NEurope
S.C.G

Wednesdays...

What is is about Wednesday? Is it just me or does it actually feel like a 'non-day' to us all... maybe it's the fact that the day is essentially the middle of the week so it being after Monday is good but then again there is another day between it and Friday.

Often I find Wednesday to be my least productive day perhaps due to its placement in the week and I was just curious to see if anyone else felt the same and if so is there anything that could/should be done to improve on what seems to be the direst day of the week.

Thoughts anyone?

I had a day off, so this wednesday is awesome =)

Normally its a bit meh, the halfway house. Stuck far from last weekend and no weekend in sight just yet! =(

I actually feel okay about Wednesdays. I'm thinking: "Hey, we're halfway to the weekend now!"

Sundays, on the other hand ... ¬_¬

Nothing here to fear

I'm just sitting around being foolish

When there is work to be done.

Just a hang-up call

And the quiet breathing

Of our persian

We call Cajun on a Wednesday.

---

I like Wednesdays. When I visualise it as a day, it never suggests misery or possible badness. It's not "good" either. So yeah, kinda in the middle.

You visualise days, too, Paj? For me, the days of the week have always had different associations - even colours! :heh:

Yeah colours too, but then everything we think about has colours/settings to some degree. Usually based on associations of some sort.

Let me think about what the colours might be for me...

Monday - Kinda..warm, rusty, but a bit yellow. Not quite orange, not quite yellow.

Tuesday - I'm thinking pale blue or grey or similar.

Wednesday - Blue, turquoise, a bit greeny, but definitely blue of some sort.

Thursday - Quite a "regal" day in my head, maybe a darker rusty colour from Monday, but not yellow. Or a bit purpley.

Friday - A bit "flimsy". A cold, thin blue or green.

Saturday and Sunday are both either red or see-through (presumably because of the fact they're "days off").

That said, those colours are really subtle when I think about them, it's not like I see a massvie red square with SUNDAY written on it.

Cue the N-E's half dozen users with synesthesia.

I also feel nothing for Wednesdays. Nothing happens, nothing good comes out to watch. You do get new XBLA games though.

You don't feel annoyed that the week has only just begun, nor happy that it is near ending. The only good thing about Wednesday is when the evening comes and you're one sleep away from a Thursday.

Cue the N-E's half dozen users with synesthesia.

I also feel nothing for Wednesdays. Nothing happens, nothing good comes out to watch. You do get new XBLA games though.

You don't feel annoyed that the week has only just begun, nor happy that it is near ending. The only good thing about Wednesday is when the evening comes and you're one sleep away from a Thursday.

You forgot bleach sir, shame on you! :heh:

Yeah colours too, but then everything we think about has colours/settings to some degree. Usually based on associations of some sort.

Let me think about what the colours might be for me...

Monday - Kinda..warm, rusty, but a bit yellow. Not quite orange, not quite yellow.

Tuesday - I'm thinking pale blue or grey or similar.

Wednesday - Blue, turquoise, a bit greeny, but definitely blue of some sort.

Thursday - Quite a "regal" day in my head, maybe a darker rusty colour from Monday, but not yellow. Or a bit purpley.

Friday - A bit "flimsy". A cold, thin blue or green.

Saturday and Sunday are both either red or see-through (presumably because of the fact they're "days off").

That said, those colours are really subtle when I think about them, it's not like I see a massvie red square with SUNDAY written on it.

Quite different from my colours. But I think mine are less "deep" and more decided by immediate association, often from my childhood.

Monday - light grey - fits pretty well the mood of a Monday, I find

Tuesday - white - probably due to it being "tirsdag" in Danish, the "I" being the associating factor

Wednesday - bright orange - again, probably due to letters: it's "onsdag" in Danish

Thursday - black - but a warm black, which I think stems from a children's show I watched on Thursdays which were shot in a studio with a black background - also letters: "torsdag"/"sort"

Friday - pink - a sign it's almost ...

Saturday - red - I have no idea about this one - probably 'cause it's a day off and warm and stuff

Sunday - green - due to the fact that we usually mowed the grass on Sundays

I don't mind Wednesday, it's Mondays I hate, first day of the working week and furthest from the weekend, Wednesday is the half way point to weekend so in my mind the weekend is almost here

I like this colour game :hehe:

Monday - Teal

Tuesday- A Kind Of Blue. Not sure which though.

Wednesday - Definitely a sort of warm Orange. Definitely.

Thursday - I'm thinking red. Definitely a red letter day.

Friday - All the colours of the rainbow :hehe:

Saturday - Blue again.

Sunday - Green, just feels...less artificial than other days?

I have all afternoon off college so Wednesdays are a great day for me :)

Wednesday is a half day for me. Well sort of the afteroon if for your own sport/phys. So i like wed.

Wait, Wednesday is Zero Punctuation and Mad Men day. Wednesdays really are great :D

I actually feel okay about Wednesdays. I'm thinking: "Hey, we're halfway to the weekend now!"

Sundays, on the other hand ... ¬_¬

I'm ok with Sundays, but like Danny says Sundays are a bit crap if I've got nothing planned.

ahhh Wednesday, aka Humpday in the States and payday in my case.

It also seems to be the day that im most productive on as far as getting things accomplished

This year I like wednesdays, it usually entirely depends on my education, given I've not really done anything else in my life.

This year/term wednesdays are my day off, the time for me to catch up with friends, usually spent with the housemate to keep us on track, getting some gaming going and write some essays.

Wednesday to me are abit like saturdays except without the travelling. :)

I generally hate Tuesdays as it's the first working day off the week for me but this does rotate with Mondays. I don't really mind Sundays due to the fact im either off or working a Monday (which are easy easy days). I dislike Fridays if i'm working on the Saturday, but obviously like them when I'm off the weekend.

*Scratches Head*

Hmmm Wednesdays... I think I'm a bit indifferent towards them. Though they're a day off from school so that's good! But then I spend most of the time working for school anyway so it doesn't really matter. =P

I don't hate them, but don't love them either. Also, nothing on tv on Wednesdays, boooh.

I like Wednesdays, because for us Wednesday is curry night. £4.95 for curry and a drink, and catch up with friends.

Wednesday's are a bit frantic for me this Uni year as I've got a class 1-3 but still have to make sure I can get out of the class early to get the train to work at 2:45. Being a compulsory class it can be difficult to make sure I get out on time.

Apart from that it's like any other day, I'm in uni for a few hours, head to work and then back home for 6. I'm really busy all of April so the weekend doesn't really mean much to me... I work at 9am on Saturdays throughout April and I'm always working at 10:30 or 11am on a Sunday.

For some reason this particular Wednesday does feel like it should be a Thursday... Must be because I was out on Sunday night which I rarely do.

I have my penultimate lecture of the week on Wednesday. It's a good day.

Wednesday is shit. An 'intro to Sociology' module which is tedious as it was all covered by my course, and the 2nd year sociology modules I am doing/did last semester in this job. Plus the student seldom turns up. And first years are cunt. And they call me Steve.

Bloody Wednesday.

Except today, today I spend the day in London.

Wednesdays are usually ok for me. It's midway through the week, so you feel like you're in a routine, which is fine by me. If it's a good or decent week, then I don't feel tired because I'm just getting on with things. I think the best way to describe it is to say that you're in your stride.

The best day is probably Thursday. You get that feeling that you have worked hard all week and have accomplished something, and then have only one more day to go before the weekend, and rest comes. I love Thursdays.

Sundays are half and half. Part of me is enjoying my second day of rest, and the other part of me is thinking "sheeeeet, it's work again tomorrow. Where's the bluddy weekend gone?!"