Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iPhone 4/iOS4

Dante

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand, why not just wait a few days and walk in on a sunny afternoon and buy one? Does it matter that you have it today not in 3 days?

Is there any chance of them re-stocking in 3 days?

Apparently there won't be any more stock on O2 shops until mid-July.

That's me just home 20 mins ago after buying my 16GB iPhone 4! Got there about half 7 and was 50th exactly in the queue. They had 70 iPhone 4s in total, 54 16gb and 16 32gb.

Queue took ages to go down but was chatting to some guys around me for all of it so wasn't too bad.

Just got back. O2 store opened at 10, so got there at 8.15. Was 10th in the queue that eventually stretched to about 100 people.

Got a 32GB. Chuffed. Now to see if all these signal/antenna problems and/or yellowish patches are on it! :P

Hope everyone who wanted one this morning got one.

Spoke to Vodafone today, no deals. They want me to sign up for two years, double my line rental up from £15/month to £30/month and give them £169 in order to get the handset. Two out of the three and I'd probably agree, but that's too much, better off going SIM-Free or PAYG (or not bothering, I'll only wind up selling it in a few months for the next handset that catches my eye instead...).

Okay, so I've ordered from Vodafone to pick up from one of their shops. Fingers crossed that means tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. (Anyone know how Vodafone looks in terms of stock?)

Okay, now an idiot question. I hate iTunes and I have an iPod touch. Is there, and how, can I transfer all my apps from my Touch to my iPhone when I get it?

Anyone on here having problems with the antenna? I know Caris won't be, but anyone else? Sounds like it could be a big issue...

Okay, now an idiot question. I hate iTunes and I have an iPod touch. Is there, and how, can I transfer all my apps from my Touch to my iPhone when I get it?

Sync your touch with iTunes (and just to make sure, right click on your iPod Touch in iTunes and select 'Transfer Purchases') then just sync your iPhone, it should sync everything that your Touch had on it.

I didn't write that I love penis FYI.

Using the phone now, blown away by it if I'm honest. YouTube videos look like there in HD the screen is so crisp. Also downloaded Real Racing HD which supports the new display and the Gyro. Again it's amazing, graphics have no jaggys and the controls are way more responsive.

Also, I'm pretty sure they have upgraded the speaker because even the keyboard clicks sound crystal clear.

Sync your touch with iTunes (and just to make sure, right click on your iPod Touch in iTunes and select 'Transfer Purchases') then just sync your iPhone, it should sync everything that your Touch had on it.

Thanks very much!

Well Vodafone seem to have sold out. I'm hoping I managed to nab one before they sold out. I ordered it at 10:30 (they processed my order 10 minutes later) and there wasn't any shortage notice on the site then.

Grrrr, really can't wait for this. I need a working phone.

Glad to hear the positive review Caris

Quick question... I use a PC and a Mac. I have my music, apps etc on my PC desktop, and my photos and videos on my Macbook. Is it possible to use my PC to sync most of my stuff, then plug it into my Macbook and sync only my photos and videos and nothing else?

Cheers in advance..

Is anyone else having trouble activating/swapping SIMs on O2?

When I go through the online process it says that my SIM card number is invalid or something. Do you think that O2 might've put it through for me in the store? Obviously it does say it'll take 24 hours and it'll be really busy right now.

The one thing that really strikes me about the iPhone 4 is just how quick it is compared to my 3G!

I was reading somewhere earlier that o2's system may do it automatically if you bought it in an o2 store via your phone no. and the barcode on the micro sim pack.

I did mine earlier in the week and it took about 5 mins. I would guess the systems are getting hammered now though.

I was reading somewhere earlier that o2's system may do it automatically if you bought it in an o2 store via your phone no. and the barcode on the micro sim pack.

I did mine earlier in the week and it took about 5 mins. I would guess the systems are getting hammered now though.

Yeah they must've done it automatically as it's just transferred over now. All up and running on the new phone now. :)

Yes! Got it. Got there about 7.45, there was only a small crowd, although that became a large line after not too long. I was number 10 in the queue, and ended up waiting until just before 10 before I finally got in the shop to sort out the upgrade. Overall not a bad experience really, although I'm very glad I asked my girlfriend to come along otherwise that would have been a very long 2 hours.

Things to note about the phone; beautiful screen, seriously smooth and crisp. The speed of this thing is amazing. My 3G had become an absolute chore to use with the slowness of it, whereas this thing is sticking photos on emails almost instantly, the keyboard isn't lagging at all, the homescreen is sliding from one to the next no issues, it's a joy to use now.

Speaking of photos, the camera is pretty good. It looks like it matches my 6mp Sony camera that is a few years old now, so I'm pretty happy with it. A photo looks good as wallpaper on my laptop screen and thats good enough for me.

Caris, I think you're right about the speaker, I think its much clearer, as well as the speaker for phone calls, cos my girlfriend sounded much clearer when I phoned her to test. Slight concern that my phone muted, then tried to facetime, and then went on to a random contact when I was in the phone call. Will have to keep an eye on that. I will also be keeping an eye on the signal, because it's been a bit low at times. Not sure if it's lower than my 3G or not. Hopefully I'm being paranoid.

The last thing to say really is that it's an absolute stunner of a phone. It's amazing how you can really like a product and think it looks good, and then they bring out something new that makes the old one look cheap and plasticky. Once again, Apple may charge a lot for their products but it feels like a very high quality product.

That does sound shit, and it's also what I'm wondering has happened on my phone. If you hold the left hand side of the phone the signal drops down. I've not got no service or anything but it does drop. I wonder how bad a widespread this is. Anyone else manage to replicate those videos?

BALLS: Yep, if you set the phone down, 3G signal is full, and my webpages load pretty quickly. I picked the phone up, and the signal drops all the way to one bar, 3G turns to Edge, which even that disappears, and suddenly I get a message saying Safari can't load the page. MASSIVE FAIL.

What happens now?

Apparently it doesn't affect all handsets, just some. My flatmate got one today and has no problems to report so far. Everything about the phone is slick though, it's very nice.

PS Ten10 I love how desperate you are to turn this into a new thing to fight about, whether the htc/android or iphone is better :D It's really funny to watch because you've made a couple of posts now to try and bring it up (both in this thread and some other techy ones) and nobody at all is going for it. I personally am having some difficulty choosing whether to get the HTC desire or this, at the moment, having tried both, I'm edging towards the iphone. It's just so slick!

I don't have cash at the moment anyway so I can wait for a while to see which is best in the long run :)

As if this wouldn't have been spotted... On MOnday I'm calling up and sorting my insurance and then ordering one of these. Bizarrely for impatient me that I'm mildly non fussed about it currently, I'm expecting it to be amazing, but usually i can't wait to get these things!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!