Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iPhone 4/iOS4

Dante

Okay. On my iPhone 3G when I listened to a podcast on it and then synched with my computer, it deleted it from my imac (as I'd deleted it from my phone and it seemed to know). I now have an iPhone 4 and it just adds all the podcasts back onto y iphone (I have autosync all podcasts)...It's infuriating!! Can anyone please help?!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was looking just before the iPhone 4 came out o2 simplicity was the best, if you sign up for 12 months you get a £5 reduction so my contract now works out at £15 a month for more minutes/texts/data than I've ever needed to use.

I used to have O2 Simplicity £20 / month on my old 3G. If you're with O2 you just need to go to the upgrade section of the website and select Simplicity and it'll automatically change to that at the end of your contract. No need for a new SIM card or anything. Also O2 will also unlock your iPhone for free if you want to move to a different network.

If you're not on O2 then I've got no idea.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/iphone/1_month

Ah yeah... slight problem, I don't really want to be with O2. I need to change the name on the contract, but they won't let me. So I'm going to get a PAC and move to a new provider under the right name. Then if I want, I can move back one or two months down the line (if on PAYG/rolling).

O2 Simplicity for iPhone isn't unlimited Internet anymore anyway, it's 500MB (and up, depending how much you're willing to spend every month).

I've just come off Vodafone's iPhone tariff. For £20/month you get 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB Internet and 1GB BT Openzone WiFi. Or Three do similar tariffs. GiffGaff are the only ones still offering unlimited Internet AFAIK.

try tesco mobile. That's who I'm going for when I get an iphone. You can get sim only deals which are pretty cheap but sadly there is no unlimited data. Still, do you really need more than 1GB? It's also good that it's a 1 month rolling contract so you can drop out whenever you like. I don't know, it's up to you but here are the sim only deals anyway:

Click

I'll be getting my iPhone on a 12 month contract from tesco soon, they seem to be the cheapest deal for an iphone considering I don't have upgrade options and I just hate vodafone.

Okay. On my iPhone 3G when I listened to a podcast on it and then synched with my computer, it deleted it from my imac (as I'd deleted it from my phone and it seemed to know). I now have an iPhone 4 and it just adds all the podcasts back onto y iphone (I have autosync all podcasts)...It's infuriating!! Can anyone please help?!

Anyone help?!?! :(

• 3 weeks later...
They also changed the lock switch on the iPad to a mute switch. Apple have lost the plot with this one...

That doesn't matter too much as the lock switch is now a software 'button' as it is on the iPhone. Having a hardware mute switch is more handy than having a hardware lock switch. Maybe not so much on the iPad but on the iPhone you can easily do it in your pocket or something if you realise it isn't on silent.

That doesn't matter too much as the lock switch is now a software 'button' as it is on the iPhone. Having a hardware mute switch is more handy than having a hardware lock switch. Maybe not so much on the iPad but on the iPhone you can easily do it in your pocket or something if you realise it isn't on silent.

It matters enough to me that I'll Jailbreak just to fix it. Double tapping the home button, scrolling left, hitting the lock button and then tapping back on to the app is just awkward and long winded for something that's used regularly and that used to be simple.

It turns out the switch ain't actually a mute switch. Found out today when I tried using it as one. All it does is turn off the non-existent ringer and audible alerts (push, email), all other audio will continue to play. Useful. Really useful. Thanks Apple.

Edited by McPhee

Except any other device usually has expandable memory, so its less of a problem.

But whatever size flash card you buy, you can put it in your computer and say "hey, this is 3.whatever GB instead of 4GB".

It's just marketing jargon, the difference between a Gibibyte and a Gigabyte used to trick/piss off consumers.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!