N-Europe

Desktops Not Necessarily Aligned To One Particular Lunar Cycle!

Emasher

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ahahahhahhdfahlkdsfhas

do you Windows 7 people not know how to make your task bar smalle ergo nicer/sexier/moreappealing/less terrible?

On this page only The Peeps and Nightwold are doing it right;.

I don't even know why I clicked this thread...

Bigger isnt always better.

Also I think you're wrong but we're all allowed to think differnt things.

Mainly I think the bigger one takes up too much space. Obnoxiously large is how I would put it.

That might be even worse, but then again I just don't like things poppin up if I happen to slide the mouse to them for a 10th of a second by accident.

Web page word ads are terrible about that.

I hide the task bar though, mainly when I'm using a game windowed without a border though so I can freely switch between programs and no taskbar means higher resolutiong.

It's not really in the way, is it? Just because you're happy with a single skinny bar along the top... What about mac users who have object dock (you know, the ones who are actually going to get a sensible amount of work done on their computer at a competent pace).

At work I use the small taskbar, with the text showing unless the taskbar is full. At home on my big display, I do the same with text but I use the full size icons. Honestly sometimes people will compromise practicality for the tidiest and most minimalist screen possible.

My current Windows 7 display with full size taskbar, not exactly struggling for space, am I?

99fedc6f.jpg

Screenshot2011-05-23at170209.png

The poster/official promo image for Lars Von Trier's Melancholia, for which Kirsten Dunst won Best Actress at Cannes (considering Bjork won best actress for Von Trier's Dancer in the Dark, this bodes extremely well!). Found out today the prospective July UK release date has now changed to 30 September. :( HOWEVER it means I can have my birthday party be a cinema trip to see Melancholia! Woo! :D