N-Europe

Marvel Vs Capcom 3!

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The were rumours that Marvel didn't really want him to be in this game and Capcom had to fight for him to added into this game.

I can understand that. In over a decade of avid comic book reading (serious and comprehensive reading of the vast majority of main Marvel titles for over 5 years) I've never seen Shumah Gorath and only seen him mentioned once.

They should bring him back properly.

c'mon then...I'm curious about this how can I validate buying it when I barely played SSFIV?! Is this any easier more fun to play?

By all accounts, it's much more accessable. There has been various features implemented for a newcomer. Such as the 3 button attack method from TvC - Light, Medium and Hard attacks, plus a designated 'Launch' button for aerial combo's. There is even a button mashing mode, where you can mash X and spectacular things happen on screen.

Basically, if you can press the 3 buttons in quick succession, you can string a combo together. And it won't take long until you can perform all manner of flashy combo's, as the system is very dynamic and doesn't require frame perfect timing to cancel.

Had a couple of hours on this, and it's fucking immense.

It is so easy to get into. I was pulling off some insane aerial combo's switching fighters while in the air and finishing off with a Hyper - within minutes. And I've only just scratched the surface.

Ameterasu/Dante/Viper are my main at the moment, but I have not tried every character yet.

Going to practice some more tomorrow, then take my game online, where I will most likely get owned. Not that it matters, because the game is so much fun to play.

It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!

I too have played this game for a good couple of hours today and I'm absolutely loving it!

getting my ass kicked several times over by the final boss on medium but still... absolutely loving it :D really is a joy to play.

Also, I just got owned by Wesker and one of his end taunts is...

'now if you'll excuse me, I have a world to saturate'

lol brilliant.

Edited by S.C.G

'now if you'll excuse me, I have a world to saturate'

lol brilliant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm loving this game - it's totally different to SF4 but in a good way. It's more hectic and fun. My favourite thing to do at the moment is just go all random but my favourite team at the moment is Akuma, Viewtiful Joe and Chun-Li/Capt. America. :D

I do not like the Street fighter games that much, but I do like BlazBlue. I'm not into playing beat'em ups online and I need a good singleplayer experience with this kind of game.

So, is MvC 3 for me?

Not really, there is only Arcade Mode and combo challanges for single player. This game is all about the multiplayer, and if you have not got a mate to play, then online is the only option.

What is the single player story called? Arcade mode?

Yep. There is a mission mode, but it's just a combo challange mode like SFIV.