NEurope
jayseven

What's your gimmick?

How I am viewed on here is a question I've thought about on several occasions.

And I always come back to the same idea... that I am merely one of faceless to many of you out there - not that that bother me particularly as such. Then again, to be hated is to stir at least one emotional response.

I guess it could be worse - I could be a total try-hard. I say could... but I'm far to lazy for that.

I don't go out out my way to cause offence but then I don't have problem speaking my mind when I want to either though I'm not the kind to court controversy simply for the sake.

I'd like to think that I meant a little more to a couple of people here but then I'm fairly good at kidding myself in order to bolster my own worthless ego so in reality, probably not.

And what's the deal on colour allocation for text - is it simply preference? Can I claim one for myself?

Edited by Captain Falcon

And what's the deal on colour allocation for text - is it simply preference? Can I claim one for myself?

It's reserved for people who choose to be annoying.

It's reserved for people who choose to be annoying.

How annoying is this?

Uh....I would say you all see me as an avatar and signature combo too. I don't think anyone here sees me as anything but a normal guy...well, not normal, exactly but normal enough...

In real life, I'm more fun and a laugh to be with apparently and I always help people out whenever I can so, all in all, I'm a brown, funny Jeremy Kyle but better to be around.

You're the black guy!

I think I'm the guy with kids. I used to be a sarcastic guy (or was I the married guy?), but these days I just post pics of my kids (or some random kids - you guys don't know who they belong to :heh:).

Ramar, I'd say you've definitely "calmed down" for lack of a better phrase. You've accepted Arsenal are shit. Its a joke! Don't kill me!

Urge to retaliate rising.. :shakehead:heh:

I'm probably just that one girl who whines too much and posts in the HWYD thread too often.

Oh and Jim's "female".

I suppose I can come accross offensive to certain people, I just don't tolerate fools gladly. I've got a few gimmicks but I don't think i've really disclosed or talked about them on here. It would be up to others to decide how I am viewed.

On KNEE: The guy who remains silent for a while then corrects someone on linguistics.

IRL: The guy who talks about science for a while then corrects someone on linguistics.

These are kind of reversible I guess. Oh and off course there's the mod thing, and having a black and white avatar of a guy nobody recognises.

I think I've recently adopted the "guy who doesn't know when he has crossed the border of sexual awkwardness" image. :heh: Otherwise I think I'm a pretty nice guy - perhaps a bit annoying from time to time?

It completly depends. I do attempt to be myself when i am online, saves people getting the wrong idea and the wrong image of me. So if they do end up meeting me, they won't be dissapointed as such.

By being myself, i become one of them "marmite" situations. You either like me or hate me. I hope there are more likes than dis-likes.

I think too many people here assume they are part of the unwatched masses (see what I did there). We're all a patch in the great quilt of things. I agree with some of the self-perceptions above, but not all.

In my eyes you are all cartoon characters with a role to play in my readings of N-E, elements of predictability that define your character but don't concrete what your actually say, nor does it reduce or insignificate what you say.

There isn't a person on these boards that I dislike. That's the most surprising thing.

I think too many people here assume they are part of the unwatched masses (see what I did there).

Well nobody is unwatched, there are always mods and admins...they count right?

Haha :P We do count but I'm pretty sure that everyone else notices too.

Gizmo; you are current Heir to the throne, but Dyson and even Paj (whether he likes it or not) are chasing you.

[We should have an Emolympics. Who can cry the most/drink the must/bleed the most/write the best (worst) poem, etc.]

I LEIK POWSTIN IMIGES!

This is also true. :heart:

Fair enough I got warned, since it was spam/against the rules, but at the same time feels slightly pointless. I'm known to not have cruel intentions, it was 2 in the morning, and nothing but fun was had by all, at no one else's expense.

Not really complaining cause all the pain was worth it. I know that I deserve it.

I'm a Victorian gentlemen bachelor of refinement and sexual assault. I didn't know that was how I was viewed, but a joke cracked about living by candlelight garnered quite an illuminating response.

Pretty sure I'm the forum role model.

The role model of what exactly?

A good, honest, non argumentative, and something else that I actually am, member. Like funny, ala this post.

A good, honest, non argumentative, and something else that I actually am, member. Like funny, ala this post.

Looking at your signature I can't help but feel that you somehow fall short of that. :p