NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Either I've had a bad night on this or it can just...generally fuck off. I think this is probably going in for NFS tomorrow.

I'm selling my PS3 copy of this over in the bargain boards, due to my phone screen smashing, i could really do with the money. Will take £32 inc. P+P. Thanks :heh:

This game is so easy online it's weird, I can easily get 20+ kills to say 4 or 5 deaths using the right gun, any gun after the enfield is mental powerful and just makes it easy, the fal is a 2 shot kill gun. Considering they were talking about wanting to make this game harder to kill each other online I find this incredibly weird.

This game is so easy online it's weird, I can easily get 20+ kills to say 4 or 5 deaths using the right gun, any gun after the enfield is mental powerful and just makes it easy, the fal is a 2 shot kill gun. Considering they were talking about wanting to make this game harder to kill each other online I find this incredibly weird.

I'm finding it more that the vast majority of players are absolutely awful. No one looks at what they're doing, sprinting round corners etc.

It is actually harder to kill people (IMO) because it takes more shots and its not always the first person to shoot. In MW2 whoever shot first would win pretty much, now you actually have to place your shots a bit more.

It will get harder, as the casuals leave. You have to remember there's a lot of people playin right now that won't be playin in a few months.

But it does get too easy sometimes. Ever since I hit 50 and stopped playin Headquartes and got back to Ground War / Team Deathmatch, it's just been insane. Thursday I got 3 dogs in a single Ground War TDM game (don't use care packages, so yeah, that's three different 11 kills killstreaks).

On that matter, my combat record seems to be glitchin... it says my higest streak is 2... wtf?

I'm finding it more that the vast majority of players are absolutely awful. No one looks at what they're doing, sprinting round corners etc.

It is actually harder to kill people (IMO) because it takes more shots and its not always the first person to shoot. In MW2 whoever shot first would win pretty much, now you actually have to place your shots a bit more.

I've noticed this. The amount of times i've shot first and a level 40+ with an awesome assault rifle headshots me, bah.

Though i have managed to rack up quite a few kills on this compared to the others.

Yeah I suppose alot of people are new to the game, but so many don't use the mini map, it's such a vital part of winning, i'm behind the enemy no ghost or silencer shooting them, completely fuck it up and have to reload, it's so obvious i'm behind them but I just reload and kill them.

Today I changed my killstreak load out, chopper gunner, was calling it in nearly every match i was in this evening, it is fun to use, i just like the bit where he opens the door and you get the gun ready. haha. Reminds me of this.

Completed this on vet last night.

As others have said it does get easier as you go on (except rebirth island, i found that one quite hard- the vehicle bit was the worst).

Completed this on vet last night.

As others have said it does get easier as you go on (except rebirth island, i found that one quite hard- the vehicle bit was the worst).

Did you get a checkpoint when you were in that vehicle that screwed you up? Both myself, my mate and my nephew did. The game would give us a checkpoint right when we were under fire so as soon as it loaded back up we were getting killed pretty much instantly. We had to quickly pick our shots and hope that some of the enemies would miss.

Did you get a checkpoint when you were in that vehicle that screwed you up? Both myself, my mate and my nephew did. The game would give us a checkpoint right when we were under fire so as soon as it loaded back up we were getting killed pretty much instantly. We had to quickly pick our shots and hope that some of the enemies would miss.

Yeah, mine was as i blew up the helicopter before turning a bend, so everytime it loaded the copter had just been blown up but a load infront shooting at me then several groups round the bend!!

Don't think i will be getting the zombie related achievements in this, ive not got a group of people who i can work through them with as they look like they will take time and patience kinda thing.

Ok, I'm addicted to Zombies. Never had WAW so this is a new experience for me. LOVE IT. Made it up to level 22 earlier with 3 mates. 2 freakin' hours we were on it. Loved every minute of it though.

I gave the 360 version a blast at my bro's at weekend and enjoyed kicking some ass. Loved the Chopper Gunner killstreak and if I'm honest, I am a bit gutted it's not included in the Wii version as I'd roll with Attack Helicopter, Chopper Gunner and Attack Dogs if it did.

How's everyone finding the game? Are you representing N-Europe online at all as Lostmario suggested?

