NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Looks better than MW2, that game was way over rated imo.

So is this the 'new' Modern Warfare, ie. made by the same people?

So is this the 'new' Modern Warfare, ie. made by the same people?

No, this is the 'inbetween' game made by the 'other' people though I don't know if it can be called an inbetween game anymore due to the uncertainty of MW3 ever being released... I mean it probably will be released but obv not by Infinity Ward seeing as they don't 'exist' anymore.

It'll be interesting to see what Respawn come up with though, but for now I guess this is basically the next entry in the franchise.

No, this is the 'inbetween' game made by the 'other' people though I don't know if it can be called an inbetween game anymore due to the uncertainty of MW3 ever being released... I mean it probably will be released but obv not by Infinity Ward seeing as they don't 'exist' anymore.

It'll be interesting to see what Respawn come up with though, but for now I guess this is basically the next entry in the franchise.

:/

Not really.

Anyway, this is the sort of shakeup the game needs, I'm rating the ideas.

:/

Not really.

Well what is it then? if it's no longer the 'inbetween' game then it must be the latest proper entry in the series surely?

I guess it doesn't matter... all that matters is that it's COD and it will sell.

It isn't the inbetween game. The two games are made from seperate developers, but Treyarch doesn't make the 'inbetween' entry. Both developers are given the same backing, the same crazy advertising funds and they make their versions of Call of Duty. Generally Infinity Ward are considered to be better than Treyarch, but this is merely popular opinion.

This was always going to be the next game in the franchise. Releases come perennially. No matter if IW made it, and no matter if another developer makes Modern Warfare 3.

As far as I'm concerned, they're as big as each other anyway.

Well, I disagree. Infinity Ward build the engine and the "base" of the game. Treyarch just put there theme over it.

Well, I disagree. Infinity Ward build the engine and the "base" of the game. Treyarch just put there theme over it.

Agreed

If anything Treyarch's games SHOULD be alot better than Infinity Ward's just because all the hard work has been done for them and Treyarch has more time to spend on making a great game rather than building a game engine from scratch.

Just watched teh vid on the xbox dash -- you can really see how they're lining up their subscription-based game, with all sorts of ideas being thrown around in Black Ops -- Contracts to lock the gamer in for set lengths of time, currency to acquire new weapons/upgrades rather than automatically unlocking them, and customisation going to a new level.

It all looks overwhelming from my MW2 perspective, with the extra game modes, new maps to learn, new killstreak rewards and all that stuff I mentioned above.

Definitely very eager to get my hands on the game!

While me n my mates probably wont get this at release (maybe I will though), I'm not expecting anything great.

I also, like others, wish that people would stop giving Treyarch a hard time. COD3 was great I thought (bikes, jeeps, tanks, maniac physics) and WaW wasn't MW, it's DIFFERENT to give a bit of variety.

Either way, COD is the in thing now and full of n00bs, cheaters, morons, quitters.... I'm sure MW had a far less PERCENTAGE of all those things.

I just hope Treyarch make sure that quickscoping is abolished and actually give updates and support for glitches and spamming instead of leaving gamers in the lurch.

Also, squad members should be able to choose a colour or something a full or mostly team of blue arrows isn't helpful.

I was surprised to see this thread had dropped to page four. I saw a trailer last night that looked pretty epic, it was more like a film than a game.

They couldve mixed the perks and streaks up much more though, it's seeming way too similar. Plus, I hate having to use scavenger, everyone should be able to pick up ammo. Maybe not equipment, but bullets at the very least.

Makes my classes really boring.

Also, the RC car is going to destroy this game. There's going to be so many hardline users whipping them out every two kills. Should be at least a 5 streak.

Wagers look entertaining though.

If Asda or somewhere else is selling this game dirt cheap at launch then I'll get it like I did with MW2 otherwise I'm not getting it.

I've got two games to trade in if my brother wants this. World at War was so much better than MW2.

I'm getting this almost purely for the zombie mode.

I'm sure the campaign will be good, but zombies are where it's at.

They couldve mixed the perks and streaks up much more though, it's seeming way too similar. Plus, I hate having to use scavenger, everyone should be able to pick up ammo. Maybe not equipment, but bullets at the very least.

Makes my classes really boring.

You can can't you? you just need to pick up ammo from the same gun, I may be wrong but i thought this to be the case.

They got rid of Stopping Power which i think is a good idea, it mixes it up a bit more and doesn't give anyone a power advantage.

If Asda or somewhere else is selling this game dirt cheap at launch then I'll get it like I did with MW2 otherwise I'm not getting it.

I'll probably rent. The formula is too samey/old for me. The customisation options are rather pointless(only superficial aspects) when it comes to the gameplay. But thats to be expected when there is a COD game every year.

The basics are very good in COD and other multiplatform fps especially struggle. This is the 4th game that is 'exactly' the same with little to no change(not like MW1 was original in any way either, there were countless MOH/COD clones back in the day). The main thing is its pretty solid though and gets the essentials right. I played MW2 more than BC2 amusingly. For some reason multiplatform fps struggle outside of COD.

Maybe Crysis 2 will change that? It seems more COD than Crysis this time round. They are going to upset alot of pc gamers :p

You can can't you? you just need to pick up ammo from the same gun, I may be wrong but i thought this to be the case.

They got rid of Stopping Power which i think is a good idea, it mixes it up a bit more and doesn't give anyone a power advantage.

You can but that's nothing you should rely on. They should've addressed this.

I agree with the stopping power thing though. It was bullshit.

I was surprised that they didn't get rid of stopping power when they got rid of juggernaut tbh. They seemed like two sides of the same coin. But quickscoping should be harder now without sleight of hand, and explosions do far less damage. Seems like they are getting rid of the main causes of grief. :)