N-Europe

E3 wii speculation thread 2010 edition

darkjak

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Nintendo booth.

According to French site GameBlog.fr, Nintendo’s next console will be dubbed “Wii Hi-Fi” (not Wii HD) and is set for a reveal during the company’s E3 conference next week.

We don’t normally cover Nintendo consoles here on TSA, but claims from the French site that the new machine will reach Xbox 360 levels of visuals make a very clear ping on our radars.

Here’s what GameBlog.fr are citing (albeit translated into English) as the main differences between the Wii and whatever the follow-up will be:

It should be on par with the 360

It should not be called Wii 2 but Wii HiFi

It will be very online-oriented this time

Community aspects will be a big component

It should be out around November 2011

Naturally, this is all hearsay and rumours just now, we’ve certainly not heard anything on this ourselves but if it’s true it’s basically what we’d expect Nintendo to do next, anyway.

Hopes are high for the big reveal of a new Zelda title from the Japanese company next week.

Via http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/11/rumour-new-wii-to-go-hi-fi/

Edited by canand
Automerged Doublepost

There won't be a Wii successor announced at E3. Wii HiFi is a horrible name.

The problem for Nintendo now is that they need to use the Wii name for their next console. Its now up there with Playstation in terms of brand recognition.

Apart from Wii HD or Wii 2, there arent many other names they could use.

Super Wii :p

I'm not so sure they can't use a new name. They've done it the whole time (the SNES being the only cheating one) and I'd say most people know its the "Nintendo Wii".

But yeah, there won't be a new Wii at E3.

Certainly an interesting rumour. Would turn a lot of heads if it turned out to be true but I just don't quite see it. I reckon they'll probably be working on something a bit more action oriented than a Donkey Kong title (unless they've really changed up the way Donkey Kong is going to play).

We'll find out soon enough what it is, presuming Nintendo are going to announce/show it at E3.

I reckon they'll probably be working on something a bit more action oriented than a Donkey Kong title

Yeah, based on what Miyamoto said before about Retro having some game with cars with guns on them, Retro sound more suited to making a new Vigilante 8 game.

Nov 2011 would be too late (though better late than never). Wii HD (HiFi doesn't even make any sense) is needed as I've claimed many may times before. Can't see it, but I think they should.

Retro Donkey Kong? Hmm. I don't know, I'd like them to work on something new to be honest, but could still be exciting; especially if they do a serious adaptation.

Yeah but if they dont then sony will win the console war.

For a 23 year old, you really do talk a load of crap and it is beginning to irritate. No one cares about the console war.

Nintendo don't need a Wii HD. Fact. Console sales, while having dropped worldwide, are still high enough that the Wii is still outselling both the PS3 and 360, which the exception being in the Japanese market where both the PS3 and Wii have been neck and neck for sometime now as a result of more sought after and Japanese centric software launching on the PS3.

It is more likely now, given the time lapsed in the current console cycle and the Wii's hardware limitations, that a HD Wii is not on the cards. Rather, it is more likely that Nintendo will choose to focus efforts on the development of their next home console, which will have HD and will presumably be unveiled in some form at next year's E3 event. Adding HD to the current console specification of the Wii will do nothing to improve the console or the games. Visuals will look slightly crisper but textures and blemishes that are easily overlooked under SD output will become heavily apparent in HD, this extending to all games. There's no point in Nintendo making something which will ultimately make their games look worse than they do being played on the Wii.

I really wish this Wii HD rumour would be put to bed. Hopefully, Nintendo will do just that at E3 so I don't have to put up with this constant moaning for it to happen when if people really think about it, it makes no sense to do whatsoever.

For a 23 year old, you really do talk a load of crap and it is beginning to irritate. No one cares about the console war.

Nintendo don't need a Wii HD. Fact. Console sales, while having dropped worldwide, are still high enough that the Wii is still outselling both the PS3 and 360, which the exception being in the Japanese market where both the PS3 and Wii have been neck and neck for sometime now as a result of more sought after and Japanese centric software launching on the PS3.

It is more likely now, given the time lapsed in the current console cycle and the Wii's hardware limitations, that a HD Wii is not on the cards. Rather, it is more likely that Nintendo will choose to focus efforts on the development of their next home console, which will have HD and will presumably be unveiled in some form at next year's E3 event. Adding HD to the current console specification of the Wii will do nothing to improve the console or the games. Visuals will look slightly crisper but textures and blemishes that are easily overlooked under SD output will become heavily apparent in HD, this extending to all games. There's no point in Nintendo making something which will ultimately make their games look worse than they do being played on the Wii.

I really wish this Wii HD rumour would be put to bed. Hopefully, Nintendo will do just that at E3 so I don't have to put up with this constant moaning for it to happen when if people really think about it, it makes no sense to do whatsoever.

I am sorrey and I dont want to get in to a fight I be good I am a big Nintendo fan and I like new Hardware I say it well be next years E3 aswell.

canand is just excited about e3, leave him alone.

Fused King's Log

2010 - 13th of June

I lol'd.

----

I must agree though, I don't understand this 'canand' fellow. At first I thought he's just your regular spammer and random jizz-poster, but then I saw his special text under his nickname thus figuring him having some importance to the site.....

He's special: peace:

----

The Wii's successor will be mentioned.

Edited by Fused King

Nintendo relley needs to bring out Wii HD soon.

No, it doesnt. Next year at E3 you will hear about the Wii's successor.

Yeah but if they dont then sony will win the console war.

How? Sony is in a battle with Microsoft for the No.2 spot this gen.

canand, just be happy you are going to get the 3DS shown at E3 and a few new Wii titles announced.

It must be said, you are one hell of a fanboy.

Edited by lostmario