Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

F1 2010 from Codemasters

gaggle64

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic gameplay video here on (going by the brand of wheel) what is either the PC or PS3 version of the game. It gives a pretty good demonstration of how the race can evolve even over a short distance, especially if you get too aggressive and just end up shredding your tires.

Also, there are now reviews popping up online all over the shop, most operating in the 8 & 9 range. My personal favorite thus far being Edge Magazine's online posting, which gave it an 8/10.

F1 2010 remains a game to be uttered in the same breath as Crammond’s Formula One Grand Prix, Bizarre Creations’ Formula 1 ‘97, and Ayrton Senna’s Super Monaco GP II. Different games, historic games, yet games which found their own ways to express the feel of Formula 1: the blurring scenery, fleeting thoughts and rushing blood. Final Execution And Resurrection? Pretty much.

Looks like I'll have to tone back my driving style on these kind of games then otherwise I'll be shredding up my tyres ridiculously fast. In the older F1 titles, I was always an aggressive racer barging other cars out of the way and breaking late and heavy in corners, often with humorous outcomes such as cars spiralling through the air, and even with other racing games such as PGR, I've always generally been aggressive. That ain't going to work with this I see. Well, unless I turn off tyre degradation.

Still trying to decide which console to get this on. In all honesty, it may well be the 360 version I pick up but I don't know. I'll see how next friday takes me. :grin:

Yeah I'd love to get a steering wheel, chair and pedals... and make it simulator esque... like they were doing during the Monza coverage last weekend.

It might be a while before I get this unfortunately. I still don't have a PS3/360 and I'm gonna have a lot going on over the next few weeks.

When I finally do pick this up, I expect you guys will be whooping me online!

... I'll just have to make a Raikkonen '07 style comeback!

Looks like I'll have to tone back my driving style on these kind of games then otherwise I'll be shredding up my tyres ridiculously fast. In the older F1 titles, I was always an aggressive racer barging other cars out of the way and breaking late and heavy in corners, often with humorous outcomes such as cars spiralling through the air, and even with other racing games such as PGR, I've always generally been aggressive. That ain't going to work with this I see. Well, unless I turn off tyre degradation.

Still trying to decide which console to get this on. In all honesty, it may well be the 360 version I pick up but I don't know. I'll see how next friday takes me. :grin:

This is always the way I've driven in any racing game. Accelerating right until the last minute and slamming on the brakes with everything i've got and throwing the car into the corner and basically hoping for the best.

Another good video, Hockienheim in the wet with the AI cranked up. The behavior of the opposition cars seems to be fantastically realistic, skittering about all over the place in the tricky conditions and battling at every possible turn. Also, driving in the spray of another car looks suitably insane.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!