N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops

CoolFunkMan

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back-and-forth about this. I've not played MW2 for at least 6 weeks. I got very into it... and this time I want to be in the first wave of players experiencing the game freshly and fairly evenly... but my internet is shocking until 1am, and I'm trying to get out of that sort of routine. I guess I'll just wait 'til I move out and get my own net and get it cheaper again :'(

No this is Caris not Dante.

Trade-in Deals

- GAME are doing Black Ops for half price when you trade in Halo Reach. (Unconfirmed)

- HMV are doing Black Ops on 360 for £7.99 when you trade in Medal of Honor (360).

- Tesco will be offering £24 for trading in Halo Reach. (See image on the right, click to zoom.)

Supermarket and In-Store Prices

Sainsbury's: £27.97 with £30 spend (a lot of sources - CONFIRMED, credit goes to annihilation from hotukdeals)

Morrisons: £29.99 when bought with another chart game, £39.99 otherwise (1 source who has claimed to see the promotional material, but unconfirmed until there's proof)

GAME: £24.99 when bought with any other chart 360/PS3 game or selected trade (confirmed, source)

Gamestation: £24.99 when bought with selected titles.

Best Buy: Doing £29.99 pre-orders here. Might be a good option considering the strong possibility that supermarket deals are dependant on buying with shopping. First 500 orders only, now back up to full price.

Tesco: £25 with the purchase of 2100 points or a £20 PSN card. (2 sources, unconfirmed)

ASDA: £36.97 when bought alone, or £4.97 when you trade in Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. Confirmed, image source user "c4c" on hotukdeals.

Sainsbury's it is for me then. Can't complain at Black Ops + £30 worth of shopping for £49.27 really (staff discount). Been off all week, just praying my store isn't one of the ones doing a midnight opening (right now I have literally no idea, just heard rumours that 200-odd stores will be :().

Well I may be spending £30 in sainsbury's anyway on tuesday morning, so that worked out well. I bet they've run out at the store I'll be going to, though. It would be typical.

Does anyone know when the prices went back up last year? Is it just on launch day, or until stock runs out, or what? And although it's unlikely, does anyone know what will happen this year? Ta.

Seems like Black Ops online still has MW2 issues. Also the care package glitch is back and easier to do. The game also has other glitches with lobbies and party invites. Not to mention camping is now worse due to the more random than MW2 spawn system. You now see people spawn in front of you. I am going to pass on this game without a great deal.

I'd like it, but not to actually use it myself; it would be used for a proxy Gamertag. So, if no one else wants it...

I was going to go trade in some stuff for this tomorrow, but it appears LoveFilm aren't feeling well and have decided to send me a rental copy for release day. Does anyone know if the various deals are week-long affairs or one-day offers? Figure I might as well give the rental a good shake before getting a copy to keep, but not if it'll have me paying £55 a few days from now.

Choze; when you post like that without a link or citation, it's real hard to take you seriously/believe you/not see anything but an idiot.

Google confirms the care package glitch.

Can't wait for midnight tonight! Going to head to Silverburn Tesco to get it at midnight along with another 2100 points that I probably won't spend.

I've been on this a few hours now and its great.

The graphics are fantastic as is the music used, there are some really epic tunes floating around the game. Im a huge fan of the explosive crossbow, its funny as hell sticking an enemy with it and watching him panic before he blows the hell up. :D

Choze; when you post like that without a link or citation, it's real hard to take you seriously/believe you/not see anything but an idiot.

Try using google or youtube before calling someone out. Yeah the game has alot of other issues too.

Treyarch actually responded and moaned about people finding issues. Why not fix something as obvious as the care package glitch before launch in the first place? There will be plenty of issues come launch. If new stuff come they wont be able to keep on top of it. The top MW1, WAW and MW2 players already are placing it behind MW2 for online. I dont balme them the complaints sound irritating.

placing it behind the other games because of glitches?

Half of them won't even have played it yet.

I bet you 1 in 10 games online you play will have people doing the care package glitch. Not that big a deal, just go kill them and steal them if they do.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!