NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Despite what people think about the company itself, Activision aren't dumb. They know if they push it, that the brand will sell. They're right, too.

Oh no! N-Europe is under attack! :laughing:

There's an interesting interview about the game's sound design. It literally doesn't sound like this is some low-budget production.

Excellent vid. icon14.gif

I recently disconnected my surround sound setup (while "spring" cleaning, :heh: still haven't put it back together :woops:) but I'll definitely be sure to get it sorted again in time for this game.

Awesome character images:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=140818

Fun with Proximity Mines:

http://proxymines.com/

I have preordered this now. I have had my doubts but as previews continue to praise the game I have given in and preordered it. Looking forward to having some friends over for some 4-player action packed shooting!

Just saw the advert for this on sky sports.

Graphics look pretty bad from the advert!!

Edited by khilafah

Seeing this game is pretty much built on nostalgia, I'd love to hear rules everyone else used to play by.

I personally only got the game in about 1999. We used to have a couple of rules; no shooting someone without a gun, no Oddjob and no weapons that would bring the game's FPS down to an ungodly amount (ie: rockets).

Seeing this game is pretty much built on nostalgia, I'd love to hear rules everyone else used to play by.

I personally only got the game in about 1999. We used to have a couple of rules; no shooting someone without a gun, no Oddjob and no weapons that would bring the game's FPS down to an ungodly amount (ie: rockets).

While we never did the character rule as we never really abused oddjob, we did do the 'don't shoot if your opponent is weaponless.' Made it more fair and fun :)

We usually used the weapon setup with the RCP90s. Best gun in the game in my opinion.

Have wonderful (terrible) memories of playing the original with a friend with me as Jaws and him as Oddjob with slapsies only. I never did win much...

I'm hoping the crouch animation is just as hilariously terrible. Nothing like moving out from behind a corner in crouch-mode, looking like you're proposing while on wheels, screaming NAA NAA, NAA NAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Edited by D_prOdigy

I never owned the original, but I had borrowed it for quite some time and played the multiplayer a lot with a couple of friends. We didn't have any special rules and cycled through the weapon sets as far as I remember.

One of our absolute favorites was the facility (?) map (the one with the toilets). On this one we would often chose proximity mines and whoever was near the toilets and had the mines would just wrench open every toilet in turn, throw a mine into it and leave. If I remember correctly there was even a spawn point in the toilets? Well, whoever came near them, would perish in a huge explosion (that could be seen through the walls). ^^

We played on a tiny old camping television with a diagonal of ~40cm.

Our multiplayer setup back in the day:

4 player: 2 teams of 2

My team: I always played as 006 and the friend I usually had on my team always played as 007 (nice little team!)

Favourite Level: Bunker would see by far the most action (though we obviously played through the others at times)

Weapon Set: Grenade Launchers or Proximity Mines

GREAT fun was had by all! :D

I'm hoping the crouch animation is just as hilariously terrible. Nothing like moving out from behind a corner in crouch-mode, looking like you're proposing while on wheels, screaming NAA NAA, NAA NAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Or the same slappers animation, where people slapped without even moving their arms.

If they don't at least make it an option to have those in the game then it will officially suck.

Edit: They also need paintball mode, "monkey mode" and all the other awesome cheats. I want to be able to shoot tank shells from my chest.

If they don't at least make it an option to have those in the game then it will officially suck.

Edit: They also need paintball mode, "monkey mode" and all the other awesome cheats. I want to be able to shoot tank shells from my chest.

I'm pretty sure I saw a video a few weeks ago that included paintball mode :hehe:

Paintball mode is definately in there as a multiplayer setup. I hope all the cheats can be applied to the main game aswell!

Loved the original, but my boyfriend hates games, so only ever played the dingle player.

Looking forward to trying the multiplayer on this though.

Loved the original, but my boyfriend hates games, so only ever played the dingle player.

Looking forward to trying the multiplayer on this though.

Nothing worse than a dingle player! Check out the online forums, as we have a lively group of online multiplayer groups over there - I'm sure Goldeneye will have its own group soon.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14462

Check out our extensive N-E feature into the history of Goldeneye. I look forward to reading your comments and stories from one of the best N64 games.

Peace out.

Great article. My Goldeneye story is that I imported it from America initially, but it didn't run properly on my TV, although it ran well enough for me to realise it was something special. I got it the day it came out over here and never looked back, it's probably the game I have spent the most time on in single player ever.

I was the multiplayer champ at my school and we used to bring our N64s and play them in free periods. I was always Siberian Special forces, the only character to wear a full face mask.

Other kids used to give me their carts and I would give them back after a weekend with everything unlocked. I loved that game sooo much. This generation has had some great FPS games and MWR and WAW kicked arse online, but nothing has ever come close to the single player campaign that Goldeneye offered.

Customising everything and going around the level YOUR way was unbeatable. I used to test myself by having all the guards carrying rocket launchers and having increased damaged! I played for hours on the Dam and Facility alone, just attempting things different ways and trying to get through the level using strange weapon combinations.

Although I'm looking forward to Goldeneye Wii, I know nothing will come close to the original.

So, it seems there was a review embargo (surprise!) until tomorrow. IGN are publishing their review at 9am local, November 2.