NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

So they will show off the update at E3 and then give it to us? Try and big it up and ignore the fact that it should have been on the machine at release?

Actually, canand, you got me thinking..

Wouldn't it be interested if you were able to watched Nintendo's E3 conference in 3D on your 3DS or at the very least be able to view videos of the 3DS games on show as they are intended to be seen..?

I can't imagine that being the case, of course, but just a thought :heh:

I'm hoping they put up the E3 3DS game demos up for download.

Anyone worried about the lack of mention of a messaging service? This coupled with the starfix news imreally beginning to lose faith that nintendo are going to rectify their disastrous mistakes.

Anyone worried about the lack of mention of a messaging service? This coupled with the starfix news imreally beginning to lose faith that nintendo are going to rectify their disastrous mistakes.

You're using the term disastrous a bit loosely. Not including a message service is not disastrous.

Wait until E3 and Nintendo's conference, then start bitching

I could actually see that happening.

Reggie: 'American NINTENDO 3DS owners got their hands on the eShop yesterday, with original content AND classics from third parties and first parties alike. However, we intend to do more, by bringing E3 2011 to your NINTENDO 3DS!

You will all be able to download demos for the following games......., and videos for these......'

:bowdown:MEGATONONSONSOSNOSNZOZNON:bowdown:

As Serebii stated; we shall see what NINTENDO's new strategy is during their press conference.

If it is not to our liking, we shall unleash GIFs:p

Reggie: 'American NINTENDO 3DS owners got their hands on the eShop yesterday, with original content AND classics from third parties and first parties alike. However, we intend to do more, by bringing E3 2011 to your NINTENDO 3DS!

You will all be able to download demos for the following games......., and videos for these......'

:bowdown:MEGATONONSONSOSNOSNZOZNON:bowdown:

Going to be disappointed.

I expect E3 to have a lot of extremely ambiguous "Coming 2012" in it.

Would be good and, quite honestly, I can't think why they wouldn't. It'd be great to have the videos on our 3DS like the "nature" video we got for updating it.

I'm hoping for some good news at E3. Right now, I'm selling my 3DS until convinced otherwise. Frankly I've got better things to play and better things to spend my money on.

I think we'll get it eventually, no chance of sending invites to people on your friend list to join you in a game though, its not the Nintendo way.

Plus:

Still no mention of possible voice chat in future games, Street Fighter 4 would have been a good game to show it off. If they do release Monster Hunter 3DS it will need voice chat, I aint writing messages with the touch screen while hunting... :nono:

Still no DLC in Nintendo Games (Yes, theres only been 3 games) but Pilotwings definitely needs it with extra missions, vehicles, islands etc

I have a bad feeling Mario Kart 3DS will have an identical online system to the Wii version, fixed lobby messages, no proper DLC and no voice chat, oh and 8 players online instead of 12.

Reggie: 'American NINTENDO 3DS owners got their hands on the eShop yesterday, with original content AND classics from third parties and first parties alike. However, we intend to do more, by bringing E3 2011 to your NINTENDO 3DS!....

...As for our European fans, enjoy your free episode of 'Shaun The Sheep''

Selling the system, no megatons and 'Nintendo won't do that'.

Interesting times for the 3DS. Can't wait!

£148.98 instore at Gamestation apparently.

(and I still don't want one)

Thing is, I don't even know which game I would get. There is still no single standout must-have title. So I would drop £180, get a game I wasn't even sure I wanted and when I was finished with it be left with a big hole in my pocket, set to get bigger when OoT arrives (only game I'm actually interested in).

So really I think that would be my loss.

Remember when we all thought Nintendo might upload the E3 2007 demos and videos to the Wii Shop Channel?

satoruiwata.jpg

<Cries at them prices>

Wish i waited a month now before buyone one... ! Could have bought myself another game with that price difference! (i paid £190)

If GAME and GameStation have lowered their prices, they haven't changed the labels yet (which is quite possibly the case). The only sort of deal I saw in town today was at HMV - £180 with a game.

Anyway, Nintendo have really mucked this up - holding back 1st-party software to let 3rd-parties shine, not setting a sensible RRP... I'm happy with the price I paid for mine, I just don't want the machine to flop.

If GAME and GameStation have lowered their prices, they haven't changed the labels yet (which is quite possibly the case). The only sort of deal I saw in town today was at HMV - £180 with a game.

Anyway, Nintendo have really mucked this up - holding back 1st-party software to let 3rd-parties shine, not setting a sensible RRP... I'm happy with the price I paid for mine, I just don't want the machine to flop.

Yep same here, local stores aren't lowering their prices

And i agree they have made too much of a shift for 3rd party games and its hindering sales, and bumping up the RRP because of E3 speculation last year and Hype was a mistake

I want the system to do well, but those prices are painful to look at now, holding my launch model... :red:

Grainger Games, as mentioned above, is the confirmed source for a £149 3DS - and that's in store only I believe.

Grainger Games, as mentioned above, is the confirmed source for a £149 3DS - and that's in store only I believe.

Sounds like GAME and Gamestation are simply price matching Grainger Games again like with the launch price.