N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a crazy night. When the team sheet was named I feared the worst, especially with that useless piece of junk Gallas playing. Our defensive troubles have hit us hard over the last few weeks, I can't wait till Dawson is fit again. Coming back to end the game 4-3 was a credit to the lads in the second half, I wish we started like that. Bale was immense once again, best left-sided player in the world atm, no question.

Routine finishes for a left-footer? Fuck off. He isn't a striker.

Routine finishes for a left-footer? Fuck off. He isn't a striker.

He's a professional footballer.. And considering he can knock volleys in like that one in Stoke, a simple ball across the keeper to the far post (what they teach you at under-11s) is pretty routine.

You'd think Spurs had dominated the game after some of the reactions I've read around the internet. Frankly they were outclassed and then Inter went to sleep.

There's a difference between teaching something, then for them to actually do it.

You're a gooners fan, so you are never going to admit that they were good goals. :heh:

In reply the first sentence I really don't know what to say, it's something kids are taught really early on. The best way to beat a keeper from that angle, low hard and across him.

And for your second sentence, you might want to re-read what I said.

Bale's first was class, the other two were routine finishes for a left footer.

He's a professional footballer.. And considering he can knock volleys in like that one in Stoke, a simple ball across the keeper to the far post (what they teach you at under-11s) is pretty routine.

You'd think Spurs had dominated the game after some of the reactions I've read around the internet. Frankly they were outclassed and then Inter went to sleep.

Ah sorry mate, my bad. It is pretty routine to pick the ball up a few yards into the opposition half, skin the Centre back and slot it perfectly into the far corner whilst sprinting. If Walcott had done the same thing, would you call it routine? I can answer that one for you: no. It's pretty routine for Messi to dink it over the keeper with unerring accuracy, that doesn't making it a routine goal.

We could have lost that game 7/8-0 easily, and yet we came back and scored 3 goals with 10 men against the Champions of Europe. I never expected to win the game by a long shot, but we were in danger of being embarrassed, and losing all confidence for the away leg. Now we go into Wednesday with at least some belief that we can get something out it, especially if we have some of our defenders back. 4-3 at the San Siro in the midst of a defensive crisis, is not a bad result by any means. And finally, it's the internet, you're bound to read the views of morons that exaggerate every minor defeat and victory - they're not the real fans. Any level headed Tottenham fan will tell you that we are just relieved not to have lost too much face last night after having conceded four, and losing our keeper in the first 30 minutes. Sorry for the long reply, but you are talking out your ass to be frank.

Edited by spirited away

Ah sorry mate, my bad. It is pretty routine to pick the ball up a few yards into the opposition half, skin the Centre back and slot it perfectly into the far corner whilst sprinting. If Walcott had done the same thing, would you call it routine? I can answer that one for you: no. It's pretty routine for Messi to dink it over the keeper with unerring accuracy, that doesn't making it a routine goal.

Bugger me senseless, I'm not talking about the run, read what I put "routine finishes for a left footer".

Bugger me senseless, I'm not talking about the run, read what I put "routine finishes for a left footer".

I don't care, they are not routine finishes. Please watch the highlights; they are quality finishes from a player in form. Hell, Keane would have struggled to put any of them in from a static position.

Fortunate, in what sense? Quite a laughable comment really. There's banter between rival fans, then there's just clear ignorance.

I removed the comment about it being fortunate, because I compared it to Inter's third, which in position of the final strike is similar. But then I couldn't remember if that was the goal with the ridiculous amount of passes before hand.

Where as Bale's third came from a bobbling fortunate run by Lennon with the ball pinging off a defender who'd clearly switched off at 90 minutes whilst comfortably 4-2 up.

You'll never see my side of it, I'm not discrediting the goals, I'm just saying its routine, what you would expect a left footed player to do. So I'll leave it at that.

I removed the comment about it being fortunate, because I compared it to Inter's third, which in position of the final strike is similar. But then I couldn't remember if that was the goal with the ridiculous amount of passes before hand.

Where as Bale's third came from a bobbling fortunate run by Lennon with the ball pinging off a defender who'd clearly switched off at 90 minutes whilst comfortably 4-2 up.

You'll never see my side of it, I'm not discrediting the goals, I'm just saying its routine, what you would expect a left footed player to do. So I'll leave it at that.

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=182853

I honestly don't think you've seen the third goal. Where does it ping off a defender when he's running, how is Lennon fortunate in the slightest?!

Holloway look possessed during some of that video. He's brilliant. I watched the whole thing in awe.

ITS WRONG.

I thought he was going to shout (louder) or scream or even just break down in tears. Now that was passion. Seeing somebody rant like that about football...it's why I love the game.

Lets see what happens next with this whole incident.

As for the game yesterday, it looked like United were grabbing a goal and then just seeing it out without doing anything incredibly fancy. Hernandez looked great when he came on, as did Obertan, and it was lovely to see Evra back to his best. Three points is just what was needed. Not the best performance, but the points are what matters.

Gareth Bale: I don't care who you are or how you score your goals, but to get three goals away from home in the Champions League is a great achievement. Also, the interesting thing is that this shows you the clear difference between Benitez's style and Mourinho's. If Mourinho were still there, then Tottenham simply wouldn't have scored any of those goals yesterday. He would have killed the game off completely, kept in control and let the clock run down. Final score would've been about 2-0 or something. With Benitez, it must have been quite nervy at the end for him. Giving away three goals at home when you are already leading is very, very clumsy. Especially to a team with 10 men.

Saddening news looks like Pompey could be close to liquidisation, loads of talk flying road Twitter atm

Linkage

A truly sad day for the club, fans and all those involved with Portsmouth FC. Puts those dark days of Rooney wanting to leave in perspective. Whilst talking about that scrote, he's probably signed the deal to ensure Man Utd get more money for him in the summer, Ronaldo did the same.