NEurope
Dante

LittleBigPlanet 2

Happy early Xmas to me!! I just got e-mailed a beta code for LBP2.

How utterly random. I don't remember signing up for anything.

Just played this level

Was amazing. The current content on there is just phenomenal. Whereas LBP fell a bit flat after a while I can see this really taking off. I don't understand how half the stuff that is being done.

Nothing I've seen so far has made me think it's fun to play. There's going to be more 'ooh wow' moments, and more variety, but none of the minigames or levels exhibit much meaningful quality.

Still waiting for something to show me otherwise.

There's an absolutely stunning story level about how sackbots are made to alleviate the creator's loneliness. It's set in a factory and the cinematics and the details are endlessly charming as you see the little sackbots get put together and travel on a conveyor belt. Gave me that feeling I wanted from the first one but never got.

I'll try and find a video of it when I get home.

Does that Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves support online? Downloaded it seem as was free even though I don't own a move thought might as well...but I doubt will play it if it only supports local multiplayer

It's online from what I can tell. Want a game sometime?

you got a move because I havn't! YEah though I do fancy a game, when you free?

I got Move. Wanna play in 25 minutes? 11:30?

sorry missied you replied to your PM just tell me a time.

Holy crap. Someone is making Pokemon Yellow in this. Just played their test stage. Had the opening town and Route 1. Here are some snaps I took.

5250462478_be8ff69523_o.jpg

5250462508_5ebde3c2cc_o.jpg

This game is amazing.

I saw that earlier but didn't bother watching the video because I assumed it'd be a bit turd. That was amazing. I'll give it a go tonight.

Have to say i am looking forward to this game but wtf with the US and EU collectors editions?

The US collectors edition contains:

* A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.

* Your own little “Sackboy†– 7†of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.

* Exclusive LBP2 “game ends†– keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured†within these unique bookends

* One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:

o Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens†Sackboy Costume

o Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu†Sackboy Costume

o The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo†Sackboy Costume

o PlayStation’s “Ratchet†Sackboy Costume

o PlayStation’s “Clank†Sackboy Costume

o Even More Animals’ “Crocodile†Sackboy Costume

o Even More Animals’ “Vulture†Sackboy Costume

o Even More Animals’ “Cobra†Sackboy Costume

o Even More Animals’ “Mandrill†Sackboy Costume

* And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:

o PlayStation’s “Jak†Sackboy Costume

o PlayStation’s “Daxter†Sackboy Costume

o 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

I would post a link - but need to have 15 posts...

The UK version on the other hand gets a steel tin case and this...

* Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3′s “Alien†Costume

* Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu†Costume

* The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo†Costume

* Even More Animals’ “Crocodile†Costume

* Even More Animals’ “Vulture†Costume

* Even More Animals’ “Cobra†Costume

* Even More Animals’ “Mandrill†Costume

Wow. So America get a sackboy plush toy, a really detailed pair of book / game ends that look amazing, and a shed load of costumes. We get a tin case. :mad:

And i read that this is a UK gaming company that make LBP?!

What a load of complete crap. Sorry if this has already been posted - needed to vent the frustration. :shakehead

Steel tin cases are cool though!! lol.

Although as we discussed before US normally get better special editions than us wee brits!

Isn't the developer for LBP based in the UK?

Correct, although it is published by Sony so they probably would have had a say on things. And for whatever reason decided to reduce the amount of special content!

Correct, although it is published by Sony so they probably would have had a say on things. And for whatever reason decided to reduce the amount of special content!

We always get the short end of the stick, even if the developer is based here! Oh well.

It's just because games are released on different days of the week in different countries as standard.

It's just because games are released on different days of the week in different countries as standard.

Forgive me... but what does that have to do with reduced special content for the uk? Or were you just on about the release date?

Also, Europe has far more languages to translate a game into than other regions.