N-Europe

Anti-Police

Kirkatronics

Posted this on another forum i frequen too, just wanted to see the differences in oppinions.

Over the past few years i have noticed people getting more and more anti-police.

I don't understand why, most haven't had dealing with the police which weren't their fault.

I have also noticed a few of my, not so close, family members were a bit shocked when they found out i wanted to be a Regular.

Does anyone have an oppinion on why a lot of people are anti-Police?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's because they think all the Police ever do is stop people for speeding and not having insurance/license etc and not going after "proper" criminals aka people who steal, assault etc.

I find the Police do a good job in this country.

People don't see that the vehicles which aren't insured or taxed are usually being used by criminals and can get help gather intelegence.

People don't see that the vehicles which aren't insured or taxed are usually being used by criminals and can get help gather intelegence.

That is indeed true. It is also an offense to drive a vehicle without the proper insurance or without a license, so i don't see why people complain. The Police are only doing their jobs at the end of the day.

I'm fine with them to an extent.

Actually had dealings with them and stuff, too.

All good chaps that I've met...

I think that the anti-Police thing isn't of police officers... more police powers and how they're abused...

I dunno.

I think it's because they think all the Police ever do is stop people for speeding and not having insurance/license etc and not going after "proper" criminals aka people who steal, assault etc.

I find the Police do a good job in this country.

just because you are *only* driving without insurance or a licence doesn't mean you are really any better than any other lawbreaker...

With any profession their will be good and bad people involved, the problem for the Police is that ideally each and every one of them should be exceptional in what they do - something they're obviously never going to manage. The system doesn't particularly help them either, pushing them towards targets rather than decent policing.

I've had both good and bad experiences with them. Traffic Police I've always had good experiences with, anything else (when I need their help usually) they've been pretty crap.

People just don't like authority over them. And the anti speed thing is because they know they've done wrong they just want to act big.

I agree on whoever (sorry forgotten whilst writing) made the point about policing powers being a bit broken because of new need to write and report everything. ITs got to be administrated for records, but not so much that it keeps them all behind desks and more reluctant to give the "criminals" to what ever extent that means their rightful punishment.

The fact that bent coppers are increasingly appearing in the news these days *Notes the one about the Scotland Yard dude who tried to blackmail some website designer or something along those lines*. How can we put faith in the police to look after us when the top guys are abusing this delegated power they have been given in confidence?

Most people have a hard time diffeneciating police officers, and the people who are in charge of the police force, and the government.

Besides this, when people hear about wrongful convictions, ect. They start thinking that the police are bad at doing their job, and arrest people who didn't do anything, this builds up a negative image of the police forces.

The main problem is that the police just don't have the resources.

I lost faith in the police after a couple of idiots in police uniforms broke into my house and asked me what I was doing here. They got the wrong house and should have gone to an abandoned one 100 houses away...

While the male police officer was half way up the stairs, the female officer was at the front of my house having a go at a neighbour for letting their old dog sit outside of their garden on this small patch of grass (I live on a culdesac), which he has sat and rested on for almost every day of his life. It's like she suffered from ADHD.

What's funny is that we're pretty sure the police came to our house again a week later at around 1am in the morning trying the same thing. This happened despite us phoning up and making a formal complaint about the previous time. Our 2 german shepherds were at home that night and went crazy. A neighbour came to our door the day afterwards claiming that they saw 2 police officers at the front of our house, quickly running away...

They also didn't help me when I was attacked by around 6 people in a park, despite it happening in the town centre. In my experience, they are more trouble than they're worth.

If it's ever an unimportant matter like getting attacked in broad daylight by a bunch of psychos who are trying to kill you, they'll just send out one of those useless community support officers anyway. Well in my experience, they wont bother turning up and will just call you 3 hours before they've promised to come to your door, when you're still in bed and then insist on holding until you've woken up and brushed your teeth! Argghhh, I can't stand them!

they're morons in this country and scared shitless where I live.

