Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

Dante

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beat Episode 5 on HELL mode.... god damn my nerves are shot to hell.

For those that don't remember ep 5 is what Stage 15 in RAID is based on... the first water part with the steam pipes that you run round in a circle for.

Those Sea Creeper things kept bloody getting me and I didn't want to waste ammo on them just in case. So I kept trying to just run past them but every bloody time they caught me, never managed to dodge even one :heh:

Wasted a load of herbs :heh:

Though still managed to get through it without dying.... only 1 herb left now though :(

Then the bit at the plane crash with Grinder and Jackass and the invisible Hunters... FFS I barely had enough ammo for that and given the situation I wasn't even able to try look for extra ammo. Died once there but managed to survive (with Jam all over screen) on 2nd try, zero M.gun ammo left and 2 shotgun shells :heh:

Not looking forward to Episode 6 much.. think I'll leave that for tomorrow.... oh why can't you bring your Raid guns into Campaigne :heh:

I've been playing it while using Sennheiser HD 205's and I think it sounds absolutely amazing. I've seen debates on 4chan about which sound mode it sounds better in though, some people think stereo is better than surround sound.

I've also had 3 streetpasses these past 2 days and did a bit of local play with a friend, I'm loving the extra content.

@Mokong X\-C, how's your HELL mode playthrough going?

I started one today... oh dear. :o It's not going to go too well I think. :laughing:

Even the very first Ooze gave me trouble. :p

Hmmm.. I actually haven't played it (or RAID) since my previous post... went back to Tales of teh Abyss for a bit to try finish that up

Hmmm.. I actually haven't played it (or RAID) since my previous post... went back to Tales of teh Abyss for a bit to try finish that up
I see. Well, let me know when you get back into Raid Mode. :awesome:

BTW, (was going to post about this before, but forgot) I saw this on the official site for the game:

rerf.png

My box art is just your bog-standard 2D artwork though, and I definitely got the game early. :heh:

Did anyone get a lenticular cover?

BTW, (was going to post about this before, but forgot) I saw this on the official site for the game:

rerf.png

My box art is just your bog-standard 2D artwork though, and I definitely got the game early. :heh:

I have it, but I bought it off eBay haha. God knows where they came from, but they were selling for ?20 at one point.

This game is so unfortunate. It could have been cool, and the atmosphere is fairly reminiscent of the first RE, but it got fucked by the 3DS' GPU and god awful circle pad which makes the skillshots that actually define the Resident Evil combat, impossible. There is also nothing that looks so pathetic as the little puddle of tomato ketchup that the enemies dissolve into when you kill them.

I really liked it personally but I do agree that it's pretty terrible that enemies just melt away into some unconvincing blood, but I suspect that's a RAM limitation as it disappears very quickly when you move on.

I think they could have made the loading a bit more bearable on the elevators if they actually stopped displaying the game in all it's choppy glorry and moved to an actual loading screen. I imagine it would have made loading a lot faster too.

I think they could have made the loading a bit more bearable on the elevators if they actually stopped displaying the game in all it's choppy glorry and moved to an actual loading screen. I imagine it would have made loading a lot faster too.

Some of the ships doors made it go all choppy when it was loading n all, the doors with a big circle in the middle.

What also made me lol was when your partner ran in front of u and goes through a door first, u try and run behind them with the door wide open and it slams in ur face! Ha

What also made me lol was when your partner ran in front of u and goes through a door first, u try and run behind them with the door wide open and it slams in ur face! Ha

It's even funnier in raid mode when you're playing with friends. Too many times one of my friends has said "Cheers for that, asshole" because the door doesn't stay open.

But hey, it could have been worse..

I finally got this today... erm... I'm having severe problems with the controls. Even with CCP I can't aim properly... It just feels weird and I don't know why... I'm very used to playing 3rd person shooter games and have never had an issue, but with the 3DS analogs I'm aiming like 3 year old... what the hell am I doing wrong? oO

Haha, yeah, I remember playing online with a guy from Germany I think. I just saved his arse 2 seconds earlier and what thanks do I get; a slammed door in my face hehe. Great online game though this RE:R.

I finally got this today... erm... I'm having severe problems with the controls. Even with CCP I can't aim properly... It just feels weird and I don't know why... I'm very used to playing 3rd person shooter games and have never had an issue, but with the 3DS analogs I'm aiming like 3 year old... what the hell am I doing wrong? oO

Hmm, the only thing I can think of that might help is if you're placing almost the middle of your thumb on the slider instead of the tip if that makes any sense.

Edited by cvl
Automerged Doublepost

I had this problem when first using the CPP, then I used the calibration, played a few games of Raid Mode and have never looked back since : peace: if you haven't calibrated it yet then I'd suggest doing so in the options as it makes all the difference, if it still doesn't 'work' instantly then just spend a little more time with the game after doing this and see what happens. :)

----------------------------------

Btw did anyone enjoy reading my review of the game? I hope it was satisfactory at least, as I haven't reviewed a full retail game in a good few months.

WHen ye guys say "CCP"

Are ye refering to the Classic Controller Pro... in which case can ye tell me who ye hooked up a Wii device to yer 3DS :wink:

Or do ye mean to refer to the Circle Pad Pro?

Btw did anyone enjoy reading my review of the game? I hope it was satisfactory at least, as I haven't reviewed a full retail game in a good few months.

*raises hand*

I did :D

EDIT:

Oh @S\.C\.G that is sneaky... deleting and reposting with edit of your last post so nobody sees a "last edited by" note on your post... but I can still see the footprints of your orginal post :wink:

Edited by Mokong

WHen ye guys say "CCP"

Are ye refering to the Classic Controller Pro... in which case can ye tell me who ye hooked up a Wii device to yer 3DS :wink:

Or do ye mean to refer to the Circle Pad Pro?

Heh, I didn't even realise that I'd started doing it too, I think it's purely because the abbriviations are so darned similar. :red:

EDIT:

Oh @S\.C\.G that is sneaky... deleting and reposting with edit of your last post so nobody sees a "last edited by" note on your post... but I can still see the footprints of your orginal post :wink:

I... don't know what you're talking about. :wink:

Actually I do that quite a lot, I'd actually already deleted before I saw your post :heh: anyway I'm glad you enjoyed the REview! :D

rerf.png

I have one, I'll give you it if you want? :)@RedShell

Edited by Coolness Bears

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!