :P Stupid ban, really.

Yay for surprise football :P Being a neutral who mainly just watches MOTD I rarely keep up with the full TV schedule (as noted when I mistakenly thought arse-barca game was televised), I was just thinking phwaaarp... got nothing to do for two hours. OH HAI FOOTBALL!

Theres Man City at 8 o clock I do believe as well.

Not as good as the time channel 5 squeezed in 3 matches from 4pm to 10pm mind.

Tomorrow is one of those days that I'm not looking forward to but am at the same time. First reasons being I'm working tonight, finish at 5am, got to catch the coach at 10am. So I'm pretty fucked on sleep. :(

Then the game is gonna be nervy and tense, a must win from my perspective. But a must win without further injury concern. If Almunia gets injured, then we are done.

And we're in the semis. Chung Yong Lee changed the game when he came on.

What's the point of them being at Wembley though? We went to Wembley the last time we got this far in 2000, losing to Villa on penalties. Even if you win, it'll be great, but you haven't won anything - it's just "yay, we can come back here in a few weeks"

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!