Invite me to theatre mode if you see me online.

Lol, everytime I get online, I check to see if you're online, and it always says you were last online 10-30 mins ago. Ah!

The barrel part on Veteran is absolutely ridiculous. Like, the worst thing I've ever seen in videogame history. It's surreally hard. It's even worse than the WAW veteran mode... I'm just... speechless.

I've been giving Veteran a go and it's awful. As in I genuinely doubt a single person tried the difficulty before shipping the game, so numerous and obvious are the design flaws.

Generally speaking I'll bump up the difficulty for all games I play, but Black Ops on Veteran isn't hard, it's unfair. Cheap. Not fun.

And yet I'll still finish it, for its rubbishness cannot stand up to my stubbornness.

I've been giving Veteran a go and it's awful. As in I genuinely doubt a single person tried the difficulty before shipping the game, so numerous and obvious are the design flaws.

Generally speaking I'll bump up the difficulty for all games I play, but Black Ops on Veteran isn't hard, it's unfair. Cheap. Not fun.

And yet I'll still finish it, for its rubbishness cannot stand up to my stubbornness.

Good luck to you!

I agree with the fact that it isn't difficult, It's just ridiculous.

that one fucking tunnel / corridor... that has put me off it for a long time, i completed it normal, did the level based achievements and am no playing Single player. I would have to be extremely bored to go back on it on Veteran again now.

I completed it all on Vet, mostly cool, but there are like 3 or 5 particular bits which are just a case of bad game design. The tunnel is one of them, yeah! (for lack of checkpoints... you go through it all and die just at the end? Start over... which is ridiculous)

But the barrel part? Just ridiculous.

It's better than WaW in general, though... in WaW enemies had infinite grenades, so you couldn't even stop to catch your breath most of the time... *sigh*

I completed it all on Vet, mostly cool, but there are like 3 or 5 particular bits which are just a case of bad game design. The tunnel is one of them, yeah! (for lack of checkpoints... you go through it all and die just at the end? Start over... which is ridiculous)

But the barrel part? Just ridiculous.

It's better than WaW in general, though... in WaW enemies had infinite grenades, so you couldn't even stop to catch your breath most of the time... *sigh*

I didn't find the barrel bit 2 bad tbh, the standouts for me was the tunnels and the bit on the vehicle on second to last level 'rebirth'.

I never even managed to complete WaW on veteran, may give it ago again but i just feel like i will break the disc in frustration!!

I gave up on WaW on Normal mode.

I gave up on WaW on Normal mode.

Then you were being a fag, Cube. Seriously, up 'till hardened it's quite a cool game (at least the russian/german part... didn't care for the american/japanese part of the campaign, myself). But on Vet it was just terrible. Seriously, anyone who completed it on Vet is a masochist.

Holy shit, I've only just realized... the Enfield is a motherfucking beast!! I sort of "skipped" it and went straight to the FAMAS, since everyone was saying it wasn't that great, but dear god, is it good!

From Joystiq

Latest PS3 firmware update brings the bans for Black Ops hacks

blops-multi-122210.jpg

Dirty, dirty Black Ops cheaters that downloaded the new PS3 firmware, update 3.56, are finding out exactly what Sony meant when it said the patch would help bolster "security." A grip of consoles have been permanently banned from Black Ops multiplayer servers for hacking or cheating after their users installed the new firmware -- though some of the outspoken among the banned are contesting the presumption that they are cheaters on the game's official forums. (Which is like, the first thing you'd do if you were a dirty, dirty cheater.)

In a seemingly cooperative attack executed by two mortal enemies, firmware 3.56 joins last week's mandatory Xbox Live update, which also stopped pirated and modded copies of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 in their tracks. Is Activision's cash cow so powerful that the publisher can request its own console updates at will? If that's the case, Activision: Would you please, please ask Sony to add cross-game chat?

0880-sid-james-laughingsid-james-laughing-posters.jpg

So who's going to be getting the new map pack tomorrow?

I personally have a love/hate relationship with Black Ops, but will definitly be getting the map pack!

Is it the same as Modern Warfare 2, as in they come out on XBL before PSN?