NEurope
Iun

The day the green light died...

38681271_1.jpg

A long, long time ago... I can't still remember how you used to make me smile.

And you knew if you had your chance, you'd do a funny little dance, and make me very happy for a while.

But this February made me shiver... with ever combo I'd deliver:

A red light on your doorstep, I'd only taken one more step.

I can't remember if I cried when I realised you were broken inside,

But something stung between my eyes... the day, my DS... died.

...so bye-bye little silver guy,

You were heavy,

Always ready for games on the fly,

The good old times in days long gone by,

I never thought that you'd say "goodbye",

And this'd be the day that you'd die.

RIP, Iun's DS Phat 2004-2010. Given as freebie by Nintendo. Sadly missed.

:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

My little DS. Been with me for 6 years - went to America with me, spent countless nights playing FFTA2, those quiet business trips with nothing to do... spent 3 years here with me in China, but the battery now retains a 30 minute charge at most. No replacements available here any more.

Poor little guy.

:hug:

Come here.

'nk you.

It's just so... senseless. I mean, 6 years together and then...

Maybe it'll be enough if you know that in the few years you had together, you loved a lifetime's worth.

When are you next back here? You can still get them over here.

Maybe Christmas this year, but I'm really not sure.

I already bought a Lite to replace it.

But... the screen... it's so... bright and big... I just, I mean... what was wrong with the original DS? But to have one the same so soon afterwards... it would just hurt too much.

Well I'm sorry for your loss. But you mustn't blame the lite. It's not her fault. You should show her love and respect as well.

*strokes fully functional DS phat*

I feel your pain Iun... :( still, console yourself in the knowledge that you touched each other in special ways and will always have memories of the good times that you shared. :)

I feel your pain Iun... :( still, console yourself in the knowledge that you touched each other in special ways and will always have memories of the good times that you shared. :)

... :weep:

Interestingly, today is the day that MS is basically deciding to kill off Xbox Live for the original console.

I've not heard of a Ninty product only lasting 6 years, my original Gameboy is still going and i've had that 19 years.

Still, i'm sorry for the loss Iun. I've held a DS Lite and i don't like the feel of them compared to the original.

Ohhh the hours and hours I spent playing 'Find Luigi' on Mari64 DS, those were the sweet, sweet days. *tear*

RIP your DS

Probably for the best. We all know you can't be trusted with anything over the age of 6.

Condolences to you. Hows the Wii holding up? And the GBC? I know he's old now, and news like this might tick him over the edge too.

Thanks everyone. Honestly speaking, I'm surprised that the battery lasted this long anyway, considering my phone batteries tend to go for a year, then only hold a three-day charge.

I hope my DS Phat covered his ears whilst hearing that!

Crikey! I have to say that I'm a little surprised that there are so many other people using their DS Phat's every day!