N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

Anelka and Drogba I reckon. Torres will come on in the second half.

I think any goals Torres scores this season are a bonus. I figure that at Xmas we weren't looking at being title contenders as we are now. We bought Torres and he needs time to settle, sure. If we were out of it already there wouldn't be as much press attention over it and probably less pressure on the player. This was intended to b e his settling in time, with new arrivals in the summer to shape the team around the player. What's happened is he's been thrown in at the deep end and expected to carry Chelsea forward by himself, that's a hell of a lot of pressure.

He'll come good, we know he will. But I'm not worried about his performance this season. It's next season where I think he'll come in to his own again after settling in with a team with a few fresh new faces.

I don't think so, I think Chelsea bought Torres hoping that he'd be at his very best straight away. They were expecting him to score goals from the outset. Torres has not been playing well for the best part of a year now, I know he was injured this time last year in the run up to the World Cup but even at Liverpool after the Summer he wasn't playing well.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think we'll change just for him. He's had enough settling time, and he has gotten better in the last few games. Just needs that final finishing ability he seems to have forgotten.

I hope Drogba starts. Anelka is just being a sulker again and has done nothing major recently. He'll be gone in the summer.

Ahh, one all at spurs Blackpool. As someone who supports both, disapointing result. Not enough to give Spurs any champions league football hope and not enough to really help Blackpool stay up..

In other news, I didn't realise how easy it was to find streams of matches online. Fuck you Murdoch! ect. Will probably end up watching tomorrows game despite pending essay now...

Ahh, one all at spurs Blackpool. As someone who supports both, disapointing result. Not enough to give Spurs any champions league football hope and not enough to really help Blackpool stay up..

In other news, I didn't realise how easy it was to find streams of matches online. Fuck you Murdoch! ect. Will probably end up watching tomorrows game despite pending essay now...

You got any links to share, I use http://www.epl433.com/ most of the time the streams are good, but can drop a bit.

Good result for Liverpool today, well not for them, but for City and Spurs losing and drawing respectively, i reckon a win tomorrow and spurs beating city on tuesday, winning against spurs next weekend we should be within a good chance of that 4th spot, not get to far ahead of ourselves, but it's still possible!!

^Similar for me :P I'm streaming a Fox feed... and their ads overran the first minute of the match - so I thought I was watching the proper K.O. and saw the scoreline and was all wtf!

Anyway - Man U are proving something today. They've got the guts against teams like chelsea, but that's because chelsea have the fear. Barca won't be afraid and won't buckle just because Park is on the pitch going against the united grain...

Finally got a stream going...

Excellent stuff from United so far, scoring two goals whilst Chelsea were struggling to get going is very important, as I don't feel Chelsea can be that bad for 90 minutes! Amazingly I've only heard the commentators say Lampard's name once, and that was when they mentioned a pass that was meant for Lampard but ended up going through to Drogba!

I imagine Ivanovic will be subbed at half time, he's surely one foul away from a second yellow - some could argue he could have walked already, certainly seen softer red cards this season.

Keep it up United!

FUCKING GET IN!!!!

I am so happy right now

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Question for you all, if United play a weakened side against Blackpool in preperation for Champions League final the week after (presuming they pick up a point at Ewood Park) would people frown upon that, given the ramifications to the relegation battle? Or do you feel they have the right to do it?

Personally I feel that if there's going to be a strict 25 player squad limit then any of those 25 players should be allowed to play in any game. Also if United played a similar team to the one that beat Schalke on Wednesday surely they could argue that a team that can score 4 goals in a Champions League semi is good enough to compete in the Premier League against a bottom quarter team.

Fucking brilliant. When Hernandez was running in for the first goal, I knew he was going to score. Quality goal. Thought Vidic's second was great as well. A shame we didn't get a clean sheet, but I guess Frank couldn't be anonymous for the entire 90 minutes.

Outstanding team performance. Defended well, midfield ran the game, and thought we looked really dangerous up top. That first half display is one of the best we've shown all season.

Man of the Match: A tie between Giggs and Park. Actually, all four of that midfield were outstanding.

Eurgh damn you United midfield! I wish Giggs would retire already :p Second half was better from us, but still not enough! Shows you deserve the title I guess.

As for Eddage's comment, if you field a weakened side, I would hope you were fined considering Blackpool were unfairly charged earlier on in the season even though all the players were within their 25 man squad.

Ah well, United were just by far the better team today. I can't believe we arrived a minute late too... such a poor way to start a match!

We were lucky to have not lost by more to be honest!

Eurgh damn you United midfield! I wish Giggs would retire already :p Second half was better from us, but still not enough! Shows you deserve the title I guess.

As for Eddage's comment, if you field a weakened side, I would hope you were fined considering Blackpool were unfairly charged earlier on in the season even though all the players were within their 25 man squad.

Yeah, I agree that we should receive the same punishment as Blackpool (couldn't remember if they were actually punished or not), it was more of a 'how do people feel about playing a weakened side in general' question.

We wouldn't be fined if we won the game. We did it before against Hull, on the last day of the season, and won the game 1-0.

It's a retarded rule anyway. You have 25 players, you should be allowed to use all 25 as you see fit. Should Chelsea get fined for leaving their 50 million quid striker on the bench? Should United get fined for leaving their 30 million 21 goal-this-season-scoring striker on the bench?

Of course not. It's complete cock.

You should be fined if Blackpool did, which by the way they did. Holloway threatened to resign if they got done and apparently he took his notice to the board who obviously said no!

But in all seriousness, to field a weakened side could cause trouble with all the relegation facing sides since it means they may have gain valuable points. OF course this is all speculation.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!