N-Europe

Tips 'n' Tricks

Charlie

Got any great tips for day to day life? Post them all in here. Absolutely anything at all; best way to get things done? the ultimate wiping technique? how to hang clothes quickly?

Here's mine, prepare to be amazed.

Ever get annoyed that cling film and tin foil always fall out of their boxes? Well there are tabs, built into the box to stop that happening!

Fat women make crap snipers.

Although Wasps are an anagram of Swaps, they have little interest in Pokemon cards.

A little bit of vaseline in the seat of your pants allows you to sit down a little bit faster, enabling you to get a bit more work done at the computer.

Despite looking like pineapple, smelling like pineapple and having the consistancy of pineapple, urinal cubes do not taste like pineapple.

Whilst at work, walking around with a clipboard makes people think you're working. You could also use this slacking time to write a novella.

Edited by Goafer

I before E except after C.

Sorry for the off topic question, but it's past 12am and was wandering if there are any drunk people in here?

I'm not drunk, if you're wandering.

Wandering: if your body/legs do all the work (= walking around).

Wondering: if your brain does all the work (= thinking about stuff).

Never text someone you might like when drunk, even if it works there's a good chance you'll never remember it in the morning.

More practical, to get rid of hiccups; hold your breath and count to 60. Works everytime. As some have asked and then mysteriously dissapeared, if you hiccup during the count, start again.

Edited by Jon

Never text someone you might like when drunk, even if it works there's a good chance you'll never remember it in the morning.

More practical, to get rid of hiccups; hold your breath and count to 60. Works everytime. As some have asked and then mysteriously dissapeared, if you hiccup during the count, start again.

So essentially you're just biding your time until they stop anyway. You could just as easily say "if you have hiccups do jumping jacks 100 times, if you hiccup during start again".

I've found the palm massage tends to work. Did it to one of Jayseven's or Dan's (I forget whose) friend's when I was in Sheffield time before last. She was a bit drunk so found it absolutely amazing.

So essentially you're just biding your time until they stop anyway. You could just as easily say "if you have hiccups do jumping jacks 100 times, if you hiccup during start again".

I've found the palm massage tends to work. Did it to one of Jayseven's or Dan's (I forget whose) friend's when I was in Sheffield time before last. She was a bit drunk so found it absolutely amazing.

No, biding your time could easily take 15 mins or so why wait so long when it can fixed straight in a minute. Simply take a deep breath before startng the count. It's never taken me 15 minutes, 5 at the most.

JonSt is right, it's how to get rid of them.

You have to engage the hiccups in breathe-based battle...sometimes they'll land a hit, but just persist and you'll emerge victorious.

Exactly. I often find it takes longer after doing something physical but it's still far shorter than biding one's time.