NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I'd love for Harvest Moon 64 to come to the VC but alas it likely won't happen. :(

I'm sure that I'm probably like the only person here who cares, but whatever!

Miku Project Mirai is coming west! :D

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/07/02/hatsune-miku-makes-first-western-appearance-on-nintendo-3ds-with-mirai-remix/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847901

Includes all of the content from both 3DS games and more on top that wasn't in either original JPN game!

WOOT! :bouncy:

HkMg62N.gif

Come for the cute, stay for the rhythm! :D

I'm sure that I'm probably like the only person here who cares, but whatever!

Miku Project Mirai is coming west! :D

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/07/02/hatsune-miku-makes-first-western-appearance-on-nintendo-3ds-with-mirai-remix/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847901

Includes all of the content from both 3DS games and more on top that wasn't in either original JPN game!

WOOT! :bouncy:

HkMg62N.gif

Come for the cute, stay for the rhythm! :D

I was unaware of this, but just watched some vids on YouTube and now I'm in stitches! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, so bonkers. :D

Sign me up. :bouncy:

Vocals will still be in Japanese, right? I doubt I could handle the cheese otherwise. :heh:

I was unaware of this, but just watched some vids on YouTube and now I'm in stitches! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, so bonkers. :D

Sign me up. :bouncy:

Vocals will still be in Japanese, right? I doubt I could handle the cheese otherwise. :heh:

Yeah, all the songs in the two localised Miku games on PS3/Vita were in Japanese (with lyrics written in Romanji) and this will be no different.

Hatsune-Miku-Project-DIVA-F-1-640x360.jpg

The gameplay in Project Mirai is a bit different from the Project Diva games, but it's still a rhythm game set up in a similar way...

So it'll still be delightfully bonkers when we get it :)

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah, all the songs in the two localised Miku games on PS3/Vita were in Japanese (with lyrics written in Romanji) and this will be no different.

Hatsune-Miku-Project-DIVA-F-1-640x360.jpg

Cool.

I remember playing the demo for one of these games on PS3 actually (after you recommended it) and was considering getting the full version until I discovered it was insanely expensive! :o

Only available via PSN in Europe too, right?

The gameplay in Project Mirai is a bit different from the Project Diva games, but it's still a rhythm game set up in a similar way...

So it'll still be delightfully bonkers when we get it :)

I hope it's possible to turn off, or at least turn down the chime SFX. They be LOUD. :heh:

Also, the lip sync is pretty impressive in this game, especially considering the type of character design.

That pointing up dance in the intro is soooo damn funny, gets me every time. :laughing:

"Party party party party party time!" Love it. :D

When do you reckon this will hit Europe anyway, early 2015?

Cool.

I remember playing the demo for one of these games on PS3 actually (after you recommended it) and was considering getting the full version until I discovered it was insanely expensive! :o

Only available via PSN in Europe too, right?

Yeah, the first game is digital only in Europe, but physical in the US (so you could always import it, since the console is region free. That's what I did :) - plus there's no DLC either, so no need to worry about any sort of hassle in dealing with buying anything from the US store if you import the game.), but the upcoming sequel Project Diva F2 is physical and digital in Europe this time :D

I hope it's possible to turn off, or at least turn down the chime SFX. They be LOUD. :heh:

Yeah, you can adjust the volume of the music and chime sounds separately in Diva F :) (I assume that the same applies to Mirai as well)

Also, the lip sync is pretty impressive in this game, especially considering the type of character design.

That pointing up dance in the intro is soooo damn funny, gets me every time. :laughing:

"Party party party party party time!" Love it. :D

Yeah, the visuals are really impressive and only get even more bonkers as the game goes on! (Oh and they totally purposely make the notes hard to see in front of the insanely colourful backgrounds too! But you never really feel cheated or frustrated though, it's all part of the fun really) - If you thought that the demo videos were nutso,

Bit of a shame that Mirai's videos don't seem quite as crazy, but the gameplay looks nice and solid though and that's ultimately the most important thing (plus it's ridiculously cute - which is always a good thing :) )

When do you reckon this will hit Europe anyway, early 2015?

Yeah, the press release says it's coming next year (didn't say when, but I'd probably bet on some time between March-May).

If you thought that the demo videos were nutso,
Whoa! :hehe:

BTW, have you played Love Live! School Idol Festival?

I downloaded it a while back after discovering it on NeoGaf.

It's currently providing me with my cheesy Japanese rhythm game fix :heh: and can also get pretty crazy:

Whoa! :hehe:

BTW, have you played Love Live! School Idol Festival?

I downloaded it a while back after discovering it on NeoGaf.

It's currently providing me with my cheesy Japanese rhythm game fix :heh: and can also get pretty crazy:

I've heard of it, but not really seen it. Looks fun :) Might have to give it a cheeky look :hehe:

As funny as those kids react videos are, they always use the same kids who are pretty good at acting and smart talkers, I wish they interviewed random kids so it wouldn't feel so scripted. Still it had a few good points :)

An update for the 3DS has been released bumping the version from 7 to 8. However all Nintendo have said is that it includes some stability upgrades. Seems like there could be more to the update than they are letting on considering it's a major version increment?

