NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Urg, the online is awful. I'm not an online type of player anyway so I havent got all that much to compare it to bar the last couple of F1 games and mario kart.....but sheesh it is laggy and it always drops me out of games. Just cannot enjoy it!

Ive played this whole game through on 007 difficulty using the classic controller, and im stuck on the 2nd to last mission in Nigeria, have been since last Christmas actually.

Decided to ditch the classic controller and whip out the Motion controls with the settings @welsh_gamer posted ages ago. see if that makes any difference.

Ill let you know how it goes....

You can't beat the Wiimote for FPS console gaming.

The settings Welsh posted are decent enough although I fine-tune mine a little further.

You can't beat the Wiimote for FPS console gaming.

The settings Welsh posted are decent enough although I fine-tune mine a little further.

I've always hoped the Wii would be the ultimate shooter console. However, the Wiimote is ergonomically wrong (shaped like a pistol... with no pistol grip), so is the Zapper (no stock and the trigger is on the foregrip? REALLY frustrating after eleven months of learning how to handle an assault rifle).

I play with the GC controller whenever I can. Activision should be castrated for not having this game support the Top Shot!

I've always hoped the Wii would be the ultimate shooter console. However, the Wiimote is ergonomically wrong (shaped like a pistol... with no pistol grip), so is the Zapper (no stock and the trigger is on the foregrip? REALLY frustrating after eleven months of learning how to handle an assault rifle).

I play with the GC controller whenever I can. Activision should be castrated for not having this game support the Top Shot!

If you're trying to hold the Wiimote as if you would a gun in a light-gun game then you doing it wrong.

Just hold it in you lap, and make tiny adjustments with your wrist to move the pointer. Don't treat it like a light-gun.

Playing an FPS on the Wii with the GC controller is the same as playing football with your arse.

You're doing it wrong.

Playing an FPS on the Wii with the GC controller is the same as playing football with your arse.

You're doing it wrong.

Well, using the Wiimote is like playing Football with a ball that's got spikes on it. Using the zapper is like playing with a ball that flies in a random direction when you kick it.

The only way to play Goldeneye properly would be to use the Top Shot... but that's not possible.

I've had military training and I want to hold my "gun" with a vertical grip, to which the trigger is attached. I find it infuriatingly uncomfortable to hold my Wiimote like a flashlight and using the Zapper feels, like Jeremy Clarkson would say: meaningless. The thing is really light, it's got no stock, your hands are really close together and the trigger is at the front. Trying to readjust myself to this from a gun, is like for you to go from a modern car to a T-Ford.

I've played first person shooters with a controller since Goldeneye and I'm much more comfortable doing that, than using ergonomically incorrect attempts at simulating aiming.

So I'm sorry, but I'm doing it wrong because Nintendo were cheap basterds and made their stuff even more wrong. Why couldn't Nintendo put a hinge on the camera at the front, so you could hold the Wiimote vertically when playing first person shooters? Why couldn't Nintendo make the Zapper something more than a piece of plastic? They should've given the Zapper a stock, a built in analogue stick and buttons in places that would make sense.

Edited by darkjak

Well, using the Wiimote is like playing Football with a ball that's got spikes on it. Using the zapper is like playing with a ball that flies in a random direction when you kick it.

The only way to play Goldeneye properly would be to use the Top Shot... but that's not possible.

I've had military training and I want to hold my "gun" with a vertical grip, to which the trigger is attached. I find it infuriatingly uncomfortable to hold my Wiimote like a flashlight and using the Zapper feels, like Jeremy Clarkson would say: meaningless. The thing is really light, it's got no stock, your hands are really close together and the trigger is at the front. Trying to readjust myself to this from a gun, is like for you to go from a modern car to a T-Ford.

I've played first person shooters with a controller since Goldeneye and I'm much more comfortable doing that, than using ergonomically incorrect attempts at simulating aiming.

This is where you're going wrong, don't try to aim as you would an actual gun. Use the pointer as simply a pointer. Don't try and pretend it's something it's not, embrace it as simply a pointer and it's unrivalled.

This is where you're going wrong, don't try to aim as you would an actual gun. Use the pointer as simply a pointer. Don't try and pretend it's something it's not, embrace it as simply a pointer and it's unrivalled.

Agreed, trying to use it like a gun is very inaccurate, as you say there's no weight to it so it's like shakin stevens having a sugar rush trying to aim. Get the pointer in your lap and just use small wrist movements, easy, all it needs is a little stability.

Wouldnt have liked it if Nintendo gave it a stock and some weight, they would have had to give it some kickback too, people would have been screwed playing on a rocking chair!