NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

Yeah I ordered mine, there's the official black bumper and a few similar third party options. Just download the free app 'iPhone 4 case program' from the app store and it couldn't be easier. Includes several pics of each variation.

I went for the Speck Pixelskin HD which I thought looked the best. Other people must've thought the same because the estimated delivery is the beginning of October.

Apple auto-refunded my bumper on Thursday. Was surprised that I didn't have to do anything.

I believe my bumper has been automatically refunded as well. I called the Apple store I purchased it up from yesterday and they informed me that was the process. I like how easy the whole thing was. Kudos to Apple for doing that.

Is anyone else having issues recieving texts at the moment? Mine seem to come through ages after they've actually been sent. I'm guessing it's a network issue (o2) but I really don't have a clue. It's bloody annoying!

I spilt water all over my phone on Wednesday. No problem texting, though. I'm on Vodafone, if that helps.

My bumper has been dispatched already :) it's a shame that the phone doesn't fit in my dock with the bumper on. It'll be a pain in the arse to take the bumper off every night to charge it.

Is anyone else having issues recieving texts at the moment? Mine seem to come through ages after they've actually been sent. I'm guessing it's a network issue (o2) but I really don't have a clue. It's bloody annoying!

I've had that problem before with various phones and networks. My texts are coming in at the time on the timestamp of the message if that's any help.

This might sound reaaaallly silly, but have you tried turning eet on and off? Certain helped my phone, even if it was not an iphone...

I've had that problem before with various phones and networks. My texts are coming in at the time on the timestamp of the message if that's any help.

Mine are nowhere near, they're correctly stamped but coming to me much later on.

This might sound reaaaallly silly, but have you tried turning eet on and off? Certain helped my phone, even if it was not an iphone...

I have done! It does seem to give the network some sort of push and downloads any messages I'm waiting for, but I don't want to have to turn the thing on and off all the time just to see if I have any messages.

To me this sounds like a network thing - but what can I do about it?

Mine are nowhere near' date=' they're correctly stamped but coming to me much later on.

I have done! It does seem to give the network some sort of push and downloads any messages I'm waiting for, but I don't want to have to turn the thing on and off all the time just to see if I have any messages.

To me this sounds like a network thing - but what can I do about it?[/quote']

When I've had a similar problem I just had to wait and then it eventually sorted itself out. I don't get a reception at work and any messages I've got whilst at work don't come through until a while later... I find that turning aeroplane mode on and then off forces them to come through in the same way as turning the whole phone off and on.

Thought this was quite funny;

His 3G works one hell of a lot better than mine though. I'd have missed the call at the end, the iPhone doesn't register the press in time. Get the music skipping though, a lot.

Yup. It's just too much for the 3G, despite doing very little more than 3.2.1. I'm just gonna replace it, loads of good devices due around October time.

Have you restored it as a new phone?

That helped with my iPod 2G, but ultimately it wasn't meant to be. Apps took forever to load, swiping to unlock or to go from screen to screen was slooooooow, and it just stuttered loads. I rolled back to 3.1.2 because 3.1.3 wouldn't verify.

Apple are looking into it apparently.

Yeah my iPhone 3G is pretty shit since the new update.

I don't know how to reset it and update to 3.whatever and not 4.0.

Also, I don't want to lose all my saved data in my apps...

http://lifehacker.com/5572003/how-to-downgrade-your-iphone-3gs-from-ios-4-to-ios-313

I lost all my saved data, but it was worth it. My wife is playing through Rolando again, so she likes it too.

As part of the process I installed libusb and that disabled all of my USB ports (I was supposed to install it in compatibility mode - doh!) so I had to borrow a ps/2 mouse from the IT department at work. That was fairly uncool.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Thought this was quite funny;

His 3G works one hell of a lot better than mine though. I'd have missed the call at the end, the iPhone doesn't register the press in time. Get the music skipping though, a lot.

Yeah I lol'd as well at that. My 3G was fairly crap before I upgraded to 4. My girlfriends 3G was crap as well, so we restored hers as 3.1.3. I just don't understand why it's so crap, as there's hardly any features added to it.

It's a two year old phone in the smartphone market, the software is constantly advancing at much greater rate than the hardware that supports it. It's like buying a brand new computer and wondering why it doesn't play the best games 2 years later.

My PC did play the best games 2 years later.

As for the iPhone 3G, well, like that guy said, there's hardly any new features for it.

And the fact that Apple are looking into it surely verifies the general idea that it's not that it's too demanding, but just bad coding or whatever.

All the cool features were disabled for the 3G so it shouldn't have made it so bad. The main/only upgrades for a 3G were threaded email, folders and a marginally prettier dock; all of which I liked the sound of. Those things shouldn't have affected it so much.

All the cool features were disabled for the 3G so it shouldn't have made it so bad. The main/only upgrades for a 3G were threaded email, folders and a marginally prettier dock; all of which I liked the sound of. Those things shouldn't have affected it so much.

Exactly. The hardware argument would be valid if the multitasking and wallpapers were there. But they're not, and so the phone should run pretty much the same as it did before. It was a little slow before, but I could understand that, due to the hardware. It shouldn't have gotten worse.

Got my free iPhone case. Kind of surprised it turned up so quickly. It said 6 to 8 weeks. Not going to use it, I like how my phone looks.

Likewise :heh: my bumper showed up in a couple of days, put it on for a day and took it back off again, it's ugly and feels crap, and seemed to extend the hold button to the whole top of the phone.

I also tried a griffin screen protector I got free. Absolutely awful things, make your thumb stick as you slide it accross the screen and significantly dulls that lovely screen.

I'll stick with the faux leather case I've had since my iPod Touch 1G.

Yeah pouches are the way forward I think, protect your phone but don't make it look or feel rubbish when you use it.

I've had my iPod sock 3 year.