Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saddening news looks like Pompey could be close to liquidisation, loads of talk flying road Twitter atm

Linkage

A truly sad day for the club, fans and all those involved with Portsmouth FC. Puts those dark days of Rooney wanting to leave in perspective. Whilst talking about that scrote, he's probably signed the deal to ensure Man Utd get more money for him in the summer, Ronaldo did the same.

Something absolutely shit has happened here...for weeks the board have told us that we would be out of administration by end of october (next week) now apparently according the clubs official statement its because Sacha Gaydamak our previous owner wants more money up front than the club is any position to pay (we owe him money for ground and various other loans he owed us)

I'm devastated...honestly gutted. Enjoy having a football club because now I don't...

Bloody hell.

What a soap opera football is.

The sad thing is the amount of money Rooney is now on could probably save Pompey.

Always really had a soft spot for Pompey, I even did 2 weeks on the sportsdesk at The News in Portsmouth covering Pompey. To see them go out of business would be devastating.

2 years ago they were in the UEFA Cup. Now, they could disappear forever. So sad.

Bloody Gaydamak.

Bloody hell.

What a soap opera football is.

The sad thing is the amount of money Rooney is now on could probably save Pompey.

Always really had a soft spot for Pompey, I even did 2 weeks on the sportsdesk at The News in Portsmouth covering Pompey. To see them go out of business would be devastating.

2 years ago they were in the UEFA Cup. Now, they could disappear forever. So sad.

Bloody Gaydamak.

I just said the same to Mike on facebook...it just goes to show football clubs need to wary of all this money that gets thrown at them its likely in the form of loans which when an owner wants back you are fucked...all of Chelsea's money is in loans Abramovich could call them in any time ...

How can Portsmouth FC die? HOW?

Even if they die, surely they'll be resurrected in some way? SURELY?

Under a new name maybe even? A NEW NAME?

Its likely a 'phoenix club' would be made, but it just won't be the same for fans. Plus they'll have to start at the bottom of the football pyramid.

Its likely a 'phoenix club' would be made, but it just won't be the same for fans. Plus they'll have to start at the bottom of the football pyramid.

Yeah we (online supporters group) have a phoenix club already in the works. As far as I know the name AFC Portsmouth has already been registered!

Fucking hell, that's horrible. As if the Pompey fans haven't been through enough already. Maybe there's some hope left, who knows.

As for Rooney, I would love to see what happened as soon as he stepped in the room with his team-mates. Not sure how forgiving the fans will be either. He and his advisors have handled the situation poorly, in my opinion.

Just the thought of starting from Blue Square South and how long it'll take to get near the Premier league again must be extremely painful to the Pompy faithful.

Just the thought of starting from Blue Square South and how long it'll take to get near the Premier league again must be extremely painful to the Pompy faithful.

yes it is...and its even worse chances are we would have to start even lower than Blue Square South...

well another twist in the tale Football League announce Pompey's game tomorrow will be going ahead...bizarre..

Lets hope all the talk of liquidisation was scare tactics to get Gaydamak to lower his terms or what ever the stall in negotiations are.

Gareth Barry is literally terrible. refuse to believe there is not a better English Defensive midfielder.

He's just another one of those overly-expensive, overly-rated English players who's only like that because he's English. The English media hype any English player up into making people believe he's one of the best in the world. Other examples include Joe Cole and Glen Johnson.

Was chuffed with Hernandez getting both the goals the other day. I was sat there, in Ine's room watching the game, willing him to get another or potentially his hat-trick.

Berbatov and Hernandez up front is the partnership I want to see. With Nani on the right (in Valencia's absence), which leaves the spot open for somebody else on the left. Maybe Obertan...we definitely don't have a first choice option there. Maybe give Anderson a few games there instead of centre midfield. Might give him a bit more attacking freedom.

I've got the highlights taped for the City vs Arsenal game. Still need to watch that. Apparantly Gareth Barry got ripped apart for the first goal, so I want to see that.

Was chuffed with Hernandez getting both the goals the other day. I was sat there, in Ine's room watching the game, willing him to get another or potentially his hat-trick.

Berbatov and Hernandez up front is the partnership I want to see. With Nani on the right (in Valencia's absence), which leaves the spot open for somebody else on the left. Maybe Obertan...we definitely don't have a first choice option there. Maybe give Anderson a few games there instead of centre midfield. Might give him a bit more attacking freedom.

I've got the highlights taped for the City vs Arsenal game. Still need to watch that. Apparantly Gareth Barry got ripped apartfor the first goal , so I want to see that.

More like the entire game.

It was a bit of a midfield masterclass, but with the extra man and the way we like to keep the ball it was always going to be like that.

It was a cracking game to be at, when we scored it was mental. Loved it, how football should be.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!