N-Europe

Kid Icarus Uprising

Retro_Link

The cards are now up on the Nintendo website. I'm currently spending my 7000 points on many a packet. I think i'm on about 20 now. :D

*continues to order cards*

EDIT: I've ordered 34 packs ( you get 2 packs per order ) and left myself with 3000 odd stars. :)

EDIT2: It's here!! The box is in perfect condition aswell. I was hoping the postie would say

" Sorry to keep you waiting! " but it never happened. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave some for the rest of us :P

I was saving for the Mario Status/Game & Watch as well.

Edit: Got an error when trying to buy some, you really did buy them all.

Edited by Ike

My package has also arrived in great condition, can't wait to play, also I noticed that the game has the same jingle as the 3D Classics Kid Icarus when you go over the icon.

today I just plan on getting to grips with the controls, im feeling positive thanks to "or else you will die"

About the AR cards, apart from having AR battles what else could you do? I ordered 2 packs btw. @Hero\-of\-Time this means you got 34 emails from Club Nintendo lol, do you think they will come in one package?

About the AR cards, apart from having AR battles what else could you do? I ordered 2 packs btw. @Hero\-of\-Time this means you got 34 emails from Club Nintendo lol, do you think they will come in one package?

Not much else as far as I know. At the end of the day i've had Nintendo points just sitting there for ages now, so I may aswell buy lots of cards. Plus i'm a sucker for collectables. :D I assume everyone gets the same cards in the bonus pack with the game?

I never thought about the email thing.

* goes and checks email *

Yup, 17 emails were there. :laughing:

I've had a quick blast and finished the first level. The flying section was amazing, controls worked perfectly and then the on foot section appeared. Lets just say, it's gonna take some getting used to. :hmm:

I had a quick look at what else I could do after the level had finished. It's nice to see there are lots of collectables to nab. I used 20 of my play coins just grabbing Idols. :)

Spent an hour with the game so far and it's a lot of fun. The controls work perfectly fine during Air Battles, and have me hoping that Nintendo will release a new 3DS StarFox game using this engine and control method. The camera controls have taken some time to get used to during Land Battles but I've think I've 'got it' now. Haven't experienced any discomfort in my hand either, but I have played quite a few FPS' on DSlite, so I'm kinda used to this way of play. The music is epic, and voice acting quite entertaining too. Looking forward to spending some more time with Pit later!

I assume everyone gets the same cards in the bonus pack with the game?
I got:

001 - Pit

007 - Magnus

008 - Dark Lord Gaol

010 - Three-Headed Hewdraw

016 - Dark Pit

080 - First Blade

188 - Monoeye

How about everyone else?

Anyway, watched the tutorial vids and did the first stage. Loving the dialogue between Pit and Palutena...

"Super Bash Sisters"

:laughing:

Can't wait to really get into this game, seems like there's a lot of content! :hehe:

*EDIT*

Loving the Stand too. :D

Definitely going to make playing this game much more comfortable.

Just bought 8 packets. I wonder how many there are to collect?
I believe there are just under 400. So yeah... quite a few. :heh:

Also, discovering that they're made by Panini gave me a major flashback to my days of collecting football stickers/cards. :love:

I am really suprised at all of your enthusiasm for the AR cards - i thought they were a bit a tacked on extra! I'm not fussed about them at all to be honest. Am i missing something =/ Are you actually going to meet up with people to AR fight your cards? It's like some modern twist on playground pogs. I dont get it.

Hope this is waiting for me when i get home though :yay:

Just finished the first boss, the controls are just fine for me (even though I'm left handed) I don't play with CPP. The amount of content in this game is superb, now I've finally got something to spend my play coins on! the menus look really nice, and I like how you can move the menu items around too, every now and then I go to the music gallery and play some of those nice tunes in the background :)

@RedShell I pretty much got the same cards as you except for:

• 002- Palutena
  • 220- Stackjaw

EDIT: How do you have 7 cards?

I'm can't wait to have some epic matches online with you guys :awesome:

EDIT 2: The stand is pretty nice too, atm I play with the stand as the last time I used this control method was with MPH.

Edited by -Dem0-

I believe there are just under 400. So yeah... quite a few. :heh:

Also, discovering that they're made by Panini gave me a major flashback to my days of collecting football stickers/cards. :love:

400? How the fuck are we supposed to collect them all? Unless I'm missing some news about retailers selling booster packs or something.

Has the game got a update for your Nintendo 3DS?

No it doesn't, why, did you read about this somewhere?

I ordered myself six packs of cards too, seeing as how I didn't get any with my copy of the game. So, who's up for some multiplayer this evening?

Most likely I will, at some point this evening :)

EDIT: How do you have 7 cards?.
Oh yeah! There's only supposed to be 6 per pack.

That was lucky. :grin:

I scanned my AR cards earlier to get the idols/hearts. Made a couple of them battle too, it's so cool when you rotate the cards to face each other and then they start fighting. :awesome:

I can see this being really popular with kids, not quite Pokémon popular, but it's definitely got that kind of vibe to it.

400? How the fuck are we supposed to collect them all? Unless I'm missing some news about retailers selling booster packs or something.
I'd be very surprised if they didn't start selling the cards.

So, who's up for some multiplayer this evening?
Definitely! :)

MK league tonight though, will be playing that for around an hour at 8. :hmm: Anyway, will keep an eye on here, see what's going on.

: peace:

Okay, so there cards aren't there. Guess they've sold out.

A big thank you to all you selfless people who reemed them!

They will most likely be putting more on site...

For what it's worth I ordered 4 of the X2 packs so 8 in total, I didn't order 34 packs like H-o-T :laughing: then again, you can't really blame people for ordering loads as for the most part we rarely get anything decent on the EU stars catalogue so it's inevitable that people will want to spend their hard-earned stars on them.

Let's not forget that the points do actually expire after a while so... ::shrug:

---------------------------------

Back to the actual game, it's pretty much everything I'd hoped it would be and so much more, a really excellent revival of a true Nintendo classic. :D

Okay, so there cards aren't there. Guess they've sold out.

A big thank you to all you selfless people who reemed them!

It's all fair game when it comes to the Club Nintendo store. Especially considering there's supposedly 400 cards to collect.

EDIT: I can see them on there, go look now.

The controls are very nice and fluid during flight. However the ground controls are a lot more difficult, although I've already improved quite a bit since I first started playing, it might take a while to get used to it. The last time I was on the ground it felt ok, also having a few games with some bots on difficulty 5 has helped (they're quite tough ATM :p)

EDIT: Also I'll be playing some online matches between 7 & 8pm. I might also play a bit more after the MK League GP's.

Edited by -Dem0-