NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Natalya was a babe.
Utter lies. Nothing can beat the hotness that is Famke Jensen.
Put your hands together!

They're both hot, but yes Famke has this one!

They are both hot, but Natalaya starts off a little boring and gets better through the film, plus you have the bonus with her of sex without dying... always nice.

Utter lies. Nothing can beat the hotness that is Famke Jensen. NOTHING! Even her name is hot, if a little difficult to pronounce.

Off topic:

Monica Bellucci!

monicabellucci.jpg

On topic:

Wonder how the girls will look in this game.

Sheet, Monica Belucci.

I do like The Famke, but Natalya was a babe in Goldeneye. Plus, the accent...dear god. Get the tissues, please.

I'm starting to warm up to this game, ever so slightly. It looks quite fun. I still don't know if I can forgive certain elements though, such as the replacing of Brosnan, etc.

Sheet, Monica Belucci.

I do like The Famke, but Natalya was a babe in Goldeneye. Plus, the accent...dear god. Get the tissues, please.

I'm starting to warm up to this game, ever so slightly. It looks quite fun. I still don't know if I can forgive certain elements though, such as the replacing of Brosnan, etc.

C'mon! Sauna sex/fight with guns! What could be hotter?

From IGN:

One of the tidbits I learned about GoldenEye 007 during this demo: there will be a variety of difficulty levels to choose from. The hardest: 007 Classic, a throwback to the classic GoldenEye design where you have your on-screen health and armor as half-circles on either side of your targeting reticule, and the only way to repair a hurt Bond is to find armor pick-ups along the way. Now that's the real retro experience right there.

Nice to have this back instead of the regenerating health which is in every game today! Edited by Retro_Link

From IGN:

Nice to have this back instead of the regenerating health which is every game today!

I was talking to ViPeR/Joe about this yesterday. We both hate that regeneration idea.

Quick! Hide behind a rock until you regain all your health...

From IGN:

Nice to have this back instead of the regenerating health which is in every game today!

Sounds like a great addition. To be fair I'm looking forward to the single player on this more than the multi-player. One of the many things that made Goldeneye such a classic on the N64 was the customisation when you had beat the game, I hope this has many of those options.

Sounds like a great addition. To be fair I'm looking forward to the single player on this more than the multi-player. One of the many things that made Goldeneye such a classic on the N64 was the customisation when you had beat the game, I hope this has many of those options.
Agree on all aspects.

Nintendo Power details

- tone of the original game changed due to Craig's more gritty portrayal of Bond

- Bond arrives in Severnaya before the GoldenEye satellite is activated

- frigate level takes place in Dubai instead of Monaco

- new level in Zukovsky's nightclub

- Zukovsky is now a hard-edged mobster

- use the 'subdue' command to take out enemies quietly

- this could include choking someone out, taking them out with a back blow, or smashing someone's head into a rock

- using silenced weapons works for stealth, but you have to make sure no one sees you shoot

- alerted enemies can call for reinforcements

- backup example - backup enemies arrive in a helicopter and enemies rappel out

- backup example - backup enemies arrive via snowmobile

- destructible cover

- multiple routes in levels

- stages divided into sub-areas

- blowing your cover in one area won't screw you over in teh next

np260goldeneye.jpg

Is it true they pulled this from eurogamer expo on sunday because it was so bad?

Is it true they pulled this from eurogamer expo on sunday because it was so bad?

Where did you hear that? It's entirely possible I suppose, although most people who have demo'd it haven't said it was that bad... What website was that from?

I cannot find any reference to it being pulled - let alone being pulled becuse of its quality.

"Where's Goldeneye on Wii?"

"I haven't seen Goldeneye on Wii, I wonder if it was supposed to be here?"

"I'm surprised Goldeneye isn't here, I'm sure it's going to get a big marketing push"

"Goldeneye on Wii looks shit compared to a 360 game"

"I bet they pulled it, because it's so crap"

"Wii graphics, lol"

"Did you hear about Goldeneye on Wii, it was supposed to be here, but it was so crap they decided not to bring it and pulled out at the last minute"

Xbox fanboys. They start rumours.

Choze is a known PS3 fanboy, along with the other usual suspects he rears his head every now again to inform us all of how crap the Wii is/how magnificent the PS3 is! Thanks Choze, now run along back to the other console board!

Urgh, don't know I bother in this board.
Would have made sense for Choze to link/state where he heard this news in his post. And people have asked him and he hasn't answered them, or seemingly stuck around to hear an answer to his question. So you can see why people are making the assumption!

New maps trailer:

:blank:

Um...

Where the fuck is Bunker?

Edited by Retro_Link

I cannot find any reference to it being pulled - let alone being pulled becuse of its quality.

It was definitely pulled from Eurogamer, although I couldn't find a reason why whilst I was there.

Doubtful, it was solid enough when I played it in July. Perhaps they ran out of space or had technical issues, consoles were malfunctioning left right and centre in Leeds last year.