Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iPhone 4/iOS4

Dante

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know, if I upgrade my iphone on O2, do I have to use one of these new tarrifs or can I keep my old one?

My old one has unlimited internet + international texts as part of my allowance, whereas the new tariffs disgracefully don't.

Where's the Vodafone pricing? Can't see it anywhere on their site.

My contract with o2 expires on the 23rd June too, so this launch date works out nicely. I need to switch though, as I get a terrible signal in my house, whereas my girlfriend's Orange 3GS works fine.

Where's the Vodafone pricing? Can't see it anywhere on their site.

My contract with o2 expires on the 23rd June too, so this launch date works out nicely. I need to switch though, as I get a terrible signal in my house, whereas my girlfriend's Orange 3GS works fine.

It's been leaked and was posted on the previous page.

So... it's more powerful than the iPad. I guess in theory we could have iPhone 4 apps that can't run on iPad now then. 256MB always was a stupid decision, they should have made it 512MB+ because it's literally the weakest link in the hardware.

The Vodafone prices posted a couple of pages back are incorrect. Like they said officially - it was a test page.

I can't post the link because I have under 15 posts (long-time reader, rare poster!) - just do a Google search.

Does if you get 30% off ;)

O2 or Carphone Warehouse employee?

I guess that does tip the scales. Still can't get why anyone else would want to go with them now though (aside from good local coverage) given they've scrapped true unlimited data. Wasn't that their ace in the hole?

Edited by McPhee

O2 or Carphone Warehouse employee?

I guess that does tip the scales. Still can't get why anyone else would want to go with them now though (aside from good local coverage) given they've scrapped true unlimited data. Wasn't that their ace in the hole?

Where I live o2 are more or less the only network with coverage, even then it's still pretty shit!

You can't really judge a network on the whole because nobody ever lives in every part of the uk on a routine basis =P

You could say to be that vodafone is hax brilliant but I will never touch their service because my area (in particular my house) is a vodafone deadzone.

(o2 is actually fantastic here, the best speeds by a very very longshot)

It's been out for developers for a while. Devs can add iPhone's to their development account (think it's up to 99 per account or something?) so some have been selling spare slots. Once your iPhone is registered as belonging to a developer you can install iOS 4.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!