NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

The regular New 3DS is looking far more appealing to me, face plates and a smaller screen which will suit the stupidly low resolution better

It's actually fucking called the New 3DS. I seriously thought that was just a colloquial/joke reference.

Sort your shit out Ninty.

I quite like "New 3DS". better than 3DS XL-I or whatever random letter they can think of to add to the end.

The regular New 3DS is looking far more appealing to me, face plates and a smaller screen which will suit the stupidly low resolution better

Yeah think I will go back to the smaller one now.

Advantages of XL are minimal at best

I've always found the XL a tad too big, so when you consider SNES style buttons + faceplates, I'm also going back to the regular version.

Not so keen on how they've put everything (card, headphones, power button etc) on the very front though, looks a bit messy.

Almost everything about the smaller model makes it more fun as a handheld. And yet... for actually playing games, I'd still take the XL every time.

Knew I should have gotten the smaller model.

Have you pre-ordered an XL model then Ike?!

Is the new 3DS Bluetooth?

Forgot about Bluetooth connectivity.

Why does Nintendo persist in ignoring this Feature?

Should be standard now.

Is the new 3DS Bluetooth?

For what?

Have you pre-ordered an XL model then Ike?!

Yep! Screw waiting 'till next year. Although I was going to get the non-XL at first.

Yep! Screw waiting 'till next year. Although I was going to get the non-XL at first.

: peace: brilliant! Can't wait to hear your impressions! I was tempted to order a normal model myself from play Asia, but they went out of stock. :shakehead

: peace: brilliant! Can't wait to hear your impressions! I was tempted to order a normal model myself from play Asia, but they went out of stock. :shakehead

They must have sold out while I was ordering because it disappeared from my order which is why I ended up with the XL. The black model goes back in and out of stock so might be worth checking back every so often. The White model seems to be the most popular.

They've inflated the prices since they originally went up which is why I've not changed my order.

They must have sold out while I was ordering because it disappeared from my order which is why I ended up with the XL. The black model goes back in and out of stock so might be worth checking back every so often. The White model seems to be the most popular.

They've inflated the prices since they originally went up which is why I've not changed my order.

Ahh interesting.

I saw the black one was in stock yesterday, but I really want the white one. Think I will just hold out for the UK release. Although it is such a long time to wait. :(

It is gonna come to the UK though right?!

Imma needing me a white model with some Peach bad ass covers! :heh:

I love the look of the new 3DS (the small model, at least), the white one with those buttons, oh man.

But I really can't justify a third 3DS. Not only that, but apart from how hot the new console looks, I doubt I'd use it. I'm really burnt out on 3DS atm. As someone who is not a fan of RPGs, there just seems to be absolutely nothing appealing in the pipe-line. And Nintendo are starting to get quiet on the first-party software front, which if the DS and Wii are anything to go by is a very bad sign.

Smash Bros 3DS would be an exciting prospect had it have had a year's difference in release, but with the Wii U version coming just a month or two after, even that just feels like an extra, or companion piece, to the 'proper' Wii U game.

bluetooth headphones!!

should be a standard feature with new tech.

Pretty unnecessary if you ask me. Until the day a set of BT stereo headphones has respectable battery-time and higher quality.

Jeez, whats the next thing to knock Nintendo for lol? No Skype? :indeed:

Pretty unnecessary if you ask me. Until the day a set of BT stereo headphones has respectable battery-time and higher quality.

Jeez, whats the next thing to knock Nintendo for lol? No Skype? :indeed:

screw all the people who use bluetooth headphones hey.. :indeed:

all them people who use bluetooth headphones with mobile phones, tablets and Vita's must be doing something wrong.

dude its a basic feature that nintendo should start using.

I for one have never seen anyone using bluetooth headphones. The only thing I've ever seen bluetooth used is to use a headset with a phone or to send music/pictures from phone to phone. It's a feature which the vast majority of people wouldn't use. When bluetooth headphones are commonly used, I'm sure they would include the functionality, but right now, bluetooth headphones are a luxury item.

But how many people are using BT headphones, really? I was a BT headphone connoisseur until I realized the constant charging, lower quality in relation to similar priced wired headphones and fragility.

Not essential imo... but to each his own... I guess. :D

I for one have never seen anyone using bluetooth headphones. The only thing I've ever seen bluetooth used is to use a headset with a phone or to send music/pictures from phone to phone. It's a feature which the vast majority of people wouldn't use. When bluetooth headphones are commonly used, I'm sure they would include the functionality, but right now, bluetooth headphones are a luxury item.

I use them. I dont think its about how popular are I think its more down to the fact that most electronic devices these days will have bluetooth functionality. It's a standard thing now and its disappointing that the new 3DS doesnt have it.

Not sure which ones you have used or know of but mine once fully charged last for days and sound is incredible. They thump.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluedio-Headphones-Revolutionary-Bluetooth4-0-Retail-Gift/dp/B00H1XKC1Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WPSZRVVPS4C2CEHK2HK

Edited by liger05

I use them. I dont think its about how popular are I think its more down to the fact that most electronic devices these days will have bluetooth functionality. It's a standard thing now and its disappointing that the new 3DS doesnt have it.

Not sure which ones you have used or know of but mine once fully charged last for days and sound is incredible. They thump.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluedio-Headphones-Revolutionary-Bluetooth4-0-Retail-Gift/dp/B00H1XKC1Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WPSZRVVPS4C2CEHK2HK

See, that price range is just unattractive and it's only really the bulky type like those that can have decent battery-life... I like sleek earphones, like the Plantronics BackBeat Go 2.

Does the Vita even have bluetooth? i own one and i've never used it, hell i wouldn't know where to find it., on a handheld that you'd generally holding about 1ft away from you, i think a wired headset is quite acceptable

That Special edition XL....makes it look like they have interchangeable plates too....i so bloody hope they do