Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HILARIOUS!!! When was the last time you won anything?! And I'd put my one and only testicle that we win the league before you do.

i.e. Next season :P

Bales leaving, you'll be back down the league next season. If you don't get 4th, you're fucked money wise.

Plus we'll be back, so that's another team finishing above you.

Why you changing the parameters? We've won something more recently than you did. Just accept it and don't say, "Yeah, but beside that...?" And Bale leaving? Wanna bet?

And fucked money wise? What the hell are you on about? We turn a profit every year and this is the first time we've been in the champions league, so how would that fuck us up if we didn't get in again? We bought NO ONE since getting in the champions league and we still have (infuriatingly) one of the strictest wage structures in the league.

And we'll EASILY get 4th anyway, so it doesn't really matter. And when I say 4th, I mean AT LEAST 4th.

Arsenal are slipping and Tottenham are getting stronger and stronger. We have shown this season what we can do, and the whole of the world took notice. In the summer players will be eager to come and play for us (even though I'm sure you'll disagree!!), they will. Get a couple of quality strikers and we'll be more than a force next season!

*If I'm not mistaken me and Iun once discussed this at length. Either earlier in this very thread or last season.

Did we? I remember making various derogatory remarks about your sister and you cast aspersions on the size and usefulness of my manhood... I don't remember a reasoned discussion...

...mind you, I don't really remember what I had for breakfast just now, and I'm still wiping it off my face. Whatever it was.

Anyway, I think our mass-debate was on being a bad winner rather than a bad loser:

"LOLOLOLOL We absolutely CRUSHED the other team 5-0!"

"They were a group of part-time teenagers, we SHOULD have crushed them, there's no greatness in that. Look at me SLAUGHTER this ant, for example! Bwa ha haha! I'm clearly superior to this ant, but I DEFEATED him! Yes! I'm great!"

Eveyone's a bad loser. I'm reminded of Churchill's quote:

In War: Resolution

In Defeat: Defiance

In Victory: Magnanimity

In Peace: Goodwill

When was the last time you won anything that wasn't the Carling Cup?????????

I really don't want to add fuel to the fire here, but winning anything even the Carling Cup, it's still silverware that was won more recently than what Arsenal have won.

And, surely if Arsenal had beaten Birmingham and won the Carling Cup, wouldn't you of paraded that a little bit that you had won one trophy this season (although the Premier League is till very achievable)

Tell you what though, the Arsenal vs United game is going to be shit scary!

I think Arsenal still have an ok chance, if they win all their remaining games, (will be very tough, but possible) Scum only have to slip up once more.

Not according to my math, it'll depend on the Spurs game result, but say we win that, we'll be 4 points behind United. Now if we win our matches after that, Then in the next 5 matches Man United must lose twice, or lose once and 2 draws because the goal difference comes into play and Man United's is better by a good amount of goals. Have to as fans keep the faith it's still within our reach.

If Man Utd lose to Chelsea and Arsenal, you'd have to say it's Arsenal's title at that point.

Chelsea are mathmatical but it's just not going to happen without a major slip up from Arsenal and Man Utd which frankly, I can't see happening.

Thought the draw was a fair result tonight. Glad the ref stayed consistent with the penalty decisions too. Could have gone either way for both.

We really needed to win that game but never created enough drawn out chances. Giggsy and Hernandez had a couple that maybe a month ago were going in for fun. Makes the games against Arsenal and Chelski even more important now. Added to that the champs league sandwich between. Gulp.

Keep the faith.

I was thinking the same as Platty. Both were either penalties or not penalties, glad the referee saw that. Booking for a dive seemed a bit harsh, but either of those tackles/trips outside the box was an easy free-kick. Keeps the league interesting but I personally see it as Manchester's title.

Great result for the Geordies last night, but terrible for us. Every time we cock up, Man Utd then drop points and we have "what if" moment. It's now "What if we beat Spurs tonight?". If we do, we'll be 4 points behind, and it all becomes possible again. Not good for the mind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13139857.stm

Apparently Michael Owen was "bemused" by the booing.

"Bemused", Michael?

What "bemuses" me is how a player can cost 27 Million, play fuck all matches, score fuck all goals, bleed the club dry of money and then piss off on a free transfer at the end of his contract.

THAT WOULD LEAVE ME FEELING "BEMUSED", MICHAEL, NOT THE BOOING.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!