Plenty of times they have taken drink from friends who are just coming from the off-license to home..... They ask you to empty your bags and confiscate the drink. I mean how the fuck are you supposed to bring your drink home.

I've also heard other horror stories too I believe some are grossly exaggerated.

Crime is always rampant, they're just..... crap. They don't even direct traffic when they're supposed to.

I can't speak for the british police but i'm sure you're about the same.

People are just idiots they have maybe had one bad dealing with a copper and now just say all cops are little hitlers etc.

If theres a stupid law its not the coppers fault, they dont make laws they just have to enforce them thats there job.

As for the bent coppers, reallythats hardly an argumen theres the odd one that makes the headlines and you cant brand an entire profession on a couple of wankers.

I think they have too much power, what with the anti-terror laws and all that shizz. If I.D cards ever do come in, the Police will only be more loathed.

They dont have too much power just idiots dont implement it in the way it was supposed to be.

The anti terror laws are there for a good reason. But they should be used in the correct way.

People are just idiots they have maybe had one bad dealing with a copper and now just say all cops are little hitlers etc.

If theres a stupid law its not the coppers fault, they dont make laws they just have to enforce them thats there job.

As for the bent coppers, reallythats hardly an argumen theres the odd one that makes the headlines and you cant brand an entire profession on a couple of wankers.

Oh do behave yourself danny. The bent coppers is a very valid point. Everyone knows the influencing power of the media. Every time a copper is brought up for abuse of their power/position this will only stem the negativity. Sure its a generalisation, but it only helps to grow the hostility from the public aimed at the police.

As for the stupid laws, I would like you to name them since I'm interested to know what you consider stupid.

Incorrect.

A story which was pretty big up here was a guy who was given a fine for blowing his nose in his car. He was told he was not in control of the vehicle, yet his handbrake was on.

Another great copper story up was a guy who was also fined because he accidently dropped a £10 note out of his pocket and didn't realize. Apparently he was littering.

Just two example of coppers who are not even following the law but dishing out their own warped power trips. Because I can, I will.

Edited by Jon

With any profession their will be good and bad people involved' date=' the problem for the Police is that ideally each and every one of them should be exceptional in what they do - something they're obviously never going to manage. The system doesn't particularly help them either, pushing them towards targets rather than decent policing.

I've had both good and bad experiences with them. Traffic Police I've always had good experiences with, anything else (when I need their help usually) they've been pretty crap.[/quote']

Where did you find out that they have targets?

they're morons in this country and scared shitless where I live.

Plenty of times they have taken drink from friends who are just coming from the off-license to home..... They ask you to empty your bags and confiscate the drink. I mean how the fuck are you supposed to bring your drink home.

I've also heard other horror stories too I believe some are grossly exaggerated.

Crime is always rampant, they're just..... crap. They don't even direct traffic when they're supposed to.

I can't speak for the british police but i'm sure you're about the same.

Under what law are they allowed to check their bags? Also, how old are your frinds?

The police are legally allowed to use violence. That's a frightening thought.

They're allowed to use reasonable force, like any other person.

Its just that sometimes they might require to be more forceful to get their job done.

Yea, thousands of police can do good jobs but as soon as theres a bad one its blown out of proportion and then the media print it.

The media rely on blowing things out of preportion and scaremongering.

Incorrect.

A story which was pretty big up here was a guy who was given a fine for blowing his nose in his car. He was told he was not in control of the vehicle, yet his handbrake was on.

Another great copper story up was a guy who was also fined because he accidently dropped a £10 note out of his pocket and didn't realize. Apparently he was littering.

Just two example of coppers who are not even following the law but dishing out their own warped power trips. Because I can, I will.

This is what i mean. How do we know that is the be all and end all of the story. Thats just one mans side, did they publish the officers.

Untill they do i won't make any judgement on it.

Its like the story where the man got fined for littering when he dropped a £10 note. It wasn't as straight forward as that. He dropped a lot of thing and refused to pick them up, one of the things he dropped was money.