NEurope
Retro_Link

PilotWings Resort

I think it'd be in Nintendo's interests to have this as a launch title (I've not played a game in this series before). I would buy it at launch, so I've got something to play, but I'm not sure I'd buy it once Zelda and Star Fox are available.

I think it'd be in Nintendo's interests to have this as a launch title (I've not played a game in this series before). I would buy it at launch, so I've got something to play, but I'm not sure I'd buy it once Zelda and Star Fox are available.

Yep, sure this is why Pilotwings usually comes out during launch windows like with the SNES and N64.

Have always liked Pilotwings yet perhaps we've seen the Resort island already. Maybe that plane section from Wii Sports Resort has dampened my expectations for this a little. There will be other islands I'm sure.

There will be other islands I'm sure.
I'm not sure about that at all. I think this is a pretty quick and easy launch title from Nintendo.

And it does only have 'Resort' in the title afterall.

Agreed, I'd be VERY surprised if there were more than the 1 island.

I quite like the idea of it being based on Wuhu island or whatever it's called, loved the place in WSR.

They can only use Wuhu so many times. Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Pilotwings and Mario Kart is more than enough.

They can only use Wuhu so many times. Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Pilotwings and Mario Kart is more than enough.
I'm fine with it being used as a single level in Mario Kart, it'll be quite fun getting a chance to race around the place. But yeah, it's a bit much to have another full game based on it!

I'd like to point out some of Miyamoto's thoughts regarding this island.

I believe he once stated that he intents to treat it like one of his characters, i.e. making it re-appear in games time and time again.

I personally would love to see this island in all kinds of games and in all kinds of different seasons and forms.

I bet the island in Link's Awakening was secretly Wuhu Island:laughing:

Screens:

qzyWas46KQQ5RXOd96An23iIUMe4T77N.jpg

xajp55u3b87sax276N43EHCp5h8QJaoQ.jpg

dRpZ8s517n7S1uyb7Lkp94ml1HSANCm5.jpg

nnq7H9GfFNNC4UBleCAV8E1b2gMvEu28.jpg

kF7k8cH346Ayp3sB73snzj7p99PM8SqS.jpg

*Dribble* :heh:

This looks so good. :)

Does anyone else on here prefer Pilotwings on the SNES to the N64 version?
Yep.

I also love the 64 version, but its cheesy-ness detracted from the chilled out vibe of the SNES game. Mind you, the birdman stages make up for it really, they're just sublime. :love:

Anyway, I still think this game is going to be the best example of 3D as an enhancement to game-play, rather than just for effect or a gimmick.

Being able to accurately judge your height and distance from objects etc. must be awesome.

Really excited to play it.

I adored flying around the island in Wii Sports Resort, it was easily my most played minigame. If this does make it as a launch title then I will be well pleased.

*crosses fingers*

If you'd played the SNES version, you wouldn't be asking that ;)

I adored flying around the island in Wii Sports Resort, it was easily my most played minigame.

Agreed, that was my favourite part of the game as well.

Nope, haven't, and no chance of getting it now. Why I wonder what's so awesome about it.

Agreed, that was my favourite part of the game as well.

And it'll be better without motion control, I'm sure.

I have never played a Pilotwings game before either.

But this looks great! :awesome:

I'm assuming parachuting is making a return? I didn't play much of the 64 version, were there those military style rescue levels from the SNES game? Mind you I can't see those making a return here.

Retro Pilotwings background music would be nice though :) And instructors

Really hope this makes it for launch, it will be my must have game. I will probably pick up Super Monkey Ball and Street Fighter too.

Nope, haven't, and no chance of getting it now. Why I wonder what's so awesome about it.

Has your homebrewing botched your shop channel? If not, get the Snes Pilotwings boyo!

Confirmed as a launch title, GET IN! :bouncy:

US box art:

pilotresort.jpg

Hope they lose the disclaimer for the Euro version. :blank:

At least put it on the back of the box only!

Has your homebrewing botched your shop channel? If not, get the Snes Pilotwings boyo!

I think I best get some downloading then! And mass video watching!

But people seem so hyped for this, what would you say the appeal/catch for it is?

Confirmed as a launch title, GET IN! :bouncy:

US box art:

pilotresort.jpg

Hope they lose the disclaimer for the Euro version. :blank:

At least put it on the back of the box only!

I seriously hope those three vehicles do not form the extents of the game! There's nothing on the box to suggest there's anything else!!!

Guess I'll have to wait for reviews before definately getting it, because if that's it, it's a really lame effort!!

I seriously hope those three vehicles do not form the extents of the game! There's nothing on the box to suggest there's anything else!!!

Guess I'll have to wait for reviews before definately getting it, because if that's it, it's a really lame effort!!

Totally agree. I'm getting very worried this will be so hopelessly lacking in depth. Just those 3 would be very poor. At LEAST give us the parachute and some bonus stages.