An update for the 3DS has been released bumping the version from 7 to 8. However all Nintendo have said is that it includes some stability upgrades. Seems like there could be more to the update than they are letting on considering it's a major version increment?

Was it a global update? If so, could be performance improvements for streaming DQ X.

Was it a global update? If so, could be performance improvements for streaming DQ X.

Yeah, my UK 3DS got the update.

I'll also be in Japan in August for a while, but tell me about this charging problem, because I've yet to look into the whole plug/volt/socket shenanigens that comes with traveling abroad.

I can use the official European 3DS charger with my Japanese 3DS without any problems.

I haven't experienced any battery issues for over 3 years.

The other way around might work too, I haven't been to any 110 volt country in my life so I can't guarantee Japanese chargers would work with European 3DS systems.

Edit to add something to it:

I can NOT use a universal plug with my Japanese 3DS charger in Europe.

Japanese PS Vita chargers work fine in Europe, this is because Sony is kind enough to make their chargers compatible with the whole world. :P

I presume this happens to everyone, but it's really annoying. Basically, on the eshop, you want to kick out, very often you simply doesn't let you. You have to keep pressing it and waiting some time... So annoying!

I presume this happens to everyone, but it's really annoying. Basically, on the eshop, you want to kick out, very often you simply doesn't let you. You have to keep pressing it and waiting some time... So annoying!

I've always thought that this was simply the eShop updating after you've either made a purchase or viewed something, there seems to be a little spinning circle of circles icon when the page is loading and it doesn't let you use the home button until it's finished, yes it is a little bit annoying but it's not too bad. : peace:

Hit the POWER button until it gives you the option to 'Power Off'.. then press the HOME button :smile: It's not ideal but it gets the job done :heh:

Been playing 3DS a lot more now that the Wii U is in the repair shop.

Nearly finished Luigi's Mansion. May do OoT again too!

Thoughts on Luigi's Mansion, Blade?! I loved it. Probably one of my favourite 3Ds games.

I don't feel like this forum discusses the 3DS enough!! It's such a great console. It's a shame there aren't too many games coming out for it in the coming months. This is the quietest period I've seen for the console since launch!! :confused:

Thoughts on Luigi's Mansion, Blade?! I loved it. Probably one of my favourite 3Ds games.

I don't feel like this forum discusses the 3DS enough!! It's such a great console. It's a shame there aren't too many games coming out for it in the coming months. This is the quietest period I've seen for the console since launch!! :confused:

I do love my 3DS but I'm beginning to wish that many of its games were available on the Wii U, particularly stuff like Mario Golf. I'd rather play a game like that on my big TV where I play my other golf games. Of course, there's stuff like Pokemon and Animal Crossing that I prefer on the 3DS.

Yeah someone else on here said about Mario Golf on the Wii U instead of the 3DS. I personally disagree about that particular game, only because I've played it on the 3DS and I think it is absolutely brilliant. The online is also very good, probably better than most of the online Wii U games I've experienced so far anyway! I also think it lends itself to the handheld quite well, being able to play a hole and then shut the lid of the console as and when.

Having said that, I also would like to see Mario Golf make a Wii U appearance. It would have been good to see them do a Smash Bros on it and have 2 versions that were different enough to warrant 2 games but linked up in some way.

I agree how good a Mario Golf would be on the big screen! : peace: I'd also love to see Mario Tennis on the Wii U too!

The 3DS has been such a disappointment for me, so much so that I almost wish Nintendo would concentrate all their efforts and franchises on one single device, rather than divide them across home consoles and handhelds :hmm: The decisions of which games go where often seems baffling too, as stuff like Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open, however good them may be, seem to be ideal for Wii Motion Plus, whilst Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion 2 would also likely benefit from Wii Remote and Nunchuk input!

For me, the 3DS was at it's best around the excitment of launch with Pilotwings Resort and intrigue of glasses-free 3D and augmented reality. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 were excellent too but almost everythign else has been a let down. Starfox 64 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D are AWESOME, but they're remakes of already stellar games. Almost everything else I have played just hasn't been as good as I wanted it to be, and there's nothing exciting on the horizon. Super Smash Bros will be good, but it'll never be my favourite franchise as I've never been a fighting game enthusiast..

I'm basically just hoping for Majora's Mask 3D, with which I could probably happily retire my 3DS and wait for the next device :heh:

Yeah someone else on here said about Mario Golf on the Wii U instead of the 3DS. I personally disagree about that particular game, only because I've played it on the 3DS and I think it is absolutely brilliant. The online is also very good, probably better than most of the online Wii U games I've experienced so far anyway! I also think it lends itself to the handheld quite well, being able to play a hole and then shut the lid of the console as and when.

Having said that, I also would like to see Mario Golf make a Wii U appearance. It would have been good to see them do a Smash Bros on it and have 2 versions that were different enough to warrant 2 games but linked up in some way.

I agree how good a Mario Golf would be on the big screen! : peace: I'd also love to see Mario Tennis on the Wii U too!

I hope the joint architecture of Nintendo's next consoles means we'll see Mario Golf and Mario Tennis on both systems, in the same way Everybody's Golf is on both Vita and PS3 :)