NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Yup. Said it in the other topic, but that is just sheer lunacy. They've pretty much destroyed their potential hardware sales until next year now.

Getting it out in time for Smash would've been the perfect way to explode hardware sales, now the game is going to barely make a dent :(

I was well excited about buying the new smash bros 3DS.

nintendo just lost a sale from me. 2015 release is plain stupidity.

Yup. Said it in the other topic, but that is just sheer lunacy. They've pretty much destroyed their potential hardware sales until next year now.

Getting it out in time for Smash would've been the perfect way to explode hardware sales, now the game is going to barely make a dent :(

Yeah it does seem weird not getting it out everywhere in time for Smash Bros. Personally im not all that bothered as I was never going to get the 3DS version but I cant really think of any games on the horizon that would even get close to the sales Smash Bros should get that they could hitch it to in 2015.

I'm currently pretty worried about new software releases for the 3DS is getting next year so hearing we won't be getting the new hardware until next year is a shame.

Seems the "old" 3DS models will be getting an update to add theming options.

New Themes for Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu: Following a system update planned in October, Nintendo will be introducing new HOME Menu themes that allow Nintendo 3DS and 2DS owners to personalise their systems by changing the menu background, icons and folders, and music and sound effects. Themes will be available for purchase from a Theme Shop that will be added to the HOME Menu. Stay tuned for more details coming in the future.[/quote[

Rumor: New 3DS doubles up on RAM, and almost doubles VRAM

The New 3DS will be more powerful than its predecessor thanks to a beefed up CPU. It also seems that the system could offer extra RAM and VRAM.

As reported by 3dbrew:

Based on disassembly of certain sysmodules for code added/changed with in the 8.0.0-18 update, it appears that the “New 3DS” has the following changes:

They extended FCRAM from 128MB to 256MB.

They added another VRAM (?) of 4MB.

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-new-2ds-doubles-up-on-ram-and-almost-doubles-vram/

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/New_3DS

I was well excited about buying the new smash bros 3DS.

nintendo just lost a sale from me. 2015 release is plain stupidity.

Same here. Just canceled my order. The timing of everything is very strange. Surely most people will just wait all this out until next year now, and maybe by that point they'll stop caring altogether.

I didn't make the association between the " " colours surrounding "New" and surrounding "amiibo".

Wouldn't mind them rounding off that second stick a little more, like the c-stick.

I noticed it straight away. It's not just the colours it's the same logo effect.

Since the announcement yesterday of the new 3DS, I've been thinking how many times people brought up that they would love a revision with another stick and shoulder buttons.

I'm just relaxing here, reading various old threads. Looking at them now, some of the replies people posted to these requests are hilarious.

I'm actually tempted to quote a bunch of them and create a wall of shame. :D

Since the announcement yesterday of the new 3DS, I've been thinking how many times people brought up that they would love a revision with another stick and shoulder buttons.

I'm just relaxing here, reading various old threads. Looking at them now, some of the replies people posted to these requests are hilarious.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Go ahead and shame the hell out of me ;)

though to be fair, I was referring to the first remodel when I said they wouldn't do it, rather than the DSi/GBC style revision - which is a different matter since it always splits the userbase anyway... so I get a free pass :p

Just booked my 3DS in for another repair on a faulty R button again (4th time now) good thing I still have a warranty from the last repair (runs out in October, cutting it close).

Guess this NEW 3DS might make it time for me to upgrade when it comes out, get my current 3DS fixed, hope the R button stays fine till the New 3DS' are out and trade it in against a new one :heh:

New 3DS will maintain the region locking. Not exactly surprising, but rumours were floating around of them possibly removing it.

Welp, here's to hoping someone finally gets around to blowing the thing wide open or at least one day doing the right thing and leaving it down to individual publishers to decide on a title basis

New 3DS will maintain the region locking. Not exactly surprising, but rumours were floating around of them possibly removing it.

Welp, here's to hoping someone finally gets around to blowing the thing wide open or at least one day doing the right thing and leaving it down to individual publishers to decide on a title basis

Part of me isn't surprised but another part of me thought they may have made it region free. They could do with getting gamers back on their side and this would have been a good start.

It still annoys me that they are pulling this region locking rubbish, especially in this day and age. What makes it more annoying is instances like Captain Toad being delayed over here purely to spread out the release schedule. Even if you wanted to import it you would have to buy a another console from the US.

Another example is Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm sure there are quite a few who would have imported it had it worked on their machines. It certainly would have been a better option than being screwed around by Atlus.

screw you nintendo with this BS

The region locking thing is odd as it really screws indie developers, yet the new 3DS is apparently going to run Unity really well? God damn.

Shame the region locking rumour wasn't true. It would have given the New 3DS some extra legs and convinced others to make the upgrade. Aren't Sony and Microsofts new consoles region free? I'm sure that'll help them and DS was region free, Nintendos most successful platform ever.

There wasn't even a region locking rumour. Some random guy clearly making stuff up on Twitter - that's a few levels below a rumour.

Shame the region locking rumour wasn't true. It would have given the New 3DS some extra legs and convinced others to make the upgrade. Aren't Sony and Microsofts new consoles region free? I'm sure that'll help them and DS was region free, Nintendos most successful platform ever.

Just steal all my postings why don't you jeez :awesome:

Indicative of the overlap of discussion atm though, possibly because little else to discuss.

The XL is going for a more "adult" and businessy (translation: boring) design for the box:

6J4Crqo.png

Interesting that they advertise Amiibo on the box for